PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Countdown/ Excitement Thread!!!

xboxpebbles
01-18-2002, 06:57 PM
well, less than a month to go...
we r still waiting for our awsome
hit-breaking 1st xbox rpg..
and we already know its almost
gonna be a sure success!!:D
so..while ur checking out morrowind.com
(i think thats the official site..not sure)
and reading about it in ur newest OXM..
come back here and share some news,
gossip, and facts about morrowind..
well, as of today, we know that
it is coming out either feb. 15 or 16th..
and i cant wait
:eek:

monkeyman
01-18-2002, 07:01 PM
ahhhh yes morrowwind thats gonna be my next game so it better come fast cause all the games i have right now i have beat so i have no use for my xbox and also i cant go online with my xbox cause of some agreement *** thing grrrrrrrrrr it ****es me off

xboxpebbles
01-18-2002, 07:31 PM
i had a nice pg. typed out w/ the release date,
countdown, and some info for those
who dont know much about the game..
sorry..i got kicked off ..lol
it got erased:(
well, anyways...only
28-29 days, depending on
what the release date is...
but..we cant wait!!!:D :D :eek:

xboxpebbles
01-18-2002, 08:21 PM
well, to start out...
this game is amazing....:)
it is the 1st real rpg for xbox
and there is a great(most definite chance)
it is a breakthrough and must-buy for the genre..
project ego is another game put in this category..
the world is amazing..awsome graphics, classes and
forms of people and creatures... outside places to
explore(miles beyond miles!)
u can pick up about everything u see...
(cont in next post)

xboxpebbles
01-18-2002, 08:23 PM
[sorry about that--wouldnt let me post it all)

...there is a consequence and a reward
for everything u do in the game...
u wanna go through and stick to the story? in 60-100
hours u could... but, there are "hundreds" of hours of
subquests and things to do..
u create what u want to be and represent in
the game and make choices that affect the later
choices in the game..
join a guild..cure a disease... rob a house...
kill a victim... slay a monster..save the town..
anything..its up to u what u want to do..
well, this is just the beginning off the top of my head..
hope its not too long:):):)
HOW CAN U RESIST MORROWIND:D :D :D :) :cool:
:confused: i cant:confused:

RPGr
01-18-2002, 08:29 PM
I can't wait for Morrowind either. I have it pre-ordered at Babbages. They told me the release date is March 15th. And so far, they've been pretty accurate.

Hey Monkeyman, I'm in Nebraska too! The big O.

xboxpebbles
01-19-2002, 07:59 PM
this was taken from a preview from Jeff Brown at
allrpg.com:::

Before I dive into the specifics of Morrowind's gameplay, control, and whatnot, I must take a moment to really explain how amazingly beautiful this game is. Although details such as weather haven't been set into place yet, the environments of Morrowind are a spectacle to look at. Everything has a very high polygon count, which means that realism is the name of this game. The natural environments, meaning trees, foliage, and the like, look especially convincing. Towns are also very diverse and have atmospheres all their own. Morrowind definitely looks to be a world within itself.

Ahem. Now that I've gotten that out, onto the more important points. Played from a first person perspective, Morrowind is an RPG that literally lets players shape the life of their character. We're not just talking character appearance or history, but what that character becomes, and how they are perceived within the world. Of course the gender, age, race, and appearance specifics of your alter ego are at disposal, but everything the character is and does has an effect on the game.

Morrowind is full of different types of creatures; from humans to elves, each character is perceived differently by the non-player-controlled creatures (NPC's) in the game. This has an enormous effect on how each individual progresses through the title, for example...perhaps the Dark Elfs don't much like the Wood Elfs, therefore you couldn't enlist within their ranks. Choices made at the start of the game effect where you can go, and who you can talk to. Mr. Orc may be hospitable to an injured human, but may very well finish off a dying Aragonian.

Aside from NPC relations, players still possess the world at their fingertips. Characters can learn a large assortment of skills and trades, and these in turn can help shape them into whatever profession one may desire. Professions, like race, will also play a role in how characters are perceived; no one much likes an assassin for a best friend, and may not divulge information or hospitality as willingly.

Speaking of hospitality, you as the player can completely disregard that moral concept! Freedom is what Morrowind is all about, and we all know that freedom allows for some fairly profitable means. The entire world is alive, as stated above, but not just in forests and mountains; villages are full of houses and people, each one going about their daily business. The perfect opportunity to steal some goodies from the unsuspecting masses! What players see in the game, they can touch, eat, read, and take. Of course, our mothers scolded us in childhood about the penalties of theft, and those penalties haven't been forgotten in Morrowind. When caught, players are punished in the game, and depending on the owner of said stolen goods, it could be as light as a scolding, or as intense as imprisonment.

