PDA

View Full Version : why is xbox not makeing.......

zman4672
05-22-2004, 12:47 PM
like nintendo is makeing a ds and sony psp but xbox is not going to make one i bet it would be cool if xbox made a handheld game

lotec16
05-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Xbox started as being marketed towards guys that are teens and older, I don't think that group has a really high demand for portable gaming, I know I don't, I would like to see the psp tho.

l Maximus l
05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I think that MS is concentrating more on their console and XBox Live than anything else right now. Could we see a handheld in the future? Only time will tell :)

Shadow20002
05-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Hmm...console is better for me ! ;)

Slowride
05-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Xbox started as being marketed towards guys that are teens and older, I don't think that group has a really high demand for portable gaming, I know I don't, I would like to see the psp tho.

Thats true. I can see kids taking their gba or psp to school with them. Playing during lunch or recess or w/e. And on long car rides. But older people can't take them to work and theres no point taking it to college and if you're just a bum pothead who sits at home all day then you don't need one :). Also, you will be the one driving and I don't think many people can play halo and drive at the same time.

bretman1234
05-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Thats true. I can see kids taking their gba or psp to school with them. Playing during lunch or recess or w/e. And on long car rides. But older people can't take them to work and theres no point taking it to college and if you're just a bum pothead who sits at home all day then you don't need one :). Also, you will be the one driving and I don't think many people can play halo and drive at the same time.
That's what you think :)

Double Kill, TRIPLE KILL, KILLTACULAR! CRASH!!!

FuNkY mOnK
05-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm getting the psp and nintendo DS which by the way the graphics surpass anything on the n64 and possibly up to par with the gamecube so if MS has any intentions of making a portable, bring it on baby money is no object for this gamer.

Variation-XBA
05-22-2004, 08:06 PM
With DS, PSP, PS3, XB2, N5....I dont need another reason to spend $300 >_<

Batcave76
05-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I think that MS is concentrating more on their console and XBox Live than anything else right now.

I prefer it that way anyway.:D

Casper
05-22-2004, 11:41 PM
MS is concentrating on Xbox2, XboxLive and XNA and has no interest in a handheld at the time being, as far as I've heard. This is a good idea, being that they have the largest online gaming service out there and are just trying to make it better every chance they get.

Unreal
05-22-2004, 11:57 PM
I am glad that MS is not making a handheld. I dont use the one I have now that often. MS is heading the in the right direction as far as I am concerned, with XNA, Xbox Live and Xbox Next :D

ghost 009
05-23-2004, 01:09 AM
MS is concentrating on Xbox2, XboxLive and XNA and has no interest in a handheld at the time being, as far as I've heard. This is a good idea, being that they have the largest online gaming service out there and are just trying to make it better every chance they get.
XNA? :huh:

Casper
05-23-2004, 10:19 AM
XNA? :huh:
Read our front page much?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=4715

Sheeyt
05-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Handhelds are over rated. The only time I ever played Gameboy was when I was taking a dump.

scrotemus
05-23-2004, 11:33 AM
XB would have to be pretty dumb to get involved in the so called 'handheld wars' right now. Nintendo has dominated the market for so long its been unbeatable until now. i think Sony can make a go of it because they have a history of success with the PS/PS2 consoles and because it will play video.audio etc. it doesnt hurt that a gajillion people play their products as well. i think its a smart move on the part of XB. i think they should stick to getting XB2 out to market.

my 2 cents

BunnyRabbit
05-23-2004, 11:54 AM
An xbox handheld would be awesome.. But I am all around happy with Microsoft and Xbox on everything. I bet if MS made a handheld it top all of those out there right now.. =P

thrAsher
05-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Let Sony and Nintendo duke it out in the realm of handhelds. I prefer MS concentrating solely on the Xbox and XBL.

What MS really NEEDS to do is diversify it's library. I'm a patient guy, mind you, but w/ the glut of shooters on the market for the Xbox, and only a handful of games that interest me and ... oh ... about a gillion other gamers on the horizon, MS best start pushing for more RPGs, strategy games, and hybrid titles like Beyond Good or Evil. If things remain as they are, I might just slip from being an Xbox Addict to being Xbox Apathetic....

Anthony4sho
05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
It's too early in the life of the Box' to start thinking about a handheld. Sony and Nintendo have been around the block and know what works right now and what doesnt, tho I'm not saying microsoft doesn't. I mean this time next year there might not be an Xbox. I think they should wait until they are more well established.

Brutus
05-24-2004, 11:35 AM
I'd rather just download a simplified version of HALO onto my Palm Pilot, and not get something that's strictly gaming Cheese.
I already play way to much on the video game end. If I play even more on the road, then it'll be excruciatingly to much.
I'm getting to old and staying to busy.
If I still got rides to places or waited for bus's I'd probably want to get one, but now, it'd have to be: I'm extremely bored & away from all. What to do?

BlindSniper
05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
I used to love hand held gaming. NOW I HATE IT LIKE I HATE BLUEBERRY PIE. I would only use it for long trips but even then, it's pretty useless. I wouldn't even play it on trips cause I get bored with games very quick if they're not deep and stuff, which is why I can NEVER beat repetitive games. I don't know about you guys, but I think the gba alone is too much. I really wouldn't care for this other psp junk. I like the way microsoft is right away, but I need some more games on the shelf to buy! I have found myself for awhile now being happy with the games I have!

seraf
05-25-2004, 03:52 AM
I think Microsoft is only concerned about working on their console and the Live service, and Halo 2! lol, but they could make a handheld system eventually, who knows? I would like to see a XBP (X-Box Portable) ;)