PDA

View Full Version : quick question please help!

Xtopia
01-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi guys:),

Since I can remember, I have just been using the standard cables that come out of the box--but today I figured out that my 33 in. RCA could handle S-video. so I am considering getting the s-video cables from monster cables, however I am curious as to whether I will even be able to tell a difference. I dont want to spend $40 on nothing. What do you guys think?

JJaX
01-18-2002, 01:50 PM
Get the advanced AV pack. S-video does make a difference. If you want a cleaner sharper image and better color get it.

Rancey
01-18-2002, 02:29 PM
I agree with JJaX, definetely worth the upgrade.

Hugh_Jass
01-18-2002, 02:37 PM
I think just about anyone can tell the difference between S-Video and composite. Whether you can tell the difference between the MS Advanced AV Pack and the version from Monster Cable is another issue. I'm not a Monster Cable zealot but they do make nice stuff.

For a 33" I would go with the standard MS Advanced AV Pack.
Heck...I don't even use the Monster on my 120" but maybe I'm just crazy (or too cheap).

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 02:37 PM
I have the Advanced A/V Pack and I have a 36" TV. I understand that if you have a TV that is larger than a 27", you will see a big difference...I know that I did when I used the Advanced A/V Pack over my standard Composite cables that came with the XBox. It's much richer in color, much more clear, and crisp.

Last night, I tried playing my XBox on my 27" TV that does not have S-Video and it was horrible in comparison!

I wouldn't recommend, necessarily, getting the Monster S-Video cables if they cost more. You'll get great performance out of the Advanced A/V Pack from Microsoft. They are $19.99...I'm not sure what the price is for the Monster S-Video cables...I wouldn't be surprised if they cost a little more... You won't see a difference between the quality between both of those since they are both S-Video.

DrUnKtAnK
01-18-2002, 03:20 PM
GameLink™ 400 X Component Video with Analog Audio / 59.95ea.
http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox/images/XGL400.jpg
"GameLink™ 400 X Delivers the Most Realistic 3D Game Graphics and DVD Picture Possible
To maximize video strength and maintain precise 75-ohm impedance, nitrogen gas is injected into the dielectric insulator, creating uniform, microscopic cells. This allows the conductor to rest in the exact center of the cable, even when the cable is bent. As a result, you'll see DVD movie picture quality and game graphics that are incredibly detailed, crisper and sharper.

Monster's Advanced Audio Technology Outperforms Ordinary Component Video and Audio Cables
GameLink has patented cable technologies that allow you to maximize the full sonic performance of your XBOX. DoubleHelix™ construction and Bandwidth Balanced™ multiple gauge wire networks combine to reject interference and deliver accurate reproduction of dialogue, sound effects, and music. GameLink is also equipped with a digital audio output jack, it's easy to upgrade to Dolby Digital Surround Sound. LighWave™ 100X(sold separately), Monster's highest performance fiber optic audio hookup, completes the upgrade to a pure digital audio connection.

Maximize Your Gaming and Movie Investment
You've already invested in the most killer video game system around. Why not play with the best picture and sound possible? With Monster GameLink, you'll get all the power and performance your XBOX was designed to deliver."

GameLink™ 300 X S-Video AV Cable / 44.95ea.
http://www.monstercable.com/monstergame/xbox/images/XGL300.jpg
"Monster S-Video Maximizes 3D Game Graphics and DVD Movie Picture
S-Video is the preferred high performance connection, because it sends the video signal in separate Chrominance (color) and Luminance (brightness) channels, for a picture that is richer in color, brighter and sharper. It also gets rid of "dot crawl", the annoying, flickering along object edges. GameLink™ 300 X uses advanced technologies like nitrogen gas to ensure the best S-Video signal possible.

Monster's Advanced Audio Technology Outperforms Ordinary Component Video and Audio Cables
GameLink has patented cable technologies that allow you to maximize the full sonic performance of your XBOX. DoubleHelix™ construction and Bandwidth Balanced™ multiple gauge wire networks combine to reject interference and deliver accurate reproduction of dialogue, sound effects, and music. GameLink is also equipped with a digital audio output jack, it's easy to upgrade to Dolby Digital Surround Sound. LighWave™ 100X(sold separately), Monster's highest performance fiber optic audio hookup, completes the upgrade to a pure digital audio connection.

Maximize Your Gaming and Movie Investment
You've already invested in the most killer video game system around. Why not play with the best picture and sound possible? With Monster GameLink, you'll get all the power and performance your XBOX was designed to deliver."

Quest
01-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Thats a bunch of marketing BS. Get the advanced AV pack by MS...or the S-video cable from madcatz...get the same quality and save urself 20 bucks,,,the major difference between the MS advances av pack and the madcatz s-video cables is the advanced av pack supports digital optical sound such as dolby dts and dolby 5.1...other than that difference there is none. Save urself some money dont go for the marketing hype..