PDA

View Full Version : Interplay offices Shut Down by State Officials

CRAYMAN
06-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Interplay is about to be evicted and has stopped paying employees' salaries and workers compensation so the state officials came in and basically shut them down.
Something smells rotten in Cali.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchnews.asp?newsid=140998

rpgreligion
06-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Ah man. That's horrible news. Interplay has made some great games in the past. :(

bostwick202
06-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Interplay did make some great games, but it must've been pretty rough for the state troopers to come in. I can imagine them braking into the CEO's office and holding him up at gun point. Like in that Chapelle's show episode.

sped
06-08-2004, 01:54 AM
Interplay did make some great games, but it must've been pretty rough for the state troopers to come in. I can imagine them braking into the CEO's office and holding him up at gun point. Like in that Chapelle's show episode.
:rofl: I love that segment

Um...I dont even remember what games interplay made, anything recent?

CrazyCougar
06-08-2004, 10:16 AM
One big title they published would be the Baldur's Gate series.

CRAYMAN
06-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Fallout???

yall
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Interplay has a sh*tload of games under its belt, and more importantly, very good games at that.

Do a search and you'll see just how many great titles they had their stamp on them.

cuda_man
06-08-2004, 09:34 PM
:rofl: I love that segment

Um...I dont even remember what games interplay made, anything recent?

Interplay made a few of my favorites, namely the Redneck Rampage series, the Descent series, as well as Tempest 2000 for the PC and Sega Saturn and Tempest X for the Playstation that were ports of the Atari Jaguar game. Interplay acquired the publishing rights for the T2k series from Atari (the computer/video game one) after the incompetent Tramiel family ran Atari into the ground :mad: