PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Rid**** gets 9/10

CRAYMAN
05-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Chronicles of Rid**** gets 9/10 in XBN.

Awww man, looks like I may have to buy this too.

I haven't heard much negative about this EXCLUSIVE Xbox title.

Any thoughts?

OuFtb
05-21-2004, 03:03 PM
about this EXCLUSIVE Xbox title.

So sorry to report that is probably wrong, I thought it would be exclusive to but its already running on PS2, so they should get it to.

Starbreeze Studios' Xbox-bound first-person shooter The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay is also in development for PS2, we can exclusively reveal. A reliable source operating close to the developer has informed us that the version for Sony's console has been in production for a few months, and is "already up and running and looking fairly solid on PS2".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=105063

Anyway to the game, all I've played was the demo and it was great, no shock it got a 9 out of 10.

CRAYMAN
05-21-2004, 03:18 PM
So sorry to report that is probably wrong, I thought it would be exclusive to but its already running on PS2, so they should get it to.

Starbreeze Studios' Xbox-bound first-person shooter The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay is also in development for PS2, we can exclusively reveal. A reliable source operating close to the developer has informed us that the version for Sony's console has been in production for a few months, and is "already up and running and looking fairly solid on PS2".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=105063

Anyway to the game, all I've played was the demo and it was great, no shock it got a 9 out of 10.

I didn't mean exclusive forever.
TODAY, exclusive typically means temporarily exclusive.
The good news is that if it is "exclusive", it has hopefully been designed/developed to utilize the power of the BOX. :cool:

RockTheCasba
05-21-2004, 05:09 PM
did u know that the movie Chronicles rid**** is the sequel to Pitch Black?

JADE8704
05-21-2004, 05:20 PM

its the prequel...all of the events in CoR happen before Pitch Black.

BunnyRabbit
05-21-2004, 07:57 PM

I had never seen Pitch Black.. But I know I saw the previews of the movie and the game and they both look awesome. Plan to get the game and I plan to see the movie. :cheers:

RockTheCasba
05-22-2004, 02:13 AM

hmmm yes prequel lol either way it looks sweet. stupid prequel. prequels usually suck look at the new star wars

l Maximus l
05-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Hmmm...maybe I'll actually bother playing the Rid**** demo. I've had it for a long time but have yet to shove it in my XBox.

LynxFX
05-22-2004, 04:50 AM
No, it is a sequel. They scratched the prequel idea early on. Chronicles of Rid**** takes place sometime after the events of Pitch Black.

Carnage.GOV
05-22-2004, 08:40 AM

i would think so, account the fact thats when he first shoes up. and i really dont think it is cuase in pitch black(i have it) hes on a transport ship GOIN TO A JAIL were he was caught on a planet by a mercenary, when the ship crashes on the pitch black planet and all those damn things come out.

JADE8704
05-22-2004, 11:48 AM
No, it is a sequel. They scratched the prequel idea early on. Chronicles of Rid**** takes place sometime after the events of Pitch Black.

well then, nevermind...my bad. i played the demo on this month's oxm, not bad. Though it probably wasn't the final build, it had some minor bugs to it. Im sure the final game will have fixed those problems.

Shadow20002
05-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Hmm..great, something to forget Halo a little bit.

l Maximus l
05-22-2004, 02:14 PM

:yikes:

I didn't just read that.....did I?

FuNkY mOnK
05-22-2004, 04:09 PM
i hope i don't get stoned to death, but where the hell was picth black i never heard about this vin diesel movie. while i'm here i just want to say that the new movie looks great and the demo is top notch gaming.One more thing has anyone heard about an animation on this character RID****? Any info will be appreciated. Carry on.

JADE8704
05-22-2004, 04:27 PM

well, hopefully it will keep us occupied until halo 2...

anyone know what the live enabled is for? i know its not multiplayer...perhaps dl content?

LiquidGuy
05-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Some of you guys are a little confused the Movie is The Sequel to "Pitch Black", and The Video game is actualy the Prequal! :p

mattgame
05-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I told you guys from the demo this one is gonna be hot. The takeover is in full throttle. :hail:

Unreal
05-22-2004, 11:32 PM
The demo wasn't bad, but I wasnt impressed enough to buy the full version without a rental first :( Thats too bad. At least I get Metal Slug 3 this week to help me forget :D

CRAYMAN
05-24-2004, 03:13 PM
EGM's review crew gives Chronicles...9/10, 8/10 and 9/10.

I think it's release date is 6-1.

It seems to be a bit like Breakdown with more shooting and better graphics.

mattgame
05-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Whoa EGM gave it good reviews?! I told you all. Yah!