PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Rid**** Pre-order Bonus

OuFtb
05-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Vivendi announced today that it is offering a special pre-order bonus for gamers hip enough to reserve a copy of The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay at select retailers. What will those in the pre-know get? A bonus DVD stuffed with Rid**** goodies, that's what. And here's what's on it:

The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape From Butcher Bay interactive Mini Hint Guide

A complete, interactive walk-through of one of the game's compelling levels

The trailer for The Chronicles of Rid****(tm) film

Combo trailer with sneak peaks of movies, games, and new anime DVD Dark Fury

A Butcher Bay fly-through, revealing the game's intricately rendered prison world

Background of the anti-hero Richard B. Rid****

An introduction to the game's innovative "Normal Mapping" graphic technology

A listing of websites that tie into the Rid**** universe and franchise

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/518/518238p1.html

Sounds good to me, at least they give you somthing. You would think they would list were you could get it but they didn't :confused: Does anyone know the select retailers, or were to get it for anyone who wants this?

diranged
05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
i pre ordered it at gamestop and they gave me the the dvd. its really informative with the normal maping. and the walk through was coo too.

Brevity
05-24-2004, 04:06 PM
The only thing holding me back from getting this (what looks to be awsome game) is that many mags and sites have said that its really really short. And if you follow my posts much youll know thats like a pet peeve of mine.

JADE8704
05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
diranged, is it worth putting money down for pre-order? i might consider it, but then again, im strapped for cash

Unreal
05-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I am still a little iffy about pre-ordering it, even with those extra's :( I will have to think about it. I am going to pre-order Halo 2 LE today though. I dont want to miss out on the steel case the game comes in :D

CRAYMAN
05-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm just going to buy it when it hits the stores. I mean, it's only a week away.
I have read that it's a little short, but I'd rather it be a little short than a chore to play.
If it's not good I won't even come close to finishing it, before I trade it, ala Unreal 2 and Brute Force.

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 04:40 PM
OK,OK. I preordered it and got the silly bonus DVD thing...