PDA

View Full Version : FSW is da CHIT!

Sheeyt
06-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I just finished the first real mission and my god I'm blown away. Unfortunately I have to stop now and take my lazy arse to the gym but I will definately pick up my battle when I return.

BananaMan
06-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Yea i'm bout to rent that tonight, or is it at blockbuster yet?!

AlphaCigara
06-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I'll be picking this up either today or tomorrow, it looks really good, and i can't wait to see the Live features on it :cheers:

Chaotic
06-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Give us a little more info then that... Come TRIR you know better then this :p

Variation-XBA
06-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Sigh, dont get it in Canada till Fri ;(

JJaX
06-02-2004, 03:27 PM
I have it right in front of me...

Unfortunately, I cant play it because I'm at work...

30 Mins to go.....

Anthony4sho
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Damn! I need some money to get this game. I might just rent it to hold myself over until I'm able to buy it.

RockTheCasba
06-02-2004, 05:06 PM
i picked it up today its sweet

Sheeyt
06-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Chaotic one word REALISM REALISM REALISM!

One of the soldiers even has NYPD on the back of his helmet. In the country you are fighting in there are pictures of Kahlid Sheik Mohammad everywhere, and other terrorists.

Chaotic
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Chaotic one word REALISM REALISM REALISM!

One of the soldiers even has NYPD on the back of his helmet. In the country you are fighting in there are pictures of Kahlid Sheik Mohammad everywhere, and other terrorists.

no way :yikes: they actually have real pictures of real terriorst on the walls :rofl: :hail: I'll pick this game up tomorrow for sure...

revernd
06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
do you get to shoot at all?

CRAYMAN
06-02-2004, 06:18 PM
do you get to shoot at all?

NO! You can only throw grenades.
But your soldiers can shoot.

RockTheCasba
06-02-2004, 06:37 PM
i know u guys r gonna say this game is lame cuz u cant shoot. but its one of the best ive played on xbox. definate purchase.

CharlieHustle
06-02-2004, 08:01 PM
He's right, you cant shoot, but you can give orders to shoot, in a certain direction, suppress fire, and so on. Dont sleep on this game, its very tight. i just finished the training mission, and the first objective in the first mission. And i am floored by the realism of this game.

jack talent
06-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Sigh, dont get it in Canada till Fri ;(

I live in Toronto... and it came out tuesday.

floglogs
06-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Those of you that don't know much about it, pop in your OXM Disc 24 and watch them demonstrate a couple of minutes of it.

BunnyRabbit
06-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Now wait.. Is this a Multiplayer Online game as well? I mean can you face up squads and strategically fight other people? I need money but I may get pending on what else I hear of it.

Duke
06-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah, wasn't going to get this one right away, but I'm glad I did.

Only had time to finish up training and begin the first mission, but good so far.

Didn't see any of you sissies on live though.

Sheeyt
06-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Bunny, the only online aspect of the game is a coop mode. You control one squad your teammate controls the other.

JJaX
06-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Im on the 4th mission right now, and this game is teh cool!

JJaX
06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Im on the 4th mission right now, and this game is teh cool! Crank up the sound. because when **** hits the fan its a rush. But you gotta stay calm and figure the best way around a situation.

How bad ass is the mortar strike? I'm glad the soldiers have personality too, it really adds to the immesive ness of the game. I'd be yelling "F" a lot and calling my squad mates "pooseys" too ;)

I know i went off on a few tangents in this post....I have A.D.D. :watchout:

The game is good, get it if you want something different.

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Me too Jjax.

SilverOak
06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
does anyone know how many chapters (levels) there are in the game? I've played co-op on chapter 1 twice now, and the bad guys were in the same location each time. Maybe that was just coincidence, but random placement of bad guys would add to the replay value.

All in all I'm glad I bought it!

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Yea unfortunately random placement of bad guys isn't going to happen the entire game is scripted.

However I've been doing some research, apparently there is a code out there "SWEDISHARMY" which unlocks a new difficulty setting called "authentic." I've also read that if you beat the game on all three levels it unlocks the actual military simulation that the game was built on.

http://sniperkilla.home.comcast.net/FSW/
This person has a modded xbox and after browser the data on the disc he found the the actual Army simulation is included on the disc. How to possibly unlock it is still a mystery. In old interviews with Will Stall the lead designer on both projects he said in the Army version you can actually enter buildings and the two units function very differently inside.

