PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Games

steverup
06-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Need as many opinions on what is the best 2004 hockey game when it comes to gameplay, graphics, etc...

There are so many games, I want to know which one is the most satisfying.

Thanks!

aircobra
06-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Hands down ESPN NHL Hockey.

sped
06-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Hands down ESPN NHL Hockey.

Agreed. Best. Hockey. Game. Ever.

jack talent
06-06-2004, 02:02 PM
NHLPA 93 and 94 are the only good hockey games(snes). Hockey games have been on a downfall since then. BTW, i hate hockey..... and i'm Canadian.

p.s. Blades of Steele was pretty good too.

mrmp3
06-06-2004, 08:53 PM
This year, I think ESPN Hockey will win no question. But last year, the check animations were pretty lame and I just didn't get any satisfaction (excluding when someone got sent over the boards) whenever I did I check. There was only a few checking animations. This year though, they've made it a priority into making the hits better. One other thing I don't like is how franchise judges player salary via points instead of money.

Compared to NHL though, the goalie AI logic is LIGHTYEARS ahead of EA. Also, Franchise in NHL didn't have an injury report you could look at cept the day after the injury. So if you simmed more than 2 days you don't have a clue to how long your player is out (very basic feature but it was nowhere to be seen). And Hitz, I thought Pro was watered down compared to 2004 w/o all the secrets and mini-games. Plus, the penalty system in that was just awful. The computer never got called for anything. One thing ESPN didn't have was catchup logic. I could be up ahead 4-1 in NHL and 3 goals in a row would be scored. It was insane. Hitz you could turn it off but for the most part it didn't make a difference. So go for ESPN. It should be one to remember.

Spic_Tacular26
06-06-2004, 11:32 PM
I havent had the luxury of playing ESPN NHL Hockey yet, but i have played NHL 2004 made by EA sports. is there a real difference in the 2? does espn have a dynasty mode also?

bullmonk
06-07-2004, 02:39 AM
i dunno, ive got mixed feelings between the two, for one, the goaltending is definetly better in espn, but i found that nhl feels a bit more realistic, but thats just me.

SilentTango
06-07-2004, 04:58 AM
ESPN NHL 2K4, but I have never played any other 2004 hockey games.

brozz
06-07-2004, 09:59 AM
ESPN is a more of a hockey "simulator".
EA is more of an "arcade" style game.
To me there's no comparison, ESPN (Sega) is better by far.

Brutus
06-07-2004, 12:19 PM
I don't know. If you like hockey like most of us. It's without a doubt ESPN. If you can't really watch it but you like to play it exclusively then HITZ is more your style. LIVE can be a big factor with this year's.
Sorry, I can't recommend Microsofts though. Even though I played it and liked it, there's a Red Wing on the cover. Closed my eyes immediately.
Hey, what do you expect from a guy that Bleeds Blue?