Of course, Morrowind wouldn't be a very entertaining RPG without some fighting, and it delivers that! You have the availability of weapon attacks, as well as magic, and as everything is played from a first person view, enemies are easily in sight. There are numerous weapons available to players, and each will of course handle differently from the last. For those of you who played Daggerfall (an excellent PC RPG, the second title in the Elder Scrolls series), the magic system in Morrowind is pretty much the same. Spells are learned, but can be combined to give birth to new adaptations. This allows for a lot of nifty customization, as well as experimentation.

These skills can be put to good use in the game, but if you're bored with side-quests or your characters field of employment, there are always dungeons and monsters to be fought across the land. If that doesn't float your boat, there is a design editor that allows for players to design whatever their little hearts desire. Towns, dungeons, landscapes, you name it. From what we've heard, created landscapes and towns can be integrated into the main game, which will surely make for a huge replay factor. That, added on to the immense build of the game itself, makes Morrowind an experience that will surely last a lifetime!

For more information on this HIGHLY anticipated RPG, keep your beady little eyes locked on to AllRPG.com for new details!

WOW>....>>>>doesnt that sound great:):):):)

:p :p

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Part of the visual appeal of Morrowind will be tied to the fact that you can go practically anywhere and see almost anything on Vvardenfell. The world of Morrowind looks beautiful simply because it promises a tremendous variety of environments, times of day, and even weather patterns (rain, wind, and volcanic eruptions are simulated). Most of the game's architecture is built from prefabricated structures that allowed the developers to quickly populate the island with vegetation and structures; however, considering the variety and randomness built into each of the prefabs that we've seen, it's doubtful you take too much notice. Morrowind's textures are colorful and detailed, and while polygon counts aren't astronomical (between 5,000 and 10,000 per person), characters feature a good amount of detail and locations appear lush and organic. Fogging is varied, though it still comes off as an overused atmospheric effect--one that will hopefully be toned down before the game's release.

Gameplay takes place from a third-person perspective (which can be adjusted to a first-person view if you prefer). And like most PC RPGs, you must design your character before you can begin. Morrowind offers more than 25 skills (including traits such as personality, luck, and thievery) to build upon, as well as some unique racial choices: the Redguard, who are quick and powerful warriors; the Bretons, intelligent and powerful sorcerers; Nords, who are tall, quick, and resistant to cold; and the Khajiits, who are feline thieves. Additionally, you have aristocratic Imperials and Argonians--both intelligent races--though Argonians are more predisposed toward immorality. And finally, you can also choose from three different elfin subclasses: "high," (magically inclined) "dark," (warriors) and "wood" (thieves and archers). Your race selection is important because many of these races have a natural dislike for one another, meaning you may get along well with some while becoming an instant enemy of others. Your individual statistics, equipment, and reputation further complicate relations with nonplayer characters (NPCs) since they all work to affect others' dispositions toward you. "Disposition" is synonymous with respect in Morrowind--an NPC with a high disposition number indicates friendly feelings toward you, while low numbers bespeak antipathy. If you're a smooth talker or a charismatic figure, dialogue is an easy way to up your disposition points; however, characters without the gift of gab will have to let their appearance or actions do the talking. You can improve your appearance statistic by wearing expensive armor, while actions, like "admire," "intimidation," or "taunt," can also influence disposition, albeit with some specific (and sometimes unpleasant) side effects.

Ths part with wearing expensive armor to look tough is awesome, this game it so in-depth, its amazing.

But I didnt see anything about it in the OXM...I have the latest issue (Feb.) and I saw something about Enclave (which also looks spectacular)...but no Morrowind...ill look again later.

Hey Squaresoft, THIS is how to make a REAL RPG, you dumb *****ers!

xboxpebbles
01-19-2002, 08:07 PM
then post it here!!!:D
thanks!!;) :) :D

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 08:09 PM
And...

does anybody know if you can create your own type of character (not just a guy with a sword), is there magic spells and stuff too? and can you fight NPC's...like guards and stuff?

