PDA

View Full Version : Which games support custom soundtracks???

jrod999
01-18-2002, 02:52 PM
can u give i list of which ones...

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Well, I know Project Gotham Racing and Amped both do. I know this, primarily, because I own both of them :D Other people will add more, I'm sure!

jrod999
01-18-2002, 03:01 PM
but how do u play them.... do u have to go to the xbox settings or is it in the game???

DrUnKtAnK
01-18-2002, 03:07 PM
I know if PGR (project gothem racing) you have 'turn' it on in the menu while your playing, if I remeber correctly....or I think is in game setup - sound, scroll through and choose your soundtrack.

Just make sure you have already made some soundtracks and they are store in your xbox.

I have to look into what other games support custom soundtracks, their only a few right know, but I am sure their are going to be more shortly.

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by jrod999
but how do u play them.... do u have to go to the xbox settings or is it in the game???

Well, first, you have to download all of the tracks that you want from your personal CD collection onto the hard-drive. To do this, simply use the main display screen when you turn your XBox on without any games it in.

Once you have copied all the songs you want to the hard drive, put in Project Gotham Racing, for example, and go to the "Music Manager". It will have the music that you downloaded to the hard drive listed there. Simply uncheck the default music and check your soundtracks....and you're in action!

Also, what's cool about PGR is that you can also include a radio DJ if you want...but, they will play your music instead! You can have as many as 100 songs on PGR and Amped...which is a lot! Considering that each song is anywhere between 3-5 minutes, you will have between 300 and 500 minutes of songs without repeating! It's sweet!

Let's say you have a song you don't want to hear and you want to go to the next track while you are playing the game. Simply tap the white button and it will go to the next track :) I know that the white button works for Amped...I can't recall if it does on PGR, but, it wouldn't surprise me :) It's awesome!!!

SciFi
01-18-2002, 03:23 PM
I got over 100 on PGR... and the white button doesn't work on it (it changes the view angle, you gotto press start and go to music...)

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
I got over 100 on PGR... and the white button doesn't work on it (it changes the view angle, you gotto press start and go to music...)

Okay, gotcha...Now I remember...but, I know you can do that on Amped for sure :)

SciFi
01-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't know... Got SS Tricky...

l Maximus l
01-18-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
Wouldn't know... Got SS Tricky...

Nobody's perfect :D hehe...jk

How do you like SSX Tricky? I heard it was good, but, just a PS2 port. All I know is that Amped is my favorite game next to Halo :D