PDA

View Full Version : July EGM

BananaMan
05-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Driv3r:
¤Comes with a film director mode that lets you take an instant replay of your last few minutes of driving and turn it into a miniature movie production, with multiple cameras and optional slow-mo or motion blur.
¤You being the game in the real Miami. If you feel like visiting South Beach or cruising down the mircale Mile, then go ahead.
¤Madsen does the voice for Tanner, an undercover FBI agent assigned to the miami police department in order to investigate a suspect car smuggling ring.
¤Tanner can swim
¤Rated teen, Although you can gun down pedestrians and go on horrific hit and run sprees, you never see a drop of blood.
¤Features places:
¤Miami:
Landmarks: The orange bowl, little havana, neon covered ocean front streets, minimalls
Watch out for: The go cart track behind the Biltmore and nto on the map, the swimming pool and cigarette boat behind your apartment.

¤Nice:
Landmarks: Promenade des anglais, Place Garibaldi, a lot of sidewalk cafes with tables just begging to be knocked over.
Watch out for: A seaside cave with a hidden suprise

¤Istanbul:
Landmarks: Topkapi palace, the church of St. Irene, the least hygienic streets in all of europe.
Watch out for: Discouraged orphans in the city's endless narrow alleyways.

Verdicts:

Van Helsing: 7.0,6.5,6.0
Future Tactics: Uprising: 4.0,4.5,6.0
Shrek 2*cough*:7.5,6.0,5.0
Red Dead Revolver: 6.0,4.5,4.0
The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher bay: 9.0,8.0,9.0 *SILVER*
Rallisport Challenge 2: Straight 9's *GOLD*
Metal Slug 3, 7.5,6.5,8.0

The hot ten:
1.Halo 2 (XB)
2.Final Fantasy XII(Ps2)
3.Metal Gear Solid 3(Ps2)
4.Resident Evil 4(GC)
5.Doom 3(XB)
6.Geist(GC)
7.Kingdom Hearts 2(Ps2)
8.Knights of the old republic 2(XB)
9.Star Fox 2(GC)
10.Fable(XB)

-Lil' Previews-
¤Heroes of the pacific(XB,Ps2,December 2004,Encore):Explosive aerial warfare goes online in this ambitious re-creation of WW2's biggest pacific theatre skirmishes. The game supports an astonishing 300 planes on screen at once, but the number of actual online human players will probably max out at around 12.
¤Operation Flashpoint(XB,Fall 2004,Codemasters):You want authenticity? The xbox exclusive Operation Flashpoint is so real and tactical, it's engine is actually used by developer Bohemia to create training simulations for the U.S. Military. Xbox Live play lets you man tanks and pilot choppers in full scale modern warfare.

Top 10 Selling games: Ninja Gaiden(XB),Pokemon Colosseum(GC),MVP Baseball 2004(Ps2),Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow(XB),MVP Baseball 2004(XB),James Bond 007:EON(Ps2),Metal Gear Solid:TTS(GC),Final Fantasy XI Online(PS2),Resident Evil Outbreak(Ps2),MX Unleashed(ps2).

Xbox is getting a whole lot livelier:In the coming months you will be able to send game invites to friends who are signed on to MSN Messenger. Also, Microsoft's PC Chat Program will soon have a specially marked xbox tab so you can check the online status of your xbox live pals. (Pretty sweet picture of it, don't have a scanner though)

¤Halo 2

¤Gaze in the military: Master Chief character models, and enemy elite aliens, availble in some levels crane their heads in the direction their players are looking, It's a nifty effect with a strategic twist: You know when you're being watched.
¤Facts Of LIVE: We figure Halo-heads who lamenated the lack of online multiplayer in the first game have alot of pent-up agression, so they'll be hitting the sequel's 16 player online battle royales post haste when halo 2 hits Xbox this November. Lucky you: The game uses LIVE's new lag-reducing tricks, such as finding opponents closest to your hometown and who share the same broadband provider.
¤Move over, master chief: Since saving earth is a big job for just one gentically enchanced cyborg, chief at times will lead a band of orbital drop shock troopers, elite "helljumpers" who essentially parachute into battle from orbit
¤ Shadow Ops: And you thought the first game's enemies were brainy. Halo 2's covenant aliens will seek cover in shadows, making master chief's flashlight crucial this time. But don't get too close: Larger aliens like the elites and new brutes are more agressive and extra keen on alien-a-mano melee attacks.

My fingers hurt, lol. :cheers:

JADE8704
05-24-2004, 05:27 PM
¤Gaze in the military: Master Chief character models, and enemy elite aliens, availble in some levels crane their heads in the direction their players are looking, It's a nifty effect with a strategic twist: You know when you're being watched.

Thanks for the post Banana...does this mean peeking will make it to the final game?

BananaMan
05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
No Idea, I just put what was in the mag.

nhslax212
05-24-2004, 07:12 PM
lol i just got te mag and ur summary is great lol...i might cancel my order...cuz ur summary was so good lol

Variation-XBA
05-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Anyone know if Driv3r will have Survival mode like in part 1?

Wolf
05-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I will probably feel stupid after you answer this, but why the cough at Shrek 2?

BananaMan
05-24-2004, 09:04 PM
I will probably feel stupid after you answer this, but why the cough at Shrek 2?

Who would want to play a shrek game? :p

Wolf
05-24-2004, 09:08 PM
haha, I know... :p

I thought the movie was good though... :D

l Maximus l
05-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Well...I won't need that mag :D Thanks for the info...Good Halo 2 stuff!!

BananaMan
05-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Yup, no problem. Halo 2 is going to be the ish.

Shadow20002
05-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Fable.....last one in the top ten....hmmmm

Wolf
05-25-2004, 01:24 PM
mine came today:)

hmmm I might have to get rallisport challenge 2...

BananaMan
05-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Everyone can unsubscribe their EGMs now, i'm going to start Banana's Notes. :)

bostwick202
05-25-2004, 05:59 PM
thanks man, i also have egm but im probably gonna keep it just because i like it so much. i really like the solution to screen-looking in the mail section what a super idea! if u have a scanner definetly put that in!