This is going to be my second-next game...Wreckless im gettin first...and if Enclave comes out in the USA, im gettin that too...

xboxpebbles
01-19-2002, 08:25 PM
glad u changed ur mind about this game...
its gonna rock...thanks for the info..i love
reading about this game:eek:
lol..well, as of ur questions...i am searching
for more info... and the official morrowind site
tells a lot about that stuff...(but it is leaned
toward the pc version)
about ur questions...im pretty sure
they r all YES!
there are spells, u can "create"
or more of customize your own
character..ex..u wanna be a thief?
u wanna be a leader? u wanna save
and cure problems? u wanna be a
mage? u can become anything u want...
not only can u fight the guards, but they will
actually come after u if u are caught doing things
u shouldnt:confused: wow..! npcs are a very
important part of the game also..
hope this helps!!!
ps..i tried to im ya, but ur blocked:(
ill try again in about 10 mins..lol

xboxpebbles
01-19-2002, 09:00 PM
from all that
i can tell, im pretty
sure the release date
i FEB. 15, so mark ur calandars:cool:
:D well, just wanted to tell ya!
also..stores that u can preorder this at
r stores like electronics botique, babbages,
best buy maybe?, etc..
just in case..lol
:D :D

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 12:08 AM
the more you get anxious about a game and investigate it too much and devote sooo much time looking at screenshots and reading everything possible about the game, the worse the game turns out to be...see Diablo 2, Black and White, Anarchy Online, DoA3, etc (but of course then theres halo!)...you just think the game is going to be SOOO good, and it just isint possible if you get a high bar up for the game to jump over...games with not that of a high anticipation can some times be better like GTA3 but then there are always games destined to failure because they dont offer anything special like Kubuti Warriors

The Terminator
01-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Yea, this game is definately a must-have.

I haven't been playing my xbox lately w/ midterms and all, plus, I've only got 3 games... I'm sure that'll change Feb 15... They'll have to drag me away from the TV! =]

In Daggerfall, I loved creating a stupid thief-mage, and robbing towns blind, then selling stolen goods back to the same retailer in the morning. The ultimate thing in NPC stupidity right there. =]

xboxpebbles
01-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by The Terminator
Yea, this game is definately a must-have.

I haven't been playing my xbox lately w/ midterms and all, plus, I've only got 3 games... I'm sure that'll change Feb 15... They'll have to drag me away from the TV! =]

In Daggerfall, I loved creating a stupid thief-mage, and robbing towns blind, then selling stolen goods back to the same retailer in the morning. The ultimate thing in NPC stupidity right there. =]

so..there r some ppl here
who played the other 2?
i havent, but ppl sure are taking
that on how good morrowind will
be..
so..any1 have any opinions on the 1st 2
games?
lol..i cant wait!!!!:eek:

xboxpebbles
01-20-2002, 08:49 PM
hey..for some more news,
check out the official site at:
morrowind.com
there are forums, news,etc..
well, post w/ any new info:)

DOOM
01-21-2002, 12:25 AM
The role-playing genre was changed vigorously in 1993, when Bethesda Softworks released The Elder Scrolls I: Arena, what they didn’t know is that the game would become the roots of one of the best RPG series ever created. The game featured a huge interactive world, filled with dozens of communities and locations for the players to explore. Three years later, 1996, the company released Daggerfall, the sequel to the award winning title. For the past 5 years, gamers around the world have been waiting impatiently for a third RPG that would bring the series back to life. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind combines the best from both Arena and Daggerfall with a complete list of new gameplay elements.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1135.jpg
What makes Morrowind such an impressive title is its deep storyline. The game takes place on a volcanic island named Vvardenfell, in Tamriel, a far away planet. The opening scene places you in a prison, where you will have a decision that will influence the rest of your playing time; either help your fellow jailers complete a series of quests in order to earn your freedom or plan a well strategized escape yourself. Before heading out to the real world, you will be asked a small series of questions which will in fact help design your player and his class in the game. There is no need to worry about boundaries and the computer telling you that you are not able to do this and that, Morrowind allows the player to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1138.jpg
Gradually destroying the island is something called The Blight, which is supposedly the main quest of the game. But there is no need to worry about running out of things to do, because attached to the main quest of the game is a hundred hours of sub-quests, sure to keep everyone entertained. To make it more realistic, an extra feature has been added, enabling players to tell the difference between day and night. The game has no right or wrong ending, so feel free to play the way you’d like.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1130.jpg
Morrowind’s world is filled with around 30 different towns and villages, each with their own unique aspects, and adventures. These towns and villages are huge, the downside being that most, if not all, of your traveling will be made by foot, so make sure to buy some Nike’s before you pop Morrowind into your Xbox. To make players feel like they are really in the game, the developers have added thousands of Non-Player Characters (NPC’s) for you to interact with. These people will be very important, as they will be the one’s to situate you in your quest(s). Books will be scattered around the island, it is not absolutely necessary to read all 200-some books, but it would be a good idea to build up a general knowledge of what exactly you are pursuing.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1127.jpg
There is no need to worry about getting bored of the same looking characters in Morrowind because the game will feature several choose able races such as; warriors, thieves, sorcerers and elves, just to name a few. You will need to pick the race to better suit you, keeping in mind that the race you choose will affect the way you interact with the people in your environment. You may walk down the street and get mean grins for the way you are dressed, or maybe people will come up to you and try to be your friend because you look like a person of power… this is all part of the unique gameplay experience. These cool features set a new standard for replay ability, yet again.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image589.jpg
Your character can be controlled in 2 different perspectives, first or third person, depending on which you prefer. When choosing a character, you must pick five minor and five major skills, helping give more of a personality to your character. Picking your skills will not be an easy task; you will have nine combat, stealth and magic skills to choose from, this is another thing that increases the game’s replay ability value. As default, every player is equipped with all 27 skills, but like System Shock II, you need to build them up from a very low level.
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1123.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/177/image1137.jpg
I Cant Wate For This Freaking Game!!!!!!!

