PDA

View Full Version : xbox next or ps3?

Driver
05-26-2004, 02:41 PM
i think x-box2 is gonna be better than PS3 but the question is what do you think. :rofl:
http://www.xboxgazette.com/i/xbox2_controller.jpgor?http://www.cheatextreme.com/ps3.jpg

Beans Banis
05-26-2004, 03:57 PM
**** Playstation.

sped
05-26-2004, 03:58 PM
You might wanna post some system specs so that we can all make informed opinions. ;)

TheWheelMan
05-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Definatly XBOX2......anyone who says PS3 on this forum should be beaten to a pulp :cheers:

BananaMan
05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Definatly XBOX2......anyone who says PS3 on this forum should be beaten to a pulp :cheers:

Ps3 :D ....Nah Xbox 2 :hump:

Slowride
05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I think this thread is awesome.

Best. Thread. Ever.

RockTheCasba
05-26-2004, 04:48 PM
it will be xbox 2

RichVGS
05-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Let's see...which do I like better? Fake Xbox 2 controller or fake PS3 console? :huh: I'm gonna say neither and wait until I see some real pics. Don't worry, I'd go with Xbox 2 any day of the week.

BlindSniper
05-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Let's see...which do I like better? Fake Xbox 2 controller or fake PS3 console? :huh: I'm gonna say neither and wait until I see some real pics. Don't worry, I'd go with Xbox 2 any day of the week.

Amen to that. Man, if those were real, I'd be very dissapointed, I don't like that controller! The ps3 looks pretty ugly in that picture. XBOX2 without a doubt will be the far superior console. Whatever one comes out first though will outsell sadly. But I think microsoft should take it's sweet little time and make xbox 2 the only console out there worthy of playing!

kenji
05-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Xbox 2. I'm usually just go with the next system that the company makes, except in the case of Gamecube because that just looked terrible compared to Xbox.

Trento52
05-26-2004, 07:26 PM
i am not quite sure but i might wait awhile for price cuts adn see both consoles adn games but xbox 2 has the upper hand for I am over saticfied with xboxand so glad i didn't get a ps2. So i can take a really good bet i will get xbox 2 and i hate sony controllers and if i get high speed xbox live is tough to beat.

AlphaRaptor
05-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Xbox 2, I hate and can't stand PS2 controlers. Not to mention the crappy games...

TOTTEN
05-26-2004, 10:58 PM
i think x-box2 is gonna be better than PS3 but the question is what do you think. :rofl:
http://www.xboxgazette.com/i/xbox2_controller.jpgor?http://www.cheatextreme.com/ps3.jpg
i dont want ot burst your buble but both of those arent the next gen systems that controller has been annouced as a third party controller(i think) and that "ps3" is fake and there is a site you got to find that tells you its a old nintendo that its casing had been tampered with
oh yeah
X-BOX 2 its gonna be cheaper that the ps3 and it will release earlier

skorp
05-26-2004, 11:29 PM

:rofl: That so-called PS3 is a modded 1st generation Japanese Nintendo like I used to own long long time ago... Instead of a cartridge port on the top they just added a ROM on the front... :hump: That is hilarious!!!

[Edit]Found it... Here it is...

http://www.digidome.nl/images/Famicom_1.jpg

Anyone remember this oldie?
Nintendo Famicom info (http://www.digidome.nl/nintendo.htm)

l Maximus l
05-27-2004, 01:15 AM
As long as Bungie is owned by Microsoft, I will stay with the XBox successor.

SoundX
05-27-2004, 10:21 AM
You can't just forget the N5. I have a feeling that will give both consoles a run for their money. Nintendo seem like their back in gear.

But anyway, Xbox 2 all the way for me, although knowing me I'll probably end up with a PS3 too. ;)

Variation-XBA
05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Both, I play the GAMES, not the systems

kranumsthecat
05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Will someone other than a lame ass sony faneboy lay down the law of who is gonna kick ass in the console wars

Chaotic
05-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Will someone other than a lame ass sony faneboy lay down the law of who is gonna kick ass in the console wars

Moving to Xbox Discussion!

