PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone caught the 5-part story on videogames on ESPN?!?

mrmp3
06-03-2004, 01:59 PM
I caught two of'em. One was how using a steering wheel on Nascar Thunder helps train drivers and helps them memorize course. I thought that was cool. I misssed part 1 and 2.

Now I caught part 4 today, and it involved the whole "what a kid sees on TV they will re-enact in real life". It bashed every Midway Sports title and NFL Street. Now I generally didn't like Midway games since the first NFL Blitz, but I've played all 3 versions of NHL Hitz to DEATH! Basically since it's over the top fantasy sports, apparently kids are too stupid to go "that doesn't happen in real life". Their argument? Because it is officially endorsed and players likenesses are in the game, they will do what they see their sport heroes doing. I think they used "He sees Jeter on the back of his Jersey and punching people, he's going to get the impression that "It's ok to do this in real life". With all of this b*tching from people, the Blitz franchise has been CANNED indefintely. It's not coming out, according to the story.

I know as gamers we've all heard this crap before, but to specifically single out Midway is just flat out wrong. The doctor in part 4 has definetely never been laid so she's just pissy and wants to get back at the male race for not taking interest in her buzzard nose and shoddy personality.

Was the shot at EA and Midway intentional? I think so. If EA and Midway games are so bad for kids, what makes Sega Sports games good for kids? Either way, I think ESPN used this story as a cheap shot to lower sales in both Midway and EA Sports titles this coming year.

Please think before you speak.

Crazy Joe
06-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I caught two of'em. One was how using a steering wheel on Nascar Thunder helps train drivers and helps them memorize course. I thought that was cool. I misssed part 1 and 2.

Now I caught part 4 today, and it involved the whole "what a kid sees on TV they will re-enact in real life". It bashed every Midway Sports title and NFL Street. Now I generally didn't like Midway games since the first NFL Blitz, but I've played all 3 versions of NHL Hitz to DEATH! Basically since it's over the top fantasy sports, apparently kids are too stupid to go "that doesn't happen in real life". Their argument? Because it is officially endorsed and players likenesses are in the game, they will do what they see their sport heroes doing. I think they used "He sees Jeter on the back of his Jersey and punching people, he's going to get the impression that "It's ok to do this in real life". With all of this b*tching from people, the Blitz franchise has been CANNED indefintely. It's not coming out, according to the story.

I know as gamers we've all heard this crap before, but to specifically single out Midway is just flat out wrong. The doctor in part 4 has definetely never been laid so she's just pissy and wants to get back at the male race for not taking interest in her buzzard nose and shoddy personality. That probably explains why Jew Liberman is so against videogames. The ugly ***** of a wife he has right now was probably the only person that ever talked to him, so we basically know who's wearing the pants in that relationship, or maybe it's just because Liberman is simply a jew.

Was the shot at EA and Midway intentional? I think so. If EA and Midway games are so bad for kids, what makes Sega Sports games good for kids? Either way, I think ESPN used this story as a cheap shot to lower sales in both Midway and EA Sports titles this coming year.

What do you guys think?

i think anti-semetic remarks won't be tolerated around here.

mrmp3
06-03-2004, 03:15 PM
bud if that pic. in the avatar is you, you are the craziest mofo here.

Anywayz, I'm not anti-semitic, but when it comes to Jew Liberman I feel a POS like him I can say whatever I feel like. Sorry if I offended any jews out there, but you must admit he makes the Jewish community look bad.

mattgame
06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
I watched the shows they were good. I liked the one with Ray Lewis. He is a beast.

CRAYMAN
06-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Anywayz, I'm not anti-semitic, but when it comes to Jew Liberman I feel a POS like him deserves every insult I give. Sorry if I offended any jews out there, but you must admit he makes the Jewish community look bad.

I disagree, Lieberman's a pretty decent fella and you should edit your post.

xboxman_1
06-03-2004, 09:34 PM
bud if that pic. in the avatar is you, you are the craziest mofo here.

Anywayz, I'm not anti-semitic, but when it comes to Jew Liberman I feel a POS like him deserves every insult I give. Sorry if I offended any jews out there, but you must admit he makes the Jewish community look bad.

You shouldn't even look at it like that, if anything he makes liberals or the older generation look bad for being intolerant, not the Jewish community.

Soundscape
06-04-2004, 01:21 PM
the only person liberman makes look bad is himself.

...and i say don't edit the post. who really cares if he calls someone a jew...or a christian, muslim, or atheist? what difference does it make? let the guy state his opinion.
there's too much censorship in america as it already is. i think alot of people are too up tight or something.

revernd
06-04-2004, 02:25 PM
whatever happened to freedom of speech...

mrmp3
06-04-2004, 04:37 PM
if i said "k-i-k-e" then by all means I'd be anti-semitic. Jew is the term for a jewish person so there is nothing offensive by it.

So back on topic, what was the one about ray lewis on? Him being cover boy of madden and the curse of players who've been cover boy of madden?