PDA

View Full Version : Developers to start pulling out of E3?

Sheeyt
05-24-2004, 10:42 AM
I read in the newest issue of Game Informer, that developers are starting to rethink showing at E3. They feel that the show has been consumed by glamour and glitz and not enough games. They feel that the booth babes, flashy lights, expensive area's take away the attention from the games. Reportedly EA is already considering not coming to next years E3.

Casper
05-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Good, maybe this means they will be at GameOnNY instead - I'd like to see it at least be on both coasts, but if it wasn't for it being in LA, I doubt I would hooked up with all my boys out there.

Sheeyt
05-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Yea I would like an E3 type of event on the East Coast for the simple fact that I'm affraid to fly and would never go to CA for it.

LynxFX
05-24-2004, 11:56 AM
This gets brought up every year as well as with all of the PC shows like Comdex. I just think they will have their off and on years. I wouldn't mind E3 just taking it to Vegas. :)

As for it being too glitzy well, who do you have to blame but the developers themselves for that. They started it with their own booths and try to up the ante each year. What they really need to do is come up with something creative besides cleavage clad booths with babes that could care less about being there.

Edit: And if I recall, last years E3, EA's booth was quite boring with little worth looking at more than 5 minutes.

Sheeyt
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
I've heard alot of people said that MS's area this year was REALLY plain.

LynxFX
05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Last year Microsoft had a pretty decent booth area. Tons of game kiosks and then they had one of the largest stage areas as well where they were holding counterstrike tournaments and other events on their bigscreen. Sounds like they didn't do that much this year.

I expect Sony and MS to pull out all the stops next year with the debut of the next gen hardware.