Justus
05-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, you're posting in a pro-Xbox community, albiet in the wrong forum; what kind of response do you think you're going to get? :rolleyes:

lax_defense
05-27-2004, 07:58 PM
You're in an xbox forum asking whether the next xbox will be better than ps3?

I think you're going to get a close-to-unanimous response.

kranumsthecat
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
I want to know stats???

Chaotic
05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
There isn't much out on stats of the next gen consoles... There are tons of rumors but that's it at this time...

Variation-XBA
05-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Does it matter? play what games are fun

sped
05-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Why not play both? No one likes fanboys, of ANY kind.

Brutus
05-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Has everyone Forgot about XSN already?! Xbox all the way! All about the games! Windows programming all the way!
XSN is just Bill Gates pushing the envelope!

mikest
05-28-2004, 02:54 PM
I'll prolly get both and it will be interesting to see how Microsoft does with a lead in the console war. If they do infact release the Xbox next, next year. I think in the end sony will win again just because so many people already know the playstation name but I think it will be a much closer race.

Slowride
05-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Why does it matter to you who will win at this point? Just enjoy your current box!

lotec16
05-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Well, right now Sony is going with the "Cell design" which is so over-hyped its ridiculous. They are saying 1 teraflop will come from it(worlds fastest supercomputer actually runs at about 28teraflop). Right now I think I head that the 6800 ultra from nvidia is pulling about 320 Gigaflops. But the thing is, you can't compare it to anything because it is so proprietary, no one knows what it really is or what it will do. Plus xbox 2 isn't anything solid yet, Microsoft hasn't said whats in it, but from the 3, 3.5ghz schematic drawing of it, its going to be as fast as hell. Really. Add in a R600 and 256MB - 512MB of ram and that is pretty much xbox 2. Sony is now saying ps3 will be a supercomputer in a console..... DIDN"T WE HEAR THAT FOR PS2?

On a programming side, Microsoft is making XNA which looks really good at this point in time( www.microsoft.com/xna ). This is going to help programmers utilize the hardware for xbox 2. If you notice that ps2 games are starting to get better graphics (still not great) its because they are finally figuring out how to program for it, because the hardware is so proprietary and weird, which makes it hard to utilize. Now this is going to be the down fall of the cell design, its going to be one mother f***er when it comes to programming, because it Will have a lot of small processors that suck you have to get it JUST right to really get some power from it. Since developers can't take 5 years a game, the ps3 isn't going to be fully utilized so the games aren't going to be what the hardware can do.

Right now it is like saying, is the red car faster then that blue car? because no one knows what is in them. Once we get official specs on the hardware from xbox 2 we will know how well that will do, but because no one knows the power of the cell, Sony could lie and add a few gigaflops or w/e just for PR.

EDIT:

O yea, the computer running the XNA demo is (quote from microsoft guy)"running on hardware that isn't out yet" So i am thinking expect that or better graphics for X2, and the crash part is really cpu intensive so X2 will really benifit from the 3 cpus.

lllusion
05-28-2004, 03:28 PM
which ever is cheapest, will win!

l Maximus l
05-28-2004, 04:10 PM
You can't just forget the N5. I have a feeling that will give both consoles a run for their money. Nintendo seem like their back in gear.

But anyway, Xbox 2 all the way for me, although knowing me I'll probably end up with a PS3 too. ;)

No offense, man...but, you must be 10 years old or something, right? Because, cartoon platformers like Mario didn't change too much from the N64 to the Gamecube. What makes the N5 that much better?

And besides, I'm starting to get old....I can't wait a year and a half for a decent Nintendo game to come out. Seriously, what is the most recent great Nintendo game that was unveiled? Pokemon? Sure, great for the kiddies, not for me.

