PDA

View Full Version : A tad worried about DRIV3R

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 01:17 PM
well if anyone is anyone you've prolly been checking the site for updates every thursday since about feburary cause i know i have now todays updates are 5 xbox screenshots and Gameplay footage now heres where im kinda worried......i know the window the movies plays in is abit small but i dunno the footage wasnt looking amazingly amazing like i expected it too the cars looked kind of all over the place when driving and the damage modeling i dunno i hope it gets better then what i saw i mean the game comes out in less then a month i just hope its better then what i saw also the gunplay didnt look amazing either. Someone please reassure me :( i need the counsolment cause i love the DRIVER series

Sheeyt
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
haha I was totally unaware that the game was that close to release already.

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 01:35 PM
:watchout: it comes out on i think its the 21st of june

Jet
05-27-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't have a problem with any of the latest footage I've seen, the only thing that has me worried about this game is its length. As far as I know there are only three or four different cities in-game. Now each city is massive sure, but in this months EGM they let out that there are only about 20 or so missions -all cities combined. Considering that each mission can't average over ten minutes or so, thats one hell of a short game.

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Thats rough i remember how Driver 1 and especially 2 were pretty lengthy which was great but ya i hope it isnt short either i mean i really want this game to be kick ass and get like 9 outta 10 reviews but who knows

RockTheCasba
05-27-2004, 05:10 PM
everyone is always so obsessed with graphics. it will be a good game dont worry about it. graphics will be fine. everything will be fine. U gotta keep ur composure i dont want you freaking out, out there

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks man i needed the leg up :cheers: :hump:

diranged
05-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Im sorry to say this wheelman but i played it at E3 and i was very disapointed. the controls were horrible and the whole pace of it was boring and slow. and the graphics werent good either. i dont know how complete the demo was but im hopeing it was a really old demo.

BananaMan
05-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Plus, even if you go on a rampage, shooting, hitting people, and all that jazz there's zero blood. Got that from EGM.

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 07:40 PM
AHHHHH!!! why are you all doing this to me :cuss:

Variation-XBA
05-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if there is Survival mode, from part 1? I cant find confirmation of it anywhere :(

sped
05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I thought 2 sucked, I expect the same out of 3. Whats the game's selling point? Isn't it just another True Crime or GTA?

Jet
05-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah I forgot all about the no blood thing. They go outta their way to make it a "realistic" game with great voice work and smooth story telling, then I'm suppose to be happy firing a shotgun at a guy's chest and seeing nothing but air?

diranged
05-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah I forgot all about the no blood thing. They go outta their way to make it a "realistic" game with great voice work and smooth story telling, then I'm suppose to be happy firing a shotgun at a guy's chest and seeing nothing but air?

_:cheers:_

TheWheelMan
05-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I am not listening lalalalalalalala!!! maybe there will be some sort of cheat for blood yea thats it :D whatever im ganna buy it and be happy

sped
05-28-2004, 01:15 AM
I am not listening lalalalalalalala!!! maybe there will be some sort of cheat for blood yea thats it :D whatever im ganna buy it and be happy
or really really disappointed....I'd bet on the latter. Anyone up for that bet? :P

Variation-XBA
05-28-2004, 03:03 AM
Isn't it just another True Crime or GTA?

You do know that D2 did it before GTA right? :P

bostwick202
05-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Yeah, EGM thought that it was still a little wonky.

JuniorBrady
05-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Wheelman, you're gonna be fine. I think the gameplay footage you're talking about may have just been a bad batch. Everything else I've seen looks amazing. Don't let this one day's worth of stuff detract from all of the good stuff that has come out.

Brutus
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Wheelman, you're gonna be fine. I think the gameplay footage you're talking about may have just been a bad batch. Everything else I've seen looks amazing. Don't let this one day's worth of stuff detract from all of the good stuff that has come out.
& Just like all other big budget Games nowa' days: If anything, they'll delay it for as long as it needs to be.
I mean, High Dollar actor's & Actress's, A big name game, Big Budget.
Whenever you have a big budget the most it's going to suck is like as bad as Enter the Matrix.
Matrix might not have sucked if they didn't decide to release the same time as the movie!
With this one, I say let them take as much time as they need!
No Blood! You've gotta' be kidding me! Great. Well, that just would totally ruin it...

TheWheelMan
05-28-2004, 10:11 AM
well if this one dosent come through the next game on my line up is psi-ops: the mindgate conspiracy ;)

Brutus
05-28-2004, 10:27 AM
well if this one dosent come through the next game on my line up is psi-ops: the mindgate conspiracy ;)
WHAT!!!??!?
It looks cool, but put me down for Rid****, then Fable, then HALO 2 & Doom 3!

TheWheelMan
05-28-2004, 10:32 AM
ya i am also awaiting Fable and halo2 but psi-ops looks great and it also comes out in june i believe

lllSmokelll
05-28-2004, 11:24 AM
EGM did a hands on feature on it this month. the only real thing negative i read was that version they had, the game was pretty short, they hope the final version is longer

the damage affects are very realistic, u can shater a car untill its just a bunch of auto parts. everything in the game looks differnt, theres no 2 streets that look alike.

JuniorBrady
06-01-2004, 08:07 AM
The stuff about none of the streets looking alike at all sounds pretty cool. The cities, for what I've heard sound to be pretty intense and well done.

SoundX
06-02-2004, 07:05 AM
When is this game out? Game are half term deal -

4 Games Swap and 99p for any game priced £39.99!

Yeah ok, it is Game, but it's a pritty good deal. Hopefuly driver 3 is out this week or I'm screwed. :(

Hard Boiled Cop
06-02-2004, 09:42 AM
My high hopes on this game have all been shattered by you guys especially Diranged. I was really looking forward to this game. Now I guess I have to keep my money and spend it on something else.

JuniorBrady
06-02-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the game is coming out on either June 21st or 22nd. How can you let these guys change your mind? They probably weren't that excited to begin with. I don't care what they say. I'm definitely still gonna get it.

TheWheelMan
06-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Im with you Juniorbrady im still ganna get it no matter what.......well there is one problem lol i have no cash! so i might not have it right when it comes out :yikes:

Brutus
06-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Im with you Juniorbrady im still ganna get it no matter what.......well there is one problem lol i have no cash! so i might not have it right when it comes out :yikes:
Yeah, I'm with you guys. They aren't going to put this much time and money into it to suck. Since this is our type of game they'd have to really F things up for us to not like it!

TheWheelMan
06-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Brutus i couldnt have said it better myself :cheers:

TheWheelMan
06-02-2004, 02:21 PM
besides they have a look alike of the gt 500 you could prolly play out somewhat of a gone in 60 seconds esque chase scene thing :cool: god i love that movie :)

JuniorBrady
06-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Is the GT 500 the one at the end of the movie? What does Cage call her? I think all the cars look pretty sweet, but the video I saw of Tanner in the go kart looks awesome. I can't wait to give that a shot.

Brutus
06-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Anyone playing this yet or did it get postponed?!
I've been so busy. My girlfriend needs attention, and I'm in the middle of a move. Moving sucks.

TheWheelMan
06-07-2004, 10:25 AM
Junior brady memphis raines (Nicholas cage) calls the car "Eleanor".........and what movie with go karts???

JuniorBrady
06-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Eleanor...good call. There is a video that I saw a while back on AOL that had Tanner riding around in a go kart which looked really cool. I will try and find a link for it, but it was a while back that I saw it. I will look though.