PDA

View Full Version : Super Duper Poll inside!!!

KevinM
07-24-2001, 07:08 PM
Ok.. we really need everyones input on this one. We need to know how the site performance is for you guys. This includes all pages mainly the front page and the msg board. We are currently looking for a new host somewhere because for us it's pretty darn slow :( We just want to know how it is for the rest of you. Also if you could reply with your location and connection speed would be a great help as well.

dances with broom sticks
07-24-2001, 07:18 PM
nova scotia, canada
dsl
it is pretty slow, not so much the whole site but definetly the msg board

Xbox Master
07-24-2001, 09:37 PM
Both the site and asylum load very slow and I'm on Cable.

CodeScribe
07-24-2001, 10:28 PM
I'm on DSL and it takes about 8-9 seconds to dl.

For comparison:
TeamXbox (being graphic heavy) loads in 11-12
IGN Xbox (a few graphics) loads in 4-5

So I'd say it's decent (right in the middle... about th mid point in amout of graphics too). People on 56k might find it a tad slow.

Door69
07-25-2001, 02:43 AM
it loads pretty nicely for me worth the wait eveen if it does take a while

Brady
07-25-2001, 02:50 AM
Kevin, I dont know if you will listen to me, but if you are looking for a new host, I highly reccomend Ventures Online (http://www.venturesonline.com) ......... Im hosted with them..... If you have a shared account the servers dont have too many people on them and they are 1ghz with good ammount of ram..... or you could go for dedicated, and they have good prices.

vBulletin boards work good with them too.... they are good supporters of vB boards... My gaming message board gets slightly more traffic than this board (im not sure when this board started though) and it runs nice and fast. (Im on a shared hosting plan)

If you find someone better, tell me..... Ill keep them in mind for future reference.

thedrisc
07-25-2001, 12:27 PM
since the asylum was changed it has been running rather slow but the last two days it has been flying for me.

ohhh i am on cable

xboxlover
07-25-2001, 12:44 PM
The speed is decent enough I am from N.Ireland and have a 56k

Dr_J
07-26-2001, 07:03 PM
I've voiced my opinion about this before. This site is awesome. It's just too damn slooooooow. If you upgrade servers and make it lightning speed, I'd come here every 1/2 hour to submit things. I just get aggrevated because it takes too long.

I'm on 56K at the moment. Some days it's slow, other days it's REALLY slow.

What are your reasons for not upgrading? Not enough dough? Need us to click on some ads? What can we do to help?