PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT platformer!!!!!!!

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Is there a good platformer scheduled for Xbox, like Jak & Daxter?

Or do we already have one that I'm missing???

RichVGS
05-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Not sure about anything coming up, but Metal Arms is pretty darn cool. I like Ratchet and Clank series, and Metal Arms is just as good, in my opinion.

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but Metal Arms is not really a platformer.
It's more like a FPS from behind the back view ala Ghost Recon 2.

BlindSniper
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, there is crash bandicoot: the wrath of cortex.....it's pretty lame, I almost beat it though. Well, the closest thing I liked was oddworld: munches oddysey. That game actually was pretty funny!

Koopa
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
kameo looks very nice. and its from the master of platformers, rare.

sped
05-26-2004, 05:20 PM
Jak and Daxter is a platform game?

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Jak and Daxter is a platform game?
Of course.

Yeah,
I liked Munch's...as well. Didn't quite finish it. It got kind of monotonous towards the end.
That's right, Crash 2 is coming out. I hope it's better than the first.
Kameo is going to be a platformer?? When is it due??

CRAYMAN
05-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Checked into Kameo, due out 2005.

But I forgot all about Malice!!! It's due to ship 6-1-2004!!

Hmmm, Malice or Riddik??

ShannonX
05-26-2004, 08:04 PM
i really enojoyed voodoo vince, not much replay value, but a very fun game, you should give it a rent if you can find it, or buy it if its not to expensive.

xbox is so COOL
05-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Ya that's what i was about to say, Voodoo Vince.

Duke
05-26-2004, 08:31 PM
BG&E was a pantsload of fun

l Maximus l
05-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Voodoo Vince is one of the more entertaining platformers I've played in years...and this comes from a non-platformer fan :)

X-Fan
05-27-2004, 01:57 AM
how about beyond good and evil u ppl?that game is a beauty.i mean its gonna be the first platformer in a LONG time that i am going to beat.the last one i did was on sega genesis called mickey and donald:world of illusions.

ash
05-27-2004, 06:22 AM
the new pitfall was very fun to play, but a bit short.

SoundX
05-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Prince of Persia Sands of Time is amazing. That's a platformer right?

Hell, I don't care if it's not, Buy it! :D

Duke
05-27-2004, 10:26 AM
how about beyond good and evil u ppl?that game is a beauty.i mean its gonna be the first platformer in a LONG time that i am going to beat.the last one i did was on sega genesis called mickey and donald:world of illusions.

Yep, game is great. First platformer I've really enjoyed in years. Unfotunately I enjoyed it so much that I went through it all in about 2 or 3 days.

Sheeyt
05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
BG&E was probably the most under rated game of last year. Currently available is.

Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Odd World: Munchs Oddysee
Voodoo Vince
Beyond Good & Evil
Crash Bandicot: Wrath of Cortex

Coming Out:
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Kameo: Elements of Power
Blinx 2
Crash Bandicot: Twinsanity

Those are all I can think of right now.

Spaztic
05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Voodoo Vince was alright. Not much of a platformer fan.

CRAYMAN
05-27-2004, 11:31 AM
BG&E is a platformer?

I had Voodoo Vince already, a little easy but a good game.
I don't think Conker is really a platformer, is it?
I have just picked up PoP, for the second time.

I think I'm gonna pick up Malice in a week.

BG&E is a platformer?

thrAsher
05-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Cray: BG&E is a LOT of things, and it does have a healthy amount of 'platformer' action. But regardless, if you haven't played this game, pick it UP! It's fantastic, and one of my all-time favorites. I plan on playing it again just to get every last item and see every bit of the world. Honestly, Cray, you won't be sorry.

And there is always Sonic Heroes, which I've heard nothing extroardinarily awful about, but haven't heard a lot of super positive reviews, either.

CRAYMAN
05-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Cray: BG&E is a LOT of things, and it does have a healthy amount of 'platformer' action. But regardless, if you haven't played this game, pick it UP! It's fantastic, and one of my all-time favorites. I plan on playing it again just to get every last item and see every bit of the world. Honestly, Cray, you won't be sorry.

And there is always Sonic Heroes, which I've heard nothing extroardinarily awful about, but haven't heard a lot of super positive reviews, either.

I might pick that up(bg&e).

I'd better hurry because there are a lot of new games coming and it will certainly get lost in the shuffle. :hump:

Chewy
05-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Dr. Muto....

