PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2004 Road To Portugal

Holt88
05-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Since the voting didn't work out too well, I've decided on who I am going to be, and it's Czech Republic.

For the start of the tourny, I am in Group 1 with Turkey, Wales, Greece and Andora. Luckily with none of the big dogs.

Here's where everyone can get information on them. http://www.euro2004.com/tournament/teams/team=58837/index.html

I'll get the starting lineup and upcoming games up later and other information once games get under way, stay tuned.

sojourner
05-31-2004, 06:45 AM
Watch out for Turkey though, they're a good team. :watchout:

Holt88
06-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Damn I don't feel good about the Czech. I just played Belgium in a friendly and I scored a goal, then they came right back and scored one. Then I was coming up the side of the field and crossed it over and Pavel Nedved headed it in, making it a 2-1 game. Then they came back and started weaving and embarrasing my defense with pin point passes and just rocketed a shot past my goalie, who is just horrible. And this is Belgium!!!!

I'm thinking of moving to a little bit better team. Just the thought of me facing France, Italy and Spain...I'd get murdered. No speed what-so-ever on defense. Pavel Nedved is the only hope for that team and can't do it all himself. Portgual doesn't sound too bad, neither does Germany.

sojourner
06-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Would you not fancy taking Spain? if your heading for the big boys youll need a strong squad. :)

Holt88
06-01-2004, 06:53 PM
I kinda like Germany. Good squad there and I'd say the best GK too. What do you think about choosing Italy?

sojourner
06-02-2004, 05:19 AM
Ye they're a great side and have made a few changes to their team, Italy always seem to make it through to the finals. I would seriously ponder choosing them.

Xorg
06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah go with Germany, you can't go wrong when you have the best gk
btw, is this game any good? How is it compared to FIFA 2004, and how are the controls compared to it too?

Holt88
06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Alright, Germany it is and that's FINAL.

Well, this game has more features, it's what FIFA 2005 is basically going to be, diving headers, bysicle kicks, off the ball control, more moves, being able to dribble past players and goalies don't get killed on deep balls like in FIFA 2004.

Holt88
06-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Nevermind. I suck so bad, I was playing with Germany against Belgium, and Kahn wasn't blocking a damn thing. I'm going with France first time around and If I can't do anything, then I'm garbage.

France Roster:

GK: U.Rame
RB: L.Thurman
CB: W.Gallas
CB: M.Desailly
LB: M.Silverstre
CM: S.Wiltord
CM: P.Vieira
AM: R.Pires
AM: Z.Zidane
AM: T.Henry
ST: D.Trezeguet

Subs

GK: F.Barthez
RB: W.Sagnol
CB: P.Mexes
LB: B.Lizarazu
DM: B.Pedretti
CM: C.Makelele
ST: L.Saha

France is in group one with Slovenia, Israel, Cyprus and Malta.

Next 5 games

Match Type: Friendly...Home: Fra. Away: Rom. France Wins 1-0
Match Type: Friendly...Home: Gre. Away: Fra.
Match Type: Qualifier...Home: Cyp. Away: Fra.
Match Type: Qualifier...Home: Fra. Away: Slo.
Match Type: Qualifier...Home: Mlt. Away: Fra.

Record: 1-0

My outlook is, well...I have the best damn team. But seeing as I was using Germany and having Belgium tear me up, it's only right I select the best team. Another thing I'm happy about that Germany didn't have is, speed. This will open everything up, espically having Henry running down the sideline, and Zidane in the middle to free up for shots. I expect to do good against the lower teams, but once everything is set and the finals games get under way, I won't be facing scrub teams anymore. The following teams that I am afraid of are, England: TONS OF SPEED in Rooney and Owen, Beckham has one hell of a shot, great offense. Spain: I'd say 2nd best to us, they are decent all around, they just lack a little bit of speed but have good quality players. Italy: Defense, defense, defense. But what I should also be worried about is their speed and offense, something they have in Totti, Del Piero and Vieri. Germany: I'll have a very hard time scoring on them because of Kahn...always had a problem with him. If Germany scores one goal, I'm still in it, 2...call it game over.

