PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Tomorrow or Thief?

Max33
05-31-2004, 09:31 AM
It's been awhile since I've bought a game,but I've got some extra cash and have narrowed it down to two finalists.SplinterCell Pandora Tomorrow or Thief deadly Shadows.I was a big fan of the original Splintercell but I dont have XBL,so I'm a little hesitant...I hear great things about Theif...

Anybody played both games or have an opinion?

RichVGS
05-31-2004, 10:11 AM
I've played both, and I'm not really a fan of either, but that is because I can't stand stealth games. But I did like Thief better because of the depth of the missions. That's my two cents on the matter.

Slowride
05-31-2004, 12:47 PM
I'd say thief. It's a much funner game. Plus, you can get 15 dollars off with this coupon. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56895

rolling stone
05-31-2004, 04:05 PM
i also don't have live and was thinking about pandora tomorrow and thief. i liked the original splinter cell... that coupon posted on here makes it tempting to buy thief though. the coupon is legit right? i'm not going to look like an idiot trying to use a fake coupon?

sounds like you guys are leaning towards theif, am i right?

full spectrum warrior comes out later this week, too.

BoundBruiser
05-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Although a couple of my friends are saying Pandora Tomorrow I'd rather get Theif. It's a real promising looking game!

AlphaCigara
05-31-2004, 05:20 PM
I rented thief this past weekend, and if you want a better single player experience, i'd go with it. It feels like Deus Ex Invisible War with better graphics, less (but some) slowdown, more stealth, and bigger levels with bunches of stuff to do. If you have Live, i'd go with Pandora in a heartbeat, but since some of you don't have it, i'd go with Thief.

BunnyRabbit
05-31-2004, 06:03 PM
I have never played thief, But I have recently gotten into Pandora Tomorrows offline which is awesome loads of fun just the same as on.
But as majority would rule its in favor of thief.

skorp
05-31-2004, 06:43 PM
Only because I already have SC:PT... I am looking forward to getting Thief soon...
It's a hard decision to choose only one of the two... Either way I'm sure you would enjoy both!

Good Games! :cheers:

Scapegoats
05-31-2004, 11:35 PM
My vote goes to Thief... I even wrote a little review of it here because I love it... It's the game I've been needing to fill the void... Finally, a game I'm going to play again.

I didn't like Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow as much, but both are good games. I do own the first Splinter Cell, but not PT.

I also don't have Live, and never will.

Rent 'em both and decide. But my parting advice is:

o/~ JUST GIVE THIEF A CHANCE! o/~

Hard Boiled Cop
06-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Thief. PT was boring I thought.