PDA

View Full Version : PS2 sales and xbox WTF?>

odpr
05-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Can someone please explain to me how can it be that there is still a US citizens without a ps two ? how can it be that there is a japneese citizien withtout a ps two console?

when I read the sales chart , it always say ps two sold two hounders thousend units... to whom ?!

And if people buy it, why they don't buy xbox, what on god earth can convince a person to buy ps ? what? games? internet? every thing ps have xbox have better ..

I just can't understand it... does someone here have an explanation ?

rolling stone
05-28-2004, 01:19 PM
i dunno...when i first bought my xbox back in nov 2001, my friends were really weird about it, saying that i should have got ps2 because that's what everyone else had at that time. i think maybe some kids buy it because that's what their friends all have. i bought sega genisis a long time ago not for the games but because my friends all had one, even though looking back i would have probably enjoyed a super nintendo and its games more.

l Maximus l
05-28-2004, 04:04 PM
It just goes to show that there are still plenty of idiots out there. Not for buying a PoS2 when it came out...actually, that would have been a great thing at the time, however, to purchase one now over an XBox is ridiculous. The PoS2 is so sub par to XBox that it's not even funny.

I mean, the XBox actually convinced me to save up my duckets and purchase a brand spankin' new HDTV and Dolby Digital Surround Sound system. The PoS2 hardly supports either one of them.

Shadow20002
05-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Xbox is the way to go now but in that time, Xbox is nothing.

SoundX
05-30-2004, 04:17 AM
Yeah, all my mates wanted me to get a PS2 like them. Got a Xbox, and one year later, they all have an Xbox too.

Sheep. ;)

Highlite23
05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Just a bit of side info................

Replacement PS2's also count twords sales numbers. :D

BunnyRabbit
05-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah, all my mates wanted me to get a PS2 like them. Got a Xbox, and one year later, they all have an Xbox too.

Sheep. ;)

LMAO! Ditto man. I had my Xbox.. Soon later 3 of my friends did.. 2 were PS2 freaks. :rofl:

CrazyCougar
05-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I have 2 xboxes and a PS2 sitting here. The PS2 and one Xbox sit in my living roon, while the other xbox is networked in my 7 year ols room. Getting ready to purchase a new xbox and give my old one to my 3 year old who hogs MY xbox all the time now!!!! Geeeez! Nothing like starting early, but man, I dont want to sit here and play Shrek Party for hours on end with a 3 year old..LOL!

MixMasta
05-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Most of my friends have Xboxes, I have even convinced a few of my friends who were not into video games to get Xboxes. I'm just not a Final Fantasy fan, so there is little reason to get a PS2 vs Xbox.

And now that we have the GTA's, why would any American who isn't a FF not get an Xbox???

And EA is on Live!

Give me one good reason to buy a PS2 now.

mikest
05-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Believe it or not I have friends that dont own consoles. And for most people they just go with the name they know..... Sony. That or they play a friends playstation 2 and like it. That or its just PS2 users replacing their ps2's when they break. The home console market is still growing, thats how Ps2's still sell.

mikest
05-30-2004, 03:03 PM
LMAO! Ditto man. I had my Xbox.. Soon later 3 of my friends did.. 2 were PS2 freaks. :rofl:

Yeah I hear yah. I got a Xbox at launch and my gaming buddy was so disapointed. Till we started playing halo together. Since then he's bought two xbox's and XBL and sold his ps2 to get the limited edition Halo Xbox. He out fanboys me now

HaloFreak29
05-30-2004, 04:03 PM
lol im only getting an xbox for halo 2 xbox live and conker live and reloaded..

CarGuy
05-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I bought a PS2 last week so now I have all three consoles. XBox is far superior.. FAR superior.. The reason I bought one was because EB had a console+network adapter+ATV offroad fury (havent played it yet) for 149.99 brand new. Figured I'd get it before they ran out of the bundle. I'm also looking forward to Gran Turismo 4. I bought the HDD with FFXI and good-god the grahpics are horrible.. it's unbelievable. But the only reason I play it is because of Gran Turismo 3. It's a GREAT game but Rallisport Challenge 2 is much more fun

sped
05-30-2004, 06:21 PM
The only reason I would want a ps2 is to play Snake Eater, it could be awhile before it comes out for the Xbox.

# 1 Stunner
05-30-2004, 11:13 PM

Sheep. ;)
same here , once they saw how bad xbl blew out ps2 they were on it next christmas..

odpr
05-31-2004, 07:26 AM
If every thing will go as microsoft planed then the playstation won't be out until 2006 . xbl is very strong, now with ea , so every sane person on planet earth that live in europe Usa, and autralia, and every other place in the world ,excpet japan will buy xbox, considering the numbers so far, until next year xbl will have one million and a half users, and almost thirty millions units sold world wide... nice :)

odpr
05-31-2004, 07:28 AM
If every thing will go as microsoft planed then the playstation won't be out until 2006 . xbl is very strong, now with ea , so every sane person on planet earth that live in europe Usa, and autralia, and every other place in the world ,excpet japan will buy xbox, considering the numbers so far, until next year xbl will have one million and a half users, and almost thirty millions units sold world wide... nice :)

Max33
05-31-2004, 09:16 AM
About three years ago my buddie & I went half on an apartment.That same week he bought a PS2 even though neither one of us could really afford to sink the money into a console.He was a happy guy.Ooooh now he's got a DVD/CD player.
You shoulda seen that punks eyes turn green when a few months later I comped my XBOX.No punk ass memorey card,cd collection running off the hard drive through my stereo.His jealousy was a nice tribute to the power of X

BoundBruiser
05-31-2004, 04:48 PM
I remember when I first got my box. The first game I popped in the drive was Halo(Usually happens to 99% of the people who first buy their box) I had all my neigboors and friends come over to play Halo and Desert Storm. One other kid in my neighborhood had a box and everyone was at his house two. I can't wait to open up my XboxNext next year!!!