PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw the light.

Fonzie
06-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,
This is my first post here on xbox addict. I finally got fed up with the gamecube and them not getting any of the games that I wanted so I decided Im gonna get xbox. Im just asking for some advice for some must haves on xbox. Im gonna get xbc and xbl so if you have any must haves for those two please share. The only one right now on my must-have is R63. I played that online and it was a blast. O yah, I like FPS and sports games but if there is a must have throwit out there too.

Thanks in advance, Fonzie.

Duke
06-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Full Spectrum Warrior
Rainbow (but sounds like you're already getting that one)
Crimson Skies (might want to rent first though)
ESPN Football 2k4 (should be able to pick it up cheap)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Honestly, most live titles are good, it's all just a matter of taste.

-edit- and welcome to xba.

Sigma
06-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Must Haves
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Ninja Gaiden
HALO
Crimison Skies
Project Gotham Racing 2
Full Spectrum Warrior
Chronicles of Rid****
Metal Arms
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Top Spin
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Thats all the must haves I can think of for right now.

No Fear 23
06-05-2004, 11:36 AM
welcome to the forums! :cheers:

xbc is free in case u didnt know that. for that..i would get halo

for xbl...RS3 or Ghost Recon IT. but i would pick Rs3 bc theres alot of ppl still playing it.

Shadow20002
06-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Welcome to XBA !!! :)

ghost 009
06-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi guys,
This is my first post here on xbox addict. I finally got fed up with the gamecube and them not getting any of the games that I wanted so I decided Im gonna get xbox. Im just asking for some advice for some must haves on xbox. Im gonna get xbc and xbl so if you have any must haves for those two please share. The only one right now on my must-have is R63. I played that online and it was a blast. O yah, I like FPS and sports games but if there is a must have throwit out there too.

Hey I got rid of my gamecube too. When it first came super smash brothers was awesome and I thought it had the best graphics any game has ever had. I also played Resident Evil then I saved in a bad spot. I was expecting it to be a lot like da N64 but it turns out the xbox was more similar to it.
I pretty much bought the xbox because of Halo and fps's so...

Halo
Rainbow Six 3
Ghost Recon Island Thunder
It should be a crime not have Halo if you have an xbox :D

Hard Boiled Cop
06-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Ninja Gaiden is a must.

rolling stone
06-05-2004, 12:22 PM
i've traded a lot of my games over the years, but the ones i still own and play from time to time are halo, jet set radio future, prject gotham, rainbow six, nba live 2004, and i'm currently playing beyond good & evil - which is worth the 20 bucks if you haven't played it yet by the way. i've heard thief is great, i'll be picking it up this week.

splinter cell is awesome, too.

Slowride
06-05-2004, 12:28 PM
For football wait for ncaa 2005. It will be on live and it is clearly head and shoulders above the competition.

SoundX
06-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Well of course you gotta have Halo, also look into Spinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Rallisports Challenge 2 (awsome game, got it yesterday), GTA Double Pack, Knights of the Old Republic, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Project Gotham 2, R6, Jet Set Radio Future and Ninja Gaiden.

Holt88
06-05-2004, 01:06 PM
With sports, Madden 04 and ESPN 2K4 should be cheap games to buy, atleast I think so, or rent and then see. It's kinda hard cause alot of people on here like ESPN and I like Madden.

Now for Basketball, get ESPN....Live is just not doing it, while it is getting better, ESPN makes you work for baskets, not like in Live where you can drive into the lane and dunk it every time.

Soccer, get FIFA 2004 or Euro 2004, I havn't played FIFA yet but Euro 2004 is the engine they are using on FIFA 2005. In case you don't know, Euro is the Europeon championship that features 51 Europeon national teams, FIFA has national teams including clubs. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

With hockey. ESPN is a great all around game, so is the gameplay...I've always liked Hockey from Sega Sports.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Welcome to XBA Fonzie.
You might wanna give these a look:
Unreal Championship
HALO
Ninja Gaiden
Full Spectrum Warrior
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

As Far as sports Go:
ESPN Football 2005(Coming in August)
ESPN Baskeball 2005(Coming in August)...or any other sports your like cuz Sega Sports is doin the dam thing right now, so you really can't loose even if you pick up an ESPN 2004 game.

AloneInTheDark
06-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Well I suggest only a few games, that I consider 'must haves', that really prove that the xbox is the best in it's class, well, the only in it's class.

Ninja Gaiden, it looks beautiful, plays great, and it's one of the best action games, ever.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is beautiful, and it's got a great story, one of my all time faviortes, you may want to rent it though, it's not for everyone.

The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay, it's hands down, the best looking game you'll play on the Xbox till Half Life 2/Doom 3

Full Spectrum Warrior, just a great all around game.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow, looks great, and is a blast online!

Rainbow Six 3: Great game to play online.

Koopa
06-05-2004, 04:45 PM
dont get rid of your cube just yet...wouldn't wan to miss out on the new Zelda, Metroid Prime two, or Resident Evil 4 wouldja?

but yeah i used to be in your situation...GC just didn't have enough good games, especially earlier in its life, so i saved up my pennies for an xbox.

l Maximus l
06-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the XBA brethren...

Halo is the only game you need...then Halo 2 this November 9th. All other games suck in comparison, IMO.

sped
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Halo
Prince of Persia
MechAssault
Madden 04 and ESPN 2k4(they're both great)
Live 04(ESPN's game is too easy on the hardest difficulty)
ESPN hockey 2k4(far better than EA's game)
Fifa 2004(just as good as euro but with more teams)
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow
Rainbow Six 3
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Full Spectrum Warrior
Fight Night 2004(great boxing game)
Rallisport Challenge 2

I'm a hardcore sports fan, so if you need more suggestions on sports games, hit me up sometime.

Unreal
06-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi guys,

You are pretty much assured of getting some pretty cool games with just the releases this year alone. But here are some you should take a look at:

1. Ninja Gaiden
2. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
3. Metal Slug 3
4. Thief Deadly Shadow
5. Full Spectrum Warrior
6. Rid****
7. RalliSport Challenge 2
8. Panzer Dragoon Orta
9. Project Gotham Racing 2
10. Crimson Skies High Road To Revenge
11. Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic
12. Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time
and 13. Beyon Good & Evil

I can list alot of more impressive Xbox games, but this should tide you offer for some choices for now. Im not a big Sports Game fan, so I will leave those choices for the other members :D Weclome aboard.