I need blood, I need violence, I need Halo 2 :D

BoundBruiser
05-28-2004, 04:49 PM
This will narrow it down...

Who ever sells theirs for the least amount of money for what you buy, and who ever has the best games. Well, we know that Microsoft will have the games but nobody really knows about anything else yet. Until well do know we'll just have to play what is best now.

SPARTAN VI
05-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Merged threads.

Variation-XBA
05-29-2004, 02:33 AM
No offense, man...but, you must be 10 years old or something, right? Because, cartoon platformers like Mario didn't change too much from the N64 to the Gamecube. What makes the N5 that much better?

And besides, I'm starting to get old....I can't wait a year and a half for a decent Nintendo game to come out. Seriously, what is the most recent great Nintendo game that was unveiled? Pokemon? Sure, great for the kiddies, not for me.

I need blood, I need violence, I need Halo 2 :D

Because you play Mario/Zelda games etc makes you 10 years old?

You can't wait a year and a half for N games to come out, but how long you been waiting for Halo2, Fable, etc etc? Good games take time.. Might not be your kind of games, but doesn't mean they suck

l Maximus l
05-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Because you play Mario/Zelda games etc makes you 10 years old?

You can't wait a year and a half for N games to come out, but how long you been waiting for Halo2, Fable, etc etc? Good games take time.. Might not be your kind of games, but doesn't mean they suck

My point is that Nintendo takes a long time for a hit game to come out...while XBox has several hit games that come out. I'm not referring to a single game taking time to produce...that wasn't my point...and I agree with you completely. I'm referring to Nintendo only coming out with one big title between a long period of time. By contrast, XBox has a lot of big titles coming out seemingly every couple of weeks.

I hope that clears things up.

BoundBruiser
05-30-2004, 03:47 PM

Nintendo is out of it. Nintendo probably thinks their going to be back to the top by adding another character to their Mario Party series.

Koopa
05-30-2004, 04:00 PM
As long as Bungie is owned by Microsoft, I will stay with the XBox successor.

that was my same logic last generation, except replace MS with Nintendo and Bungie with Rare :D

I need blood, I need violence, I need Halo 2

that's a tired, old argument. i don't even need to comment on the kiddy thing.
but the comment on taking a long time for games to come out is hypocritical at best. how long has halo 2 been in development? besides, i think nintendo is pumping out good games at a relatively nice pace. they can't afford to buy out 20 dev companies and merge them into first party studios, but by themselves they manage to make a decent number of good games.

Nintendo is out of it. Nintendo probably thinks their going to be back to the top by adding another character to their Mario Party series.
they're milking mario party, which i never liked...but look at their E3 lineup, which was pretty killer. DS, no matter what your opinion in the ds v psp thing, is intriguing at the least. the new zelda is amazing, no denying that. metroid prime 2 looks killer. and resident evil 4 has been getting great press.

its waaaay to early to speculate on next gen. but my guess right now would go with xbox. as much as i love nintendo, and as much as i just defended them, i just don't see them switching gears from being Nintendo-ish to focusing on the mainstream. sony's consoles never interested me much. i just hope they don't yank the hard drive out of xbox2, or make it a pc-box like the new rumors say.

kinda ironic how 4 years ago xfans had to defend xbox as not being just a pc, and now some are willing to accept a pc-console hybrid without second thoughts.

HaloFreak29
05-30-2004, 04:01 PM
no one knows what the ps3 will be like and it dun look like that

mattgame
05-31-2004, 06:53 AM
I will be the lone voice odf dissension and say that I will go with the system that has the hard drive.

Max33
05-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Although I wouldnt discount the possibility of purchasing next gen systems Nintendo,Sony & microsoft(footage of the new Zelda has my contimplating buying another gamecube)I will most assuredly get the next X.

HaloFreak29
05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
ya the new zelda looks very awsome