PDA

View Full Version : (First gamer Impressions) Full Spectrum Warrior!

XboxGamers
06-01-2004, 09:59 PM
This was posted at Xbox.com boards. Can't wait to get my copy!

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7694637

"Alright...I'm back, I just finished my very extensive training and the first thing I noticed was how easy the controls were for the several different tasks you can perform...I also liked how my Alpha and Bravo teams seemed human enough for me to care about what happens to them when it comes to mission time (and a bunch of curse words went-a-flying, which is always nice).

As for the gameplay, this is truly a real time strategy game that forces you to use your head. There was a point in training when an enemy was un-shootable in his position but he was pinned down at the same time, and the squad leader asked, "What should do here...Johnson!?"..."Grenade him, sir!?" he replys.......squad leader then says "Sure, a grenade would be an option but grenades are extremely valuable in the tougher situations, it's much better to use your head soldier!".

That's so true in this game, it's all about your noggin and your ability to devise plans quickly. This seems like the type of game where you can sit back smoke a cigarette and enjoy the action that unfolds with your orders...it's ****ing awesome dudes. This game rules alreadly and I've only done training...can't wait to do some missions now. Strategy fans will wet their pants with how easy (easy as in controls), fluid, action packed and fun this game is. There are tons of different strategies to employ...and in training I was alreadly told that enemies will move around quite a bit (see, you can call in a Recon chopper from above to see if they can locate any enemy positions and send them back to your GPS)...but since they move around you have to be quick if you want to get the drop on them. The view they use for looking at your GPS is pretty cool too...it has that "kicking open a chest" quality to it like in Ninja Gaiden or the "drinking the water for health" quality that's seen in Prince of Persia...but, I must digress and return to this addicting"

"I will tell you more when I have the chance too...but right now I'm getting my team killed in the war games (which is right before the actual missions I'm assuming)...another bit of info: If you question yourself...your right!!! Don't do anything stupid! hahaha, this is cool"

"this just in: Moving down just 1 street has never been so thought provoking or challenging...more details to come."

"last post here: This game is awesome and hope you all enjoy it as much as I am right now. Another thing that has struck me is the graphics (I didn't really think anything of them until I hit my first mission after training)...the cutscenes blind seemlessy into gameplay and look gorgeous. Every angle must be accounted for, every street corner taken seriously, b/c you never really know where the enemy can be. Bottom line is, this an RTS and if you like RTS games, you love this (heck, even if you don't like RTS's you'll like it)...it's all about using your head and it can sometimes be overwhelming but that's the fun it...it all goes down the way you planned it (whether that be good or bad), you can't shoot the enemy on your own (no matter how easy it may appear to be) you must use your head instead of a quick trigger finger...this game goes all long way in making Xbox's selection of games span the entire "spectrum" (no pun intended). Great Game...a must buy."

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/519/519972/full-spectrum-warrior-20040531090411380.jpg

Stormlord
06-01-2004, 10:03 PM
:cry: I can't believe the day is finally here. It's going to be freaking sweet. When Halo 2 arrives it will be one of the best days of the year.

Holt88
06-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Nice, very nice. My friend at school was talking about this game for a long time and then I read about it that you cannot shoot and said it sucked. But now watching the videos and reading reviews, I'll be getting this game and playing Online with it, I cannot wait.