PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2004, vote for who I should be

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:15 AM
It's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal. Whoever gets the most votes I'll be using in Euro 2004 and making a journal type thing on here.

l Maximus l
05-30-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm confused...

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Confused about what? If you don't know what Euro is, it's soccer. I just want to see who the people want me to use on the game, that's all.

l Maximus l
05-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Ah...ok...I had a brainfart... go with the Czech Republic.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Go with Holland, they've a great squad!

Holt88
05-30-2004, 11:15 AM
I know they're good but it's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 11:27 AM
I know they're good but it's between the Netherlands, England, Czech Republic, Ukraine and Portugal.

Lol, the Netherlands are Holland my freind. :)

Holt88
05-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Ahhhh. I got confused, I was thinking something else. They're one of the favorites to win it all. And a good reason for that is Ruud Van Nistelrooij.

Casper
05-30-2004, 11:55 AM
No leagues? I usually use Milan in Fifa, but I'd go with England - best overall squad I believe. This isn't the EULA game, is it?

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:05 PM
This is UEFA Euro 2004. It's starting on June 6 in Portugal. England is deadly with their speed, Owen is easily one of the fastest players in the World. Then Beckham :hail:

Their offense is great, defense is decent at best. The game is new first one made, EURO is played every four years and this is the first year they released a Euro game, FIFA 2005 should be coming out in a couple months, looks pretty hot.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Van the man is superb, but if I was going for an outside bet then Spain would be my choice. They currently have the best domestic league in the world and A great national team but they always seem to falter in major cups. I have to say though that France will take a bit of beating, watch out for the match between France and England. The result of that will show us how strong theyre chances are, I'm not an England fan, so dare I say it "C'mon the froggies" lol.

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:13 PM
That's what I'm talking about France vs England. France is deadly, best all around player I'd say is Zinedine Zidane, then they have Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Lilian Thuram.

I also like Italy taking this. Best defensive team going into Euro, as long as they can stay healthy.

Casper
05-30-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm trying to find this game so I can review it for here, but haven't had any luck. Being that it's not Live, I'm only going to rent it at first.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 12:16 PM
No leagues? I usually use Milan in Fifa...

Your obviously a man of taste, Milan is my favourite club team outside of my beloved Glasgow Celtic, 2004 league and cup double champions.

edit. Theyre using the same engine in Euro as Fifa so it should be good, but if your a real footy fan then "Pro evo" just runs away with the crown.

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:21 PM
It's a good game. New moves and better AI and the keepers don't suck from long range shots. FIFA 2005 will be online for XBox, and then hopefully if enough people have it here we can start a league.

I was getting torn up by Figo yesterday as he put the ball between my players legs and tricked the hell out of him, then Pauleta headed in a corner kick which made it 2-0, and I was Italy and I lost.

At first they were relaxed then when Pauleta scored that goal they went into attack mode and didn't stop. I'd clear the ball and thease guys were just constantly shooting on my goalie.

I almost scored with Totti but I was getting held by the shirt and the ref wouldn't call it at all.:(

sojourner
05-30-2004, 12:24 PM
That's what I'm talking about France vs England. France is deadly, best all around player I'd say is Zinedine Zidane, then they have Thierry Henry, David Trezeguet, Lilian Thuram.

I also like Italy taking this. Best defensive team going into Euro, as long as they can stay healthy.

Absolutely, their talent and skill is unquestionable,Thuram is one of the best defenders in the world.

Casper
05-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Your obviously a man of taste, Milan is my favourite club team outside of my beloved Glasgow Celtic, 2004 league and cup double champions.

edit. Theyre using the same engine in Euro as Fifa so it should be good, but if your a real footy fan then "Pro evo" just runs away with the crown.
I've always tried to follow AC Milan as much as I can - I have 2 jerseys that I still wear when I play indoor - Del piero. I just wish they televised it a bit more out here, but I get what I can using satellite.`

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:27 PM
You should get Italys jersey. I got mine a couple days ago, customized it with my name and own number. Very nice, got the blue next I'm getting the white one. Thease are the Pumas.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I love talking about the good old soccer, It makes a great change for a bit of soccer chat.

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm going to do a friendly match. Who should I be and who should I go against and then I'll post after halftime then the end with stats and summary.

Casper
05-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Pumas now huh? Hmm, Yea, I'd get the white, I want another one that is red/white/green - they're true colors, and being that I'm an Italian, I gotta represent :cool:

sojourner
05-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm going to do a friendly match. Who should I be and who should I go against and then I'll post after halftime then the end with stats and summary.

Set up some Spain with Morientes and Raul up front against Poland with Olisadebe up front. :)

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, Kappa used to be their sponser, but then Puma signed a contract with them. The Maladini jersey I have is from Kappa, it's like a body suit it forms to your upper chest and everything, the Puma one is nicely fit letting more movement and air ventalation.

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/images/product/xlarge/ItaHSSNo.7.0405a.jpg

Holt88
05-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Alright, Spain and Poland coming up. Then Casper make your selections.

Casper
05-30-2004, 01:05 PM
I'd say Italy vs. England - that's gonna be a nice matchup - dam, I only have Fifa 03 on XBox and just put it in since I'm jonesing for some football...I gotta get a new one :(

Holt88
05-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Halftime report.

Spain 2-Poland 0

Scoring: Raul, Morientes

Raul had a nice goal at the ball was crossed over into the air and he headed it in, same with Morientes.

Polands defenders don't have the speed to match. We had about 2 corner kicks, came close but couldn't get it past the goalie. Poland was more worried about defense, but they're pushing up their attack as my keeper is seeing more shots, they almost got one as one of their players was inside the box and I just about cut him off with a defender to adjust his shot and he hit the side of the net.

Holt88
05-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Zurawski helped Poland bring it to a 2-1 game. But they ran out of time. I seriously thought it was going into extra time. And I don't know if it me, but I kept hearing players speaking their native language. The Spain players kept communicating with eachother, so did Poland. Good game though, I thought we had a shut out but I led up too much on defense, next up, Italy and England.

sojourner
05-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Zurawski helped Poland bring it to a 2-1 game. But they ran out of time. I seriously thought it was going into extra time. And I don't know if it me, but I kept hearing players speaking their native language. The Spain players kept communicating with eachother, so did Poland. Good game though, I thought we had a shut out but I led up too much on defense, next up, Italy and England.

Its all good stuff, nice match sum up! :)

My team-http://www.celticfc.net

Holt88
05-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Time for Italy vs England. I played it before but within 2 minutes Nesta my best defender got ejected with a red card for tackling a guy from behind, while Del Piero was thrown to the ground right infront of their keeper and it didn't get called.

Slowride
05-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Netherlands, no question. Sure, being born in The Netherlands may make my choice slightly biased, but so what. They're the sh*t.

The_Fez
05-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Portugal for Cristiano Ronaldo :D

Holt88
05-30-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm gonna have to start asking people on AIM. Not enough voting going on.:mad: