PDA

View Full Version : Better Graphics ESPN or Madden.

Bigwig
05-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Sound off...

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/909/ESPN-NFL-2005/p1

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/872/Madden-NFL-2005/p1

Casper
05-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Better graphics and gameplay go to ESPN - exactly where my money will be going too. F John, he's over-marketed and not even comical, plus, the presentation that ESPN provides is so much better than the same old EA crap - Live or not, I'm still going with ESPN, it IS the game.

Unreal
05-22-2004, 11:49 PM
ESPN is being built from the ground up on the Xbox this year. I do not remember where I read it at, but thats all I needed to know. I will pick up all of Sega's Sports Games this year because of it. ESPN already has the gameplay down, now they will have the graphics :D

Slowride
05-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Well ESPN will have better graphics i'm sure since EA has NEVER respected the power of xbox or it's community. However it doesn't really matter, it's not like Madden will look TERRIBLE. I prefer NCAA to both and sega doesn't even offer it cuz they can't compete with EA on that. Bottom Line.

BananaMan
05-23-2004, 01:16 AM
NCAA's graphics suck. But I'll go with ESPN on this one, ESPN ALL THA WAY!

Ninja Scroll
05-23-2004, 01:36 AM
Graphics is not wats gonna set one game from da other in terms of it being a better overall game.
Since Sega got Visual Concepts to create there NFL (and NBA for dat matter!) titles for Dreamcast back in 1999 and now multi-platform they have had da best graphics is da sports gerne hands down!
But gameplay is wat makes da game, and Sega always rises every year, unlike EA who rehash da same joints every year.

EA's marketing is top notch, i'll give dem dat, but they aint gettin my 50 beans foe any of there titles even though there on da XBL bandwagon now!

Sega's ESPN all da way! now only if Sega would drop dat tired "ESPN" name ans switch it back to NFL2K5 then it's all gravy mang.
nonedaless, Sega ownz EA!
Just not wit when it comes to commerical and casual gamer success. And it's only gonna get worse since EA is XBL now.
Only thing Sega can do is fire whomever is doing dem lame ESPN commerical. Which is dem cats at there Marketing Division. They gotta go! They need more in your face wit gameplay footage, and boosting there game rated scores from mags to sites like gamespot.com who always give dem higher scores than Madden!

I think they should pull a Genesis vs. SNES bashing, or da best bashing these dayz in MGD dissin da snot out of Budweiser! BWAHAHAHHAHA!! dem joints is tight! :rofl:
They makin Bud look like it's for old beer belly bums, and Millers lookin like da newest, coolest thing on da streets!
Sega take note.
Y'allz Gotz Ta'Feel Me!?

l Maximus l
05-23-2004, 02:45 AM
Wait until Fever 2006...I think it will blow ESPN and Madden away.

RockTheCasba
05-23-2004, 03:56 AM
better graphics wise its espn

bostwick202
05-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Im not a big sports game fan but i do prefer espn. But my brother LOVES madden so he'll probably pick it up

CharlieHustle
05-23-2004, 09:21 AM
First of all, i totally agree with you ninja scroll, but keep the espn theme. It gives the game an attitude. Also what sega sports need to do, is get more aggressive with the marketing. I want to see commercials left and right, not jst on G4, and a few other shows. They need to be like EA, and slap us with their product on every commercial until we get tired of it. Espn graphics has been the best for a while, even better than college football from ea, the gameplay always been top notch. Until they get more out of marketing they will always play second to EA.

One more thing, maximus, im gonna assume that it is saturday night and you were drunk... Fever, well actually the graphics are tight, so you must have been talkin about the graphics, and the graphics only.

Wolf
05-23-2004, 11:33 AM
I dont really care that much about graphics. As long as you aren't comparing xbox graphics to n64 graphics, there isn't a very noticable difference to me prersonally.
I am going to buy Madden 2005, since I always liked the Madden gameplay better; and that+live=the football game for me.

BananaMan
05-23-2004, 12:41 PM
One more thing, maximus, im gonna assume that it is saturday night and you were drunk... Fever, well actually the graphics are tight, so you must have been talkin about the graphics, and the graphics only.

Haha that's what I was thinking, I had all the fevers before live and then the first LIVE one 2003. When I picked up 2004 I took it back the next day and got ESPN. :cheers:

Jet
05-23-2004, 02:10 PM
As far as the graphics go, its a no contest. Madden simply lags behind ESPN in too many ways. However, on the gameplay side, Madden STILL fu*king lags behind ESPN. Its a shame that with this EA going to LIVE thing ESPN is going to be blow outta the water in sales.

wbio
05-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Definetly ESPN, no contest.

