PDA

View Full Version : New OXM Rumor Nintendo and MS joining forces?

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Apparently in the new OXM they dedicate a rather large section of the rumor mill to add fuel to this Nintendo/MS rumor. Can you imagine a console built by MS, supported by Nintendo, marketed in Japan with the Nintendo name while we keep the MS name here. There are so many rumors about this flying around. Both Nintendo and MS have deals with ATI for advanced graphics technology for their respective next consoles and they both have deals with IBM for processing chips. What if they are both one in the same machine?

Sony would = teh dead!

Spaztic
06-03-2004, 03:22 PM
having zelda, metroid, and some mario games on the xbox would be pretty coo!

bretman1234
06-03-2004, 03:22 PM
If this is true, it would be the single largest thing ever to happen in the gaming industry. 2 of the 3 big consoles out now, joining forces? I can't even imagine having Mario and Master Chief playable on the same console. One can only pray that OXM isn't pulling our chain again, like the time they said Brute Force would be good.

shapoopy
06-03-2004, 03:25 PM
super smash bros iwth Master chief, brutus, DOA 3 characters

GNARLEY dude

Reclaimer
06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
I don't see it happening as the rumor states. I don't see them joining forces persay.
What I see is Microsoft buying 49% of Nintendo's stock, and making Nintendo a 3rd party vendor.
That'll never happen by the way.
I would leave that in the rumor bag.

Sheeyt
06-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Reclaimer think about it though. If MS and Nintendo did this, this would help MS get its foot in the door in Japan. They work together on making a console, in Japan it keeps the Nintendo name in the states it keeps the Microsoft name. Then think Nintendo develops titles for the console and gets royalties for their franchise characters, while MS allows Bungie and Rare to develop for DS. There have been TONS of rumors flying around lately about a Halo game on DS. The idea is beautiful!

DolfanPlaya
06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
I doubt it that it will happen, but it would be awesome if it did. I can't imagine the sells it would get. Sony will get owned if this would happen in the future.

BananaMan
06-03-2004, 04:21 PM
One can only pray that OXM isn't pulling our chain again, like the time they said Brute Force would be good.

Lol, i got a laugh out of that. It'd be pretty cool if they join. :cheers:

Brutus
06-03-2004, 05:39 PM
If this is true, it would be the single largest thing ever to happen in the gaming industry. 2 of the 3 big consoles out now, joining forces? I can't even imagine having Mario and Master Chief playable on the same console. One can only pray that OXM isn't pulling our chain again, like the time they said Brute Force would be good.
Whatever, you non shooter, man...

RockTheCasba
06-03-2004, 06:08 PM
this'll be so fn sweet :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :

TOTTEN
06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
i love nintendo and i love m$(because of da almighty box) so that would be awsome.
on the super smash brothers thing it would be awsome witha mc, a elite, a brute, last but not least everyones favorite marine sgt. johnson from halo(the black guy who is giving the speech on the frst levels movie)
now let the smileys take it
:hump: :hump: :hail: xbox :hail: nintendo :cuss: sony

bretman1234
06-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Whatever, you non shooter, man...
LOL, didn't mean to offend you Brutus, its just that it was supposed to be "The Next Halo," and it ended up being "The Next Flop." :) I think the 0 Live support is what did it in.

l Maximus l
06-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Honestly, I'd believe it if I saw it...but, that would be, like someone said earlier, the single biggest thing in the video game industry to ever happen. I don't doubt that it could happen...I'm just not willing to bet either way if it does or doesn't at this point. :)

Cryogenic Pyro
06-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Reclaimer think about it though. If MS and Nintendo did this, this would help MS get its foot in the door in Japan. They work together on making a console, in Japan it keeps the Nintendo name in the states it keeps the Microsoft name. Then think Nintendo develops titles for the console and gets royalties for their franchise characters, while MS allows Bungie and Rare to develop for DS. There have been TONS of rumors flying around lately about a Halo game on DS. The idea is beautiful!
The idea is beautiful, but the graphics won't be, even if this rumor is true, which I doubt it is. The graphics on the DS are horrible. One step up from the GBA I must say, but at least two or three down from the PSP.

bostwick202
06-03-2004, 09:57 PM
First that would never happen, nintendo has said time and time again that the day it stops making console is the day that it goes out of business. Oh and the psp w/ its huge screen you can stare at it...until the battery dies in 3 minutes....

Variation-XBA
06-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Too bad it would never happen... ever

Sigma
06-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Chances are this will never happen, but anything is a possibility and it would make sense, but I would keep the Nintendo name on the console because Nintendo is the most well known video game company in the world. MS could just throw their logo on it somewhere. If this were to happen Sony would be knee deep in **** creek with no where to go, but down (console wise anyway).