EDIT I just found this on another forum...

The army version is in the game(Used modded xbox). Go into the actual disc and execute the army.xbe file.

First of this is the stuff you saw from the old trailers where the hud is different.

Im just going to go through and list examples.

The HUD is different. You can actually take control of a man its called the N.U.D.G.E system and you can pin point exactly where you want him to look. So basically you can individually make the team look in different directions while in position.

The enviroment seems to be a major factor. Wind, ETC.

The controls are vastly different.

The graphics are worse. As in lower framerate, and V-sync tearing all over. Like some of the old videos.

Im not sure about being able to go inside building totally means.

There are alot of under passes and i have seen areas with stairs. Though I feel the civilian version is better. The controls are more streamlined.

Also in the army version there are civilians running around. They will even get in your face and scream how much they hate america. You can toggle them on or off.

Also when you go into that nudge mode I was taliking about. You can move the guy totally away from the group with the analog stick.

Some other notes.

There are only 6 maps. They are huge. Seem alot more open ended then the Civilian version. You have no GPS. So there is no ingame map.

The game is way more customizable.

You can pick wind conditions the experience o your troops.

MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THERE ARE 5 MEN TO A TEAM.

rpgreligion
06-03-2004, 03:09 PM
This game is well worth the 50 big ones. No, you do not actually shoot the weapons. This is a tactical-strategy game. You control two squads, alpha and beta. While the control system has a few complex commands, it is very user-friendly.

Oh, and trust me. The 45 minute training is well worth it.

The graphics are awesome. I especially love the camera. When your troops are running for cover, the camera shakes behind them adding to the intensity of the game. When one of your men are shot, the game goes into something similar to a cut scene. When it goes into slow motion, prepare to see the blood fly.

You definetly do not want your men to die in this game. If one of your men is killed you have to carry him all the way to a casavac center to treat his injuries.

Intense I tell you, intense!!

This mini-review has been presented by rpgreligion. :p

Edit: This game is so awesome on surround sound. :hump:

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 03:14 PM
RPG one of the things I thought was very cool about the game, is when one of the units is engaged with an enemy and perhaps say you give that unit the command to move to different cover, I love how the team leader actually raises his voice and yells over the gun fire.

JJaX
06-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Interesting post TRIR....

But in regards to:

"The HUD is different. You can actually take control of a man its called the N.U.D.G.E system and you can pin point exactly where you want him to look. So basically you can individually make the team look in different directions while in position."

You can do this in the game version, just hold R to bring up the fog of war, than press the D pad on the soldier you want to use, and select his individual target sector.

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
I know Jjax if you watch the developer demo where William Stahl talks about the NUDGE feature he demonstrates that.

rpgreligion
06-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Out of curiousity, is it just my disk/xbox, or do you guys have a problem with the sound skipping occasionally?

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
No problems here.

Slycat11
06-03-2004, 04:04 PM
No doubting this man i dont wanna play because i wanna save every minute and play forever.

JJaX
06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Out of curiousity, is it just my disk/xbox, or do you guys have a problem with the sound skipping occasionally?

Do you have a thompson drive? Because mine did it once or twice, but it was like .25 of a second sound cut. Im sure its because of my drive...

Its something you really have to listen for though, other wise you really wouldnt notice. But i had my 5.1 cranked up and I was loving the sound effects.

ghost 009
06-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Do you have a thompson drive? Because mine did it once or twice, but it was like .25 of a second sound cut. Im sure its because of my drive...

Its something you really have to listen for though, other wise you really wouldnt notice. But i had my 5.1 cranked up and I was loving the sound effects.
That has happned to me on the Hitman games but I'm not sure if it is the game or my disc drive. It says it is a dirty disc sometimes. I plan on getting this game tonight if my ****ing parents will take me. That and Rid****.

RockTheCasba
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
im on level 5 and its frieken sweet. i also would like to know how many levels?

ghost 009
06-05-2004, 07:47 PM
omg my parents are ****ing ***gots. I'm moving back to Ohio I dont think driving me to best buy is that big of a deal. I dont know when the **** I'm getting the game now.

:cuss: