PDA

View Full Version : Halo Glitches and tricks?

BoundBruiser
05-31-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm sure many of you have heard and tried the glitch at Blood Gultch and Sidewinder when you get in a ghost and ride up the side of a mountain and jump out and then you are in another grey dimension, and if you flip a tank over and stand on the lower end of the tread and flip it it will catipult you. Have any of you heard of the one if you shoot another guy in multiplayer in a certian part of the shin he dies? Anything else?

BunnyRabbit
05-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Haha one of the first threads I made it made people go nuts on me. Check this site out http://halo.bungie.org

Im sure it has everything there is about Halo and glitches.

Variation-XBA
05-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Official site has all the main ones, and no, there's no cheats :P

TuffEagle88
05-31-2004, 08:17 PM
I like the rock glitch in BG, its impractical against anyone but n00bs, but it sure is fun to nail them as they are running around and them never figure out where you are. :)

DemonLoki
05-31-2004, 11:36 PM
On halo (2nd level) with the warthog after you exit the tunnel go to the area on the left where survivors and flare-shooting-building are(dont rescue survivors or kill all guys yet). There is a tree next to the hill that seperates this area from the main area where the river is (the tree is about the middle of the hills base). Drive up this hill behind the big tree (you climb really slowly) from there kill all the covenant you see, and you get a checkpoint, imediatly turn around and look across the valley, you'll see two banshee falling out of the sky with elites entering them. I dont think its possible to kill the elites before the ****pit closes, but its fun to try.

edit: it bleeps ****pit! :rofl:
How does anyone know whats really in, or going-on in this pit now?

SoundX
06-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Check this out: http://halosm.bungie.org/tipsntricks/display.html?collection=frogblast.topofhalo&movie=show

Yannie Boy
06-01-2004, 09:27 AM
wow, i know so many tricks/glitchs

check this site out

halo.ibonk.com

^^^^

those people are nuts and also have no life

SoundX
06-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Yeah I managed to pull off the trick shown in that link I posted earlier yesterday. Weird stuff.

TuffEagle88
06-02-2004, 03:30 PM
have any of you managed to get down to the marines at the first bridge on Assult on the Control Room without dieing?????? I have come within 3 feet of making it, but then the computer took over and I started flailing and died before I hit the ground....
:( I need to try it some more though. On assult on the control room after you go up that big hill through the tunnel and the dropship lands with some ghosts, you can run and shoot the elite before he gets into the wraith, but you can't get into it. :(

wbio
06-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Yea, it's fun to try to do tricks and stuff but it pisses me off when I'm playing XBC and people try to get on top or in the tower on bg, but it's real fun to kill them when they're trying to do it, or, if they're in the tower, have people go to both sides of the person and one of them snipe him in the back of the head. Most of the time it's just n00bs trying to do it and they're still real easy to beat because they can't snipe you worth a ****

TuffEagle88
06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
the only thing I don't like about BG is that it is almost all sniper rifles, almost everytime I get killed is from a sniper. One time I got up on top of BG one of my friends threw a fit and called me a cheater just because he didn't know how and I got up there first. But a .50 caliber slug sent him spinning and shut him up, for the moment. :)

DemonLoki
06-05-2004, 04:39 AM
:( I need to try it some more though. On assult on the control room after you go up that big hill through the tunnel and the dropship lands with some ghosts, you can run and shoot the elite before he gets into the wraith, but you can't get into it. :(
Are you talking about where the land bridge has two ghost witha tank on the ground below, and two elites that come out the doors on far side?
If you are, and by wraith do you mean banshee? I am confused :confused: see.

SoundX
06-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Have you guys ever done that Warthog trick on the SC where you pile the warthog through the doors before the convonent close it on you.
Skips a nice big section of the level, I actualy did this on my first time on the level, heh, I got pritty surprised when my friend didn't do it and had to do a whole extra section.

TuffEagle88
06-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Are you talking about where the land bridge has two ghost witha tank on the ground below, and two elites that come out the doors on far side?
If you are, and by wraith do you mean banshee? I am confused :confused: see.

yea, I guess my post was pretty confusing, even to me. I kinda ran two things together, but the part you quoted was talking about where after you get the tank and have gone across the bridge inside of the tunnels and have killed the elites and hunters across from you, then you go across, open the door open another door and continue and there are two elites in ghosts, a sleeping grunt, and a bunch of jackels all the way up the huge hill, and when you get to the top a dropship drops off some covy, including a few elites and ghosts, if you hurry you can see the elite across the field jump into the wraith tank and shoot him before he gets in, you would have to use the tank gun or be quick with a sniper rifle though. I myself haven't tried it yet, but my friend said he has done it and I saw him get a sight on him.
Its in the area with the tall building in the middle with the invisible sword-elite inside. If you keep going there are two hunters, then down the hill the two hunters fighting the marines, then the dropship comes, then you go through the small tunnel on foot with the invisible sword elite. I hope I haven't confused you anymore.

BoundBruiser
06-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Have any of you heard of the glitch at Side Winder when you can re-route the teleporters with a rocket launcher and a ghost?

TuffEagle88
06-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Have any of you heard of the glitch at Side Winder when you can re-route the teleporters with a rocket launcher and a ghost?

nope, never heard of that one. Do you know of such a trick, if so, please share. :)

AlphaRaptor
06-10-2004, 10:20 PM
nope, never heard of that one. Do you know of such a trick, if so, please share. :)
Yes, please :huh:

BoundBruiser
06-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I read it on one of the sites that some of you have posted. I'll hurry up and look for it.

BoundBruiser
06-12-2004, 01:53 PM
OK I can't find were I read that but I know it is out there. I'm almost certain I read it on www.halo.ibonk.com.

To tie you guys over here's a couple of tricks I like.

This one takes place on Sidewinder, it works extremly well on CTF. In the tunels were the invisibility and over sheild is put a warthog(Maybe ghosts could work but I've never tried) with the turret against the polls were the 2 goodies are. Then when your on your opposers side you can simply run up to the vehicle which is now behind the polls and press X and you'll go right through those polls into the turret of the warthog. Then hop out and jump into the drivers seat and your off to score. It saves you tuns of time cutting that whole section in half for ya.

This one works on both Sidewinder and Blood Gulch. Get the warthog and back it up with the turret against a wall(either of the bases in both levels). You or someone else can get in that turret and you can shoot through walls. I usually use this on Sidewinder in CTF. You can clear everyone out of the bottom part of your enemies base, then you and your pals can raid to the inside.

Good Luck!