PDA

View Full Version : NINJA GAIDEN and a Broken Controller...

Satch
05-31-2004, 03:53 AM
Well, I must say I'm quite embarrassed. I was on the "Ice Caverns" level. I've gotten really good at this game, but there was this one part I kept getting ripped off at, and I just got fed up, unplugged the controller, slung it by the cord, and smacked it into my closet SO hard that the insides of the controller rattle like hell, both triggers are all the way in because the spring is screwed on both of them, the right thumbstick is totally limp, and the start button is screwed. Damn, I love this game :) NO other game had got me this pissed before. Too bad that was the controller that came with my Xbox and made it through 2 rough years with me. I'll miss it :( lol..I've NEVER hurt my stuff like this before. Oh yeah, I also kinda...threw...my ninja gaiden case and shattered it...good thing I had a spare black case...looks better anyway. darn. lol just had to share all that. Later

hebgbz
05-31-2004, 09:08 AM
You're more forgiving than I. I got just as frustrated, but was so fed up I traded it off. I just don't have the skills in my old age to handle that game.

Max33
05-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, I must say I'm quite embarrassed. I was on the "Ice Caverns" level. I've gotten really good at this game, but there was this one part I kept getting ripped off at, and I just got fed up, unplugged the controller, slung it by the cord, and smacked it into my closet SO hard that the insides of the controller rattle like hell, both triggers are all the way in because the spring is screwed on both of them, the right thumbstick is totally limp, and the start button is screwed. Damn, I love this game :) NO other game had got me this pissed before. Too bad that was the controller that came with my Xbox and made it through 2 rough years with me. I'll miss it :( lol..I've NEVER hurt my stuff like this before. Oh yeah, I also kinda...threw...my ninja gaiden case and shattered it...good thing I had a spare black case...looks better anyway. darn. lol just had to share all that. Later

Damn...I hav'nt got that mad since the original NES.
Those controllers really took a beating.

BunnyRabbit
05-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Usually I just punch the TV or my knee.. I learned from experience and lack of money, that personal injury is better than losing a controller.. :cheers:

skorp
05-31-2004, 07:01 PM
hehehee Awesome! Thats why I love the game... Never threw my controller but broke it while playing NG... I think it started with playing alot of countless hours of Halo. But then finally the left Thumbstick leans to the right slightly when I aim and the jump button I have to press really hard in order for it to work.

I would frame it! :cheers:

LiquidX
05-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Usually I just punch the TV or my knee.. I learned from experience and lack of money, that personal injury is better than losing a controller.. :cheers:

Whenever I got mad at a game (which ended after my SNES and Genesis days) I punched the table right by my couch. One day it had took all it could and snapped right in half. I also snapped one SNES controller. It was 3rd party but hey I was like 10.

Variation-XBA
05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Ridilin is your friend =P

Kyle Static
05-31-2004, 10:23 PM
haha, the angriest I've ever gotten was when I was quite a bit younger playing a Snes game (can't really remember which one, maybe mario cart) and I got so angry I bit the controller...it still has my teeth marks in it :p.

Darkside
05-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Mmmm controller parts, I used to be a controller basher but now I've been rehabilitated
Thanks to a stern lesson from my mom... (No games for a month)

:hump: Party on!

DemonLoki
05-31-2004, 10:31 PM
My controller has a silver streak on the handle from the 'chrome' on my tv :wink:
thanks Ninja Gaiden

Satch
06-01-2004, 12:47 AM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets mad games... to tell you the truth, it doesn't usually happen except on this game or Dead or Alive 3. Oh, and whoever said I should frame my broken controller, that sounds like a cool idea! lol... well I dunno about actually framing it, but I'm definitely keeping it.

Hard Boiled Cop
06-01-2004, 05:45 AM
I only do this kind of stuff with racing games. PGR2 in expert mode, god you gotta hate them.
I was stuck in the Ice caverns as well satch, but I was in the fire place. I have to beat a giant worm and then the dragon. And I had only 4 spirit elixirs. But after hard working, patience and skills, you will prevail.

SoundX
06-01-2004, 07:51 AM
I was playing No Mercy on the 64 a couple of years back, had just spent one hour plus on survival mode. I had one person left to throw out the ring, and somehow he managed to knock me over the edge with a weak punch. I got so pissed off I yanked the game out of the 64 while it was still on and threw it against the middle of my window (where it's wooden).

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden is looking less and less lightly like I game I want.

Trento52
06-01-2004, 07:14 PM
i smashed my snes controller but xbox has been really good excedpt my dad stepped on one adn it wouldn't stop vibrating and smelled liek smoke so i took it apart adn screwed it up even more but i kept it anyway. But usually i punch myself and charlie horse myself too. And sometimes throw the controller along hte floor adn run out. It is funny now that i think of it.

l Maximus l
06-01-2004, 10:29 PM
My controller has a silver streak on the handle from the 'chrome' on my tv :wink:
thanks Ninja Gaiden

lol, dude...I actually laughed out loud at that one :D

skorp
06-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by DemonLoki
thanks Ninja Gaiden

lol, dude...I actually laughed out loud at that one :D

hehee... Nothing better than to actually see battle marks on a controller... :cool:

:cheers:

LTM360
06-03-2004, 08:15 AM
NBA Live '95
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Super C
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X
Dead to Rights
Crimson Skies (already!)
Rainbow Six 3
... anything on Xbox Live

all of these games have helped contribute to an R2 button broken on PS2, 3 broken Genesis controller, 1 broken A button on an S controller, and many pains in my leg, because like Bunny, I learned my leg, or remote for TV is better than breaking my controllers. :cheers:

Brutus
06-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Bringing it back to the NG thingy. I HATE all action games. I really do. I'm just simply fed up with the "Run around and finding $hit gameplay.
NG on the other hand, makes it so cool that it's worth doing it. & yes, it makes me mad too. It's somcething that makes me so mad to the point that I can't continue, then I come back, turn it on and it becomes the coolest game ever once I get past certain point.
The only other game that can get me this mad is NHL on All Star.
NG is such a great game and I love it, but I'm going to have to get rid of it too just because I don't have the time to become a Master Ninja. I'll do it once, but again and again!?

mattgame
06-03-2004, 03:49 PM
That's okay. I had those moments too. Then I would buckle down and handle the mofo. Greatest. Game. Ever.