BunnyRabbit
06-03-2004, 11:55 PM
One can only pray that OXM isn't pulling our chain again, like the time they said Brute Force would be good.

:rofl:
BWHAHAHAHAHAhahaha..Omg.. good one dude.

I think it would be the ultimate awesome to do that. I love some of Nintendos games.. (Zelda, Mario) I mean theyve got some goods Id just like to see make it to an Xbox quality console.. Thatd be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. :cheers:

l Maximus l
06-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Something to chew on: Both Microsoft and Nintendo of America are based in Redmond, WA.

DemonLoki
06-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Something to chew on: Both Microsoft and Nintendo of America are based in Redmond, WA.

They could CARPOOL!

This would be sweat, nintendo makes great games, about 5 of them per console. Thats five more great games the next xbox could have!

Sheeyt
06-04-2004, 05:39 AM
Nintendo wouldn't offical stop making consoles they would work on the console together with MS.

bostwick202
06-04-2004, 06:26 AM
God I cant wait for the New legend of zelda. Has anyone else seen the trailer? Its right up there with halo 2 for most anticipated IMO.

wbio
06-04-2004, 07:27 AM
bwahahaha

Anyways, this would be sweet, but I kind of doubt it will happen, though there do seem to be a lot of similarities between Nintendo and Microsoft's next-gen consoles :watchout:

mattgame
06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Not gonna happen. Why would Nintendo sell out? They are not struggling, they have the handheld market sown up, they have the DS coming out. Maybe they'll stop making consoles and join with Microsoft for that but that's all that I can realistically foresee.

OC Noob
06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Quick note:

The GC chip was made by a smaller company that ATI bought out so they could have their name on a console, like NVidia did. ATI much later won the bid for Xbox 2 gfx chip over NVidia, because NVidia really didn't like the deal. IMO, ATI make better cards too so it was a logical choice for gfx chip producer for Xbox 2.

IBM is the master at console chip fabricating. They have some of the best fabs in the world and were willing to do more than Intel was, at a better price. IBM makes chips for all three of the next gen consoles.

Thus, its not as if Nintendo and MS got togather and agreed on one hardware manufacturer and the hardware will likely be very different. Based off the same architecture? Likely. Identical hardware that is coded identically? Hardly likely.

That said, I love the idea, but doubt Nintendo has the sense to make the right decision. They are after all pushing Gameboy/GC connectivity like its the end all of gaming when only about 1% of console gamers actually play games consistantly with 4 friends that all have Gameboys. If they can't even understand the concept of online gaming I doubt they will understand the benifits of killer hardware and gaming titles that DON'T have cartoon characters in them.

Those old *******s running Nintendo are stupid, and eventually, the lack of third party support will kill their console. They better pray DS is as good as PSP.

Sheeyt
06-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Nintendo refuses to admit they have lost touch with console gamers. As good as Mario, Zelda and their other first party games are they can't carry the system. People that used to play the original NES and SNES are now grown, and want more mature games not the same kiddy stuff, but Nintendo refuses to except this.

jelgiad
06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
God I cant wait for the New legend of zelda. Has anyone else seen the trailer? Its right up there with halo 2 for most anticipated IMO.

Yeah, its a shame i found out about it 2 months after i sold my gamecube :bang:

As everyone else is saying, I'd love to be able to play metroid, zelda, some mario's, and smash brothers w/o having to but a secondary console to go along side of my box. But i think its highly unlikely that this will happen. PROVE ME WRONG MS & NINTENDO. PROVE ME WRONG :D

SoundX
06-05-2004, 12:54 PM
It would be the Revolution of the Gaming Market, and also the last nail in Sony's coffin.

Which means, I'm up for it! :)

Yeah, my two fave gaming companies together would be awsome, and would probably save me alot of money. Wouldn't hurt Nintendo either, get some more mature publicity.

And that would mean that Nintendo had MS's full support with the DS, things would never be better.

But meh, it will never happen, I mean, Nintendo do seem to be getting back on their feet and the GBA outsells the PS2 each month, unless the PSP really steals the handheld market, I can't see it happening.

ghost 009
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
I dont know how that could but it could be good or it could be bad. That is probally the reason why they are taking out the harddrive though. It would be nothing like the xbox though.

edited:why the **** do I keep saying "though"?

Brutus
06-07-2004, 10:25 AM
You know, with the introduction of XSN's new form, then mix in Nintendo's Penny Pinching old geezers, you make a good hype. Maybe, just maybe.
Although looking at all times past, (Sega, 3DO, Atari... Etc.) They've all become multi-platform game publishers. If Nintendo is going to fold, it'd be in there best interest to go multiplatform as well.
Unless we here something from Micro$oft themselves, I'm not going to believe it. You know.