MaxPain
05-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Espn......

Bigwig
05-24-2004, 07:18 AM
some would beg to differ...
http://boards.ea.com/messages?14@222.zJTPaSWbkS8.0@.2cddee05

Casper
05-24-2004, 11:09 AM
some would beg to differ...
http://boards.ea.com/messages?14@222.zJTPaSWbkS8.0@.2cddee05
That's like going to an Xbox site and asking which is better, PS2 or Xbox - come on now.

Wolf
05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
wow... they are harsh on people who disagree with them lol...
look at TOYPAJBlink182's second post in that thread.

Bigwig
05-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey Casper I cant argue with you I think ESPN 2004 was better looking and better playing then Madden 2004 and I cant wait for ESPN 2005, they improved so much, so many new features. No doubt it will be the best football game ever.

Slowride
05-24-2004, 08:55 PM
I never said NCAA has the best graphics of all the football games, but it is the best game hands down.

JuniorBrady
05-25-2004, 08:49 AM
ESPN definitely will have the better graphics, but I always end right back with Madden.

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 03:02 PM
You EA guys are Madden slave bitc*'z.
ESPN will more than likely look and play superior, but I'll wait and see before purchasing.

SkoalMint
05-28-2004, 07:44 AM
I think ESPN looks better and will more than likely play better. However, I'm really looking forward to the NCAA game on XBL.

I agree with Ninja Scroll on all the marketing stuff. The thing I haven't been able to figure out though is how come on the NFL Matchup show on ESPN, they always have EA as a sponsor and use Madden for game demos??? :huh:

Casper
05-28-2004, 09:21 AM
I think ESPN looks better and will more than likely play better. However, I'm really looking forward to the NCAA game on XBL.

I agree with Ninja Scroll on all the marketing stuff. The thing I haven't been able to figure out though is how come on the NFL Matchup show on ESPN, they always have EA as a sponsor and use Madden for game demos??? :huh:
Madden is on ABC - ABC is owned by Disney, who owns ESPN also. Why they still allow this though, while having their name on a videogame owned by Sega is totallly beyond me though.

JuniorBrady
05-28-2004, 09:51 AM
Madden is on ABC - ABC is owned by Disney, who owns ESPN also. Why they still allow this though, while having their name on a videogame owned by Sega is totallly beyond me though.

I'd never really thought of that. Good call though.

SkoalMint
05-28-2004, 11:31 AM

Yea, I understand all of that, but I still don't see how it benefits ABC other than the revenue generated from EA. Does Sega pay ESPN/ABC to use the ESPN license in hopes to increase sales or does ESPN/ABC pay Sega to get their name out there?

peejay
05-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Since Sega got Visual Concepts to create there NFL (and NBA for dat matter!) titles for Dreamcast back in 1999 and now multi-platform they have had da best graphics is da sports gerne hands down!

Sega's ESPN all da way! now only if Sega would drop dat tired "ESPN" name ans switch it back to NFL2K5 then it's all gravy mang.

- Not in NFL2K. In that game the players looked like gorillas with big, stiff shoulders.

- I feel you on that one. They need to keep the "2K" name but the ESPN in game setup like they did with the 2K3 series.

I haven't decided whether to go with Madden or ESPN for this next batch of sports games. I'll probably rent both of them then go from there.

Holt88
05-30-2004, 11:23 AM
I've always like Maddens graphics. ESPN's colors are just too bright, and the player models really aren't that good. I remember seeing one picture of the Bengals offensive line and they looked like the incredible Hulk with veins popping out their arms.

I like ESPN'S extra features and goodies they put in, they add tons of stuff into their game each year. A problem I have is with the way the players run, herky jerky..there's no fluid movement. In some Madden 05 videos I've seen alot of player movement, players bodies leaning in when they are cutting in real quick and I liked the tackles better to. In ESPN I always though my player was getting hit by an 18 wheeler from the hard hitting and tossing bodies.

I will get ESPN and Madden. But I really feel Madden represents what football is, but ESPN is catching up really close.

Casper
05-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Yea, I understand all of that, but I still don't see how it benefits ABC other than the revenue generated from EA. Does Sega pay ESPN/ABC to use the ESPN license in hopes to increase sales or does ESPN/ABC pay Sega to get their name out there?
Ya know, that's a good one, I have to find that out. I'm trying to get us an interview with Sega about this game, or at least Virtual Concepts, and I will dam sure be asking that question.