Holt88
06-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Game Result: Romania 0: France 1

Scoring: D.Trezeguet

France

Total Shots 48
Shots on target 18
Passing 81%
Fouls 1
Yellow Cards 0
Red Cards 0
Corners 9
Offsides 1

Romania

Total Shots 4
Shots on target 3
Passing 84%
Fouls 3
Yellow Cards 1
Red Cards 0
Corners 1
Offsides 0

Bookings: Romania: D.Munteanu

Romania played some very good defense. Keeper Lobant was stopping everything that was in his way, headers and lighting fast kicks. Finally scored after the ball was deflected off of Lobants hands and Lobant was trying to get up and David Trezeguet was there at the right time and kicked the ball in for a goal. I was happy with my D but a couple of times Romanias players broke out quick and got some good scoring chances. I hope Henry can get the ball more upfield, not sure what's wrong with him, he hasn't had that burst of speed in him.

Xorg
06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
48 total shots! and they only got 4?? What difficulty are you playing in?

sojourner
06-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Holt, whats your formation. Is it 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or what? And can you change in game on euro 2004?

Holt88
06-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Formation is 4-2-3-1. And did you mean can you change formations in during the game? Yes you can. You can change kick takers, formation and substitutions. I'm playing on Professional, next is World Class, which I'd get killed in.

Xorg
06-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Ok, I play in pro too, in fifa 2004. seems reasonable, but I think I only get like 20-30 shots

Holt88
06-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Tell me how Brazil and Argentina are in FIFA 2004.

sojourner
06-04-2004, 05:33 AM
If I could make one suggestion to your formation, make it four at the back and four in midfield with one attacking midfielder moved slightly up behind the front two just off the strikers. Ye Brazil are the biz in fifa. :)

Xorg
06-04-2004, 02:27 PM
I dunno, I only played with Germany in the world cup once when I first got it, and I think Brazil didn't even make it past its group :confused:
I mostly play in the european leagues in it.

sojourner
06-04-2004, 06:37 PM
You can't discount the current world cup holders, they've won it five times! :)

Holt88
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Alright. Was busy yesterday and didn't have a chance to get atleast one game in. I'm leaving later so I'll try to get a game done before I leave.

Holt88
06-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I can't believe this. I was in a game earlier today that I wanted to get done against Greece, and scored with Henry. Then they came back with a goal 5 minutes later, then I scrored another one with Henry. So everything was fine and there was 10 minutes left in the game, oh why not..somebody opens my door, and I look and I didn't pause the game and they score a goal on a header. I was pissed. By the way sojourner, there's tons of formations.

Holt88
06-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Alright. I forgot all about this. I'll be playing on professional and final team is Italy, since I'm mad they are out of Euro. 15 mins with injuries on.

Group 5:

Italy
N.Ireland
Lativa
Luxembourg
Ireland

GER vs ITA in a friendly game.

Next games: Freindly vs BEL: Qualifier vs IRL: Qualifier vs LAT: Qualifier vs LUX: Friendly vs BLS: Friendly vs NED: Qualifier vs LUX: Friendly vs UKR: Friendly vs SVK: Qualifier vs NIR: Friendly vs ENG: Qualifier vs LAT: Qualifier vs NIR: Qualifier vs IRL

Starting line up

GK: G.Buffon
RB: M.Materazzi
CB: A.Nesta
CB: F.Coco
LB: D.Adani
DM: G.Zambrotta
DM: V.Montella
RM: A Del Piero
LM: F.Inzaghi
AM: F.Totti
ST: C.Vieri

Subs

GK: F.Toldo
CB: F.Cannavaro
DM: A.Pirlo
CM: C.Zanetti
ST: A.Cassano
CM: G.Gattuso
AM: S.Fiore

Wish me luck, game against the best gk coming up.

sojourner
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Have you been keeping an eye on the tourny? it's been awsome! Out go the Azzuri, that was a shocker. Denmark, Sweden and the Czechs have been turning it on big time.

Holt88
06-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Yup I have. I was pissed off that Sweden tied it 2-2 with Denmark.

Anyway, I just had a tie game with Germany. Went back and forth but defences were playing too good for each team. I accidently exited the game before I could copy team stats down but next game I will, which is under way right now against Belgium.

sojourner
06-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Tonights matches for Germany and Holland will be a crackers, but the big players in this tourny have failed to put a show on unfortunately.