manchufu
01-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Frostberg, you didn't actually make fun of kabuki warriors....did you? I went to funcoland yesterday and bought a used copy of it, and let me tell you, if your incredebly board of all your other games, and need somthing to do, this game is tight! well, marrowind looks tight as hell too, just sayin, KABUKI!

xboxpebbles
01-21-2002, 12:04 PM
DOOM...nice screenshots!!!!
sounds great...
i cant wait either:D :D
25 days till feb 15th...WOOO!!
:cool:

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Electronics Boutique told me that they will have it in their stores on Feb 16th, just in case anyone wanted to know.

xboxpebbles
01-21-2002, 12:29 PM
i think im gonna
preorder morrowind at
E.B. next weekend:D

gtaplayer
01-21-2002, 12:30 PM
hey guys lets not hype up this game to much before it turns out 2 be not what we expect, i have nly 1 game (max payne) and i am waiting to get this 1 it looks like sure bet any1 kno any facts about when it is being released in the eastern part of the us??

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
hey guys lets not hype up this game to much before it turns out 2 be not what we expect, i have nly 1 game (max payne) and i am waiting to get this 1 it looks like sure bet any1 kno any facts about when it is being released in the eastern part of the us??

Gtaplayer...dude, before you get any other game, get Halo. Halo should be mandatory :D

DOOM
01-21-2002, 04:58 PM
XBOX Should Come Bundled With HALO!

xboxpebbles
01-21-2002, 05:09 PM
u like max payne and dont have halo?
lol..cumon!
j/k:)
anyways...morrowind will probably
do more than live up to its hype..
like DOOM said, there is lots of backround
and experience from Bethesda...
any1 else have any news on the game?
:D :) :cool:

xboxpebbles
01-22-2002, 05:30 AM
try looking on some sites
for morrowind screens..
like funxbox.com
teamxbox.com(yes..lol)
or any of the links on xba..
ive found some different ones..
hey...wont be long now!lol

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 02:17 PM
yeah no shi*t i have been looking at some of the higher res screens at their home page, and they are nothing short of very impressive

XAddict
01-22-2002, 08:40 PM
How do u fight in this game. Is it the very annoying way like in final fantasy or is it different?

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 08:47 PM
you use the right analog to fight, you hold down an attack button then push the stick in either the left right or top side each performing a slash stab or something else, then you have to aim too for there are weaknesses, a throat hit would hurt more than an elbow hit

BiohazardEHW
01-22-2002, 09:29 PM
At least its not that *** 'your turn, my turn' BS in the FF games...somebody should teach Squaresoft how to make a REAL rpg...

And can you pick up stuff and carry it in your inventory in Morrowind? And is there some sort of magic recall to travel easier?

wizkid918
01-23-2002, 03:35 PM
less than 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xboxpebbles
01-24-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by wizkid918
less than 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awsome:):)
so..what r u gonna do
while u r waiting??
MORROWIND...less than
3 weeks..WOHOOOO:D

xboxpebbles
01-24-2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
At least its not that *** 'your turn, my turn' BS in the FF games...somebody should teach Squaresoft how to make a REAL rpg...

And can you pick up stuff and carry it in your inventory in Morrowind? And is there some sort of magic recall to travel easier?

yes..u can pick up stuff and carry it in ur inventory..
i dont think everything, but im pretty sure u can
pick it up and "carry" it...
2nd..i think most travels will be walking..
which ain't too bad..i cant wait:eek: :)