PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty

ThomasHun
07-24-2001, 12:14 PM
I must say I am a loyalist until disaster occurs such as Malcolm X finding out that Elijah Mohammed had slept with several women. Microsoft has done bad things in there day but I am still loyal to them. Sega on the other hand I was loyal to because of the genesis and then they just released crap system after crap system. So who considers themselves loyalist?:eek:

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2001, 01:48 PM
i can say i am kinda one
i stuck with nintendo untill tey screwed me with the n64, and i would have been loyal to sony if they had games.
so i guess i am loyal as long as they r deserving of it?

CodeScribe
07-24-2001, 06:21 PM
Same here. I was Nintendo's biggest fan 'til they screwed me with the N64. I trusted Nintendo to make the N64 the best thing around. Now my philosophy is; Whoever makes the best system and most fun games will get my cash. And like I said before, "In this round of the boxing match, Xbox has all the hits." When it's time for the PS3 and the Xbox 2 and whatever Nintendo pulls out, I'll buy the one that appeals to me the most.

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2001, 07:13 PM
true true! nintendo used to be the big gun, then sony, NOW IT IS THE TIME OF THE XBOX!!!!! of ccourse first was atari... which was the founder...

ThomasHun
07-25-2001, 09:20 AM
Why dont more people support Microsoft anyway. It is an AMERICAN company trying to help the economy by selling AMERICAN products in japan. I think everyone as an American or Canadian should buy an xbox to show how patriotic we can be and that an american company can make it in this business field. Support the Gates!:eek:

xboxlover
07-26-2001, 01:28 PM
I'am from the uk and I'am gonna buy the xbox so does that count.

ThomasHun
07-26-2001, 10:33 PM
Yeah you count I guess.:confused: It just confuses me why people hate MS so much.

Spuz
07-26-2001, 11:25 PM
Haha, same thing with me and the N64. I only managed to play about two to three games for it around launch, and I just got tired of waiting.. Then, Nintendo didn't seem to grow up with me, so I happened to feel a bit abandoned by them just because I grew older. That reason, and the fact that the release list for the Cube is so small, is why I'm going for the X-Box.

Why the X-Box and not a PS2 now? Well, simply because of the games. There are a lot of unique looking X-Box games out there and the nice thing is that Microsoft is a bit tougher on quality ensurance. The inclusion of a hard drive and broadband, which I have, has definitely helped me make a decision.

It's true that a lot of people just don't like the X-Box because it's made by Microsoft. At first, I despised the X-Box, and that had a bit to do with it, too. The other bit was that I had a Dreamcast, and it did feel a bit like a backstab to Sega when Microsoft announced their own console. This does answer the question, though. Yes, I am a loyalist, but the the system with the best games that suit my tastes. Back then, I didn't know what the games were like for the X-Box, and I didn't know that Sega would be releasing games to it as well. I think Sega makes some great games, and now that they have a lot of X-Box games coming, I'm quite relieved.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with feeling a bit of loyalty out there. A lot of people can't afford more than one console, and nowadays buying a console is an investment. I bought a Dreamcast, and even though the games were wonderful, the system bombed. I really don't think the X-Box will, though.. and Microsoft is the underdog in this situation. Microsoft does, however, have a lot more muscle to push around.. which is why I feel that buying an X-Box is a safe and sound investment. Top that off with great games, great hardware, broadband support, a built in hard drive, four controller ports, networking and DVD capabilities, and yes--I will freely admit that I am loyal to the X-Box.

The difference between being loyal and being a fanboy is that a loyalist will admit when something isn't so great. When the games come out, and there happens to be a few that suck (There always is a few that suck..) I will freely admit that, "Hey, some of these games suck." There was a lot of defending of the launch games for PS2. There always will be those who defend. I don't feel the need to defend. I will just appreciate the games I enjoy, and stay away from the ones I don't, and that will tell the developers, "Hey, stop making this garbage." So, don't worry about being a loyalist, and enjoy the games that you'll be able to play with no regrets. Take care.

Azimiza-XBA
07-26-2001, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I also don't understand why people hate MS so much. If you hate MS, then why the heck do you have a PC? Get a Macintosh if you hate MS. No just kidding, I don't know why people hate MS. Maybe it's because they don't do anything that isn't profitable even if it could help the poor and hungry.

Anyway, I also don't know why Americans are against the Xbox. If you're always complaining about Japan getting games before America, considering most of us probably live in America, then Microsoft is busting into the scene to change things around a bit and show these Japanese video game geeks that Americans can also be fiercly competitive and prevail!

Ok, please, if you think this post was retarded (i think so too), then it's understandable because not even I comprehend what I just wrote.