I know this is an old one, and there are some people who seriously HATE it, but I really liked this game. And you should be able to find it way cheap in a bargin bin somewhere. Other than that, I did like Voodoo Vince, but there were a couple parts in that game that were amazingly frusterateing. But that is just my 2 cents....

rolling stone
05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
i've never heard of beyond good & evil but i looked it up and it looks pretty cool and got good reviews, so thanks for pointing ths one out guys. i have some credits at gamestop and if i was going to get either voodoo vince or beyond good & evil which one would you fellas recommend?? leaning towards beyond good & evil right now.

X-Fan
05-28-2004, 02:14 PM
i've never heard of beyond good & evil but i looked it up and it looks pretty cool and got good reviews, so thanks for pointing ths one out guys. i have some credits at gamestop and if i was going to get either voodoo vince or beyond good & evil which one would you fellas recommend?? leaning towards beyond good & evil right now.
GO AND BUY BG&E MAN!!!HILLY NEEDS YOU!!!!

OuFtb
05-28-2004, 02:31 PM
How about Whiplash, you know the one were your a weasel with a rabbit tied to you and you have to use the rabbit to destroy everything, I saw a review for it and it looked pretty funny, is the game worth getting?

DemonLoki
05-29-2004, 04:22 AM
I don't think Conker is really a platformer, is it?...

The single player kinda is adventure/platform

Psyconaughts look like it will be sweet.

rolling stone
05-29-2004, 11:14 AM
GO AND BUY BG&E MAN!!!HILLY NEEDS YOU!!!!

:D yes sir!

CrispyBacon
06-03-2004, 07:30 AM

I just purchased BG&E last weekend and beat it in 3 days. The length is the ONLY complaint I have about the game, and I still think it's worth every penny I paid for it ($20) since I'll most likely go through it again. It has a great combination of puzzles, stealth, racing, and fighting action... all wrapped up in a well written, emotional story taking placed in a unique world with interesting characters and great voice acting. BG&E has very few flaws, imo.

I rented Voodoo Vince and was able to beat it in a weekend (just barely, and I played it A LOT). I found it to be highly enjoyable as well. Vince was a fun character to play as, especially with his diminutive stature. It's definately longer than BG&E, but it more of a straight up platformer with not as much variety, but it was a great change-of-pace game for me since I'm normally into action games. I'll probably pick it up if I see it for ultra-cheap ($5-$10).

If I had to choose between the two though, I'd go with BG&E. It will have a more lasting affect on you and is a deeper experience in general.

rolling stone
06-04-2004, 12:09 PM
i bought bg&e last week for $20, like you said. i've been busy with work and friends so i haven't been playing it that much but it is very entertaining. playing it sparingly as i have i think it will make the game last longer. for as short as everyone's been saying it is, i would have been upset to pay more than $20 for it, though. i'm very happy with this purchase. :)

crispy bacon, have you beaten that one guy in that air-hockey type game? i find that game insanely hard and frustrating..i'll have to give up my hopes of getting that pearl i think.

CrispyBacon
06-07-2004, 07:07 AM
crispy bacon, have you beaten that one guy in that air-hockey type game? i find that game insanely hard and frustrating..i'll have to give up my hopes of getting that pearl i think.

The key to beating that guy, for me, was in the VERY first disc you slide. Angle that at about 11:00 and you should be able to get it atleast stopped in the passageway to the other side of the table (I'll just call that the "bridge"). This is important because it'll stop any discs he throws from coming over to your side. Keep practicing until you mastered that first disc. After that, the next two disc have good angles to the opening, so throwing those in succession and that should knock anything in the bridge over to his side. After that is the final disc on the right... absolutely NO angle to the opening, so don't even try on the first throw. Instead, throw it to the left to give yourself a good angle, and then throw it through the opening. He may get some of his back into the bridge area, but by now, if you threw everything accurately, you either won, or the bridge is clogged up with your disc. Just throw them to his side and you got him.

Practice for a few times first... the key is that first disc since the angle is a little tricky. Get that one and the next two are easy. Remember to pass the 4th one to an easier angle and then shoot it through.

**SPOILER**

After you beat him, he comes back later in the game a lot tougher, but this method will still beat him. Again, it's all about getting that first disc through.

**END SPOILER***

Highlite23
06-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Personally, I enjoyed Vexx, Voodoo Vince and Metal Arms. Giving Malice a whirl as we speek.

CRAYMAN
06-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Personally, I enjoyed Vexx, Voodoo Vince and Metal Arms. Giving Malice a whirl as we speek.

I had high hopes for Malice, but it's getting killed in the reviews.

Let me know what YOU think.