PDA

View Full Version : Is there an official XBL database?

l Maximus l
05-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Just curious...I'm looking to register my new Gamertag soon...but, I'd like to see what is available and what is not available. So, is there an offical XBL database that has every single Gamertag listed?

BananaMan
05-27-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm not really sure, the only place I really know of is www.gamertagdatabase.com But it definently doesn't have all of the tags, but it has a lot.

l Maximus l
05-27-2004, 01:33 AM
Nice...that helps...I did a search on a certain gamertag that I'm going to go for and it didn't come up as taken... So, hopefully it's available!

There probably isn't anything 100% official available, but, that's probably the closest you can get! Thanks!

Casper
05-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Best thing you could do is have someone try and add it to their friend's list - that site doesn't get everyone, but I'd assume about 60% at the least.

borka105
05-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Finally, MAXIMUS has come back to XBOX LIVE!

great news, man.

-borka105

silvertrace
05-27-2004, 08:33 AM
maxy, im sure ImTehGey69 is free......no need in looking....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JADE8704
05-27-2004, 05:02 PM
I had to get rid of my MasterChief one...makes me sad since I got it during the first wave beta :(

yall
05-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Nice...that helps...I did a search on a certain gamertag that I'm going to go for and it didn't come up as taken... So, hopefully it's available!

There probably isn't anything 100% official available, but, that's probably the closest you can get! Thanks!

Holy Sh*t Max!

I had no clue that you weren't on Xbox Live yet. I figured you of all people would have had an account by now.

BananaMan
05-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Holy Sh*t Max!

I had no clue that you weren't on Xbox Live yet. I figured you of all people would have had an account by now.

He cancelled his account

LOL at silvertrace

And if ya want me to maximus i'll check to see if it's taken for ya. :hump:

Slowride
05-27-2004, 11:31 PM
how about mansypansyatpoopdotcom

BananaMan
05-28-2004, 02:14 AM
I think a cool GT would be: Bob wehadababyitsaboy

Slowride
05-28-2004, 02:16 AM
I think a cool GT would be: Bob wehadababyitsaboy

I get it, from that collect call commercial right? Very clever.

Jet
05-30-2004, 11:05 AM
I never got around to tackin myself to the database either. But I saw this topic, and figured what the hell. Not a bad site, the database actually has some other stuff up there of interest.

CrazyCougar
05-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey Max, you can check out www.gamertagpics.com as well. I know alot of folks that frequent that site as well.

BunnyRabbit
05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Wait.. If your service ended and you had to wait a week to re-enact could someone steal your name before you re-registered it?

CrazyCougar
05-30-2004, 12:22 PM
I've heard many different stories about this, but the most consistent one seems to be your Gamertag goes into lockdown, so to speak. Even if you try to nab it a week later you wont be able to. I guess its possible to reregister the tag if you call xbox support. But not sure. Thats only what I have heard though. Never had to try it.

BunnyRabbit
05-30-2004, 12:27 PM
I've heard many different stories about this, but the most consistent one seems to be your Gamertag goes into lockdown, so to speak. Even if you try to nab it a week later you wont be able to. I guess its possible to reregister the tag if you call xbox support. But not sure. Thats only what I have heard though. Never had to try it.

Oh because at the end of June I will have to make my gamertag again..But I want to keep it the same..
I hope I can just continue.. I can just like go on to my account info and set the CC to pay for another year eh?

CrazyCougar
05-30-2004, 12:32 PM
As long as you do not let the subscription run out , you shouldnt have a problem....It's automatically done for you if all the information is the same. You'll get an email from MS stating they renewed your subscription for another year.

l Maximus l
05-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Banana...thanks for checking for me! I'm still debating on those names, though...I gotta represent!