PDA

View Full Version : The Ghost of Master Chief

Brutus
06-07-2004, 06:23 PM
This may or may not have already been found but I find it very interesting all the same.
In the Level 2 Betrayals when you've gotta' blow up the 3 Pulse Generators, I found a true ghost of Master Chief. You can too!
It's a shame that this is one of the longest levels but as long as you save your game at the last check point it won't be to hard.
Basically, after you jump into the Banshee and take to the air, Guilty Sparks minions will try to shoot you out of the air, but just blow them outta' the sky and make sure you get yourself some grenades on that platform there. Now when you go running in there stand before the pulse generator and let those Minion's of Guilty Spark continue to laser you because you don't want your shields at all.
Once your health starts falling, walk into the Generator and cause it to go off. Once it does, all the minions will fall and Cortana will start telling you, "That's it. It's done." That's when you throw 2 to 3 grenades.
Then the screen will start to go white as it get's ready to go into the cutscene.
Usually she'd go on to explain how the Monitor moves about so quickly and needless to say we should only try this once.
Instead, after throwing your grenades, the screen will go white into the cutscene, only instead of the norm. Cortana stops talking. It shows Master Chief do a belly flop onto the ground after the explosion. Right behind him is "The Ghost of Master Chief" Or, where the cutscene is supposed to be, only you're standing their looking at yourself die.
Instead of Cortana going off and talking like she normally does, nothing is said and it loads the next level.
I thought it was pretty cool. What do you guys think?

ghost 009
06-07-2004, 06:38 PM
I'll have to try that out.

LiquidX
06-07-2004, 06:52 PM
You can do that on a lot of levels. Usually I do it on Assault on the Control Room. I take a banshee to the big door that triggers the cutscene and hit the switch. Quickly I get in the banshee and go forward. When it goes to the cutscene the MC gets killed and another is walking to the control panel.

Also, on The Silent Cartographer, you can take a warthog down into the underpart. Drive it to the right and the cutscene will start. The MC in the warthog dies, the one thats supposed to be in the cutscene is frozen at the end of the platform, and the rock he kicks flys off by itself.

I cant do these every time but after a couple tries i get it. Pretty funny to watch.

BunnyRabbit
06-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Oh ive done something like that on multiplayer
I flew a banshee over the finish and dropped out and it fell on me and I saw it with a different MC in front of him talking to cortana.. It was teh funnay.

Brutus
06-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Also, on The Silent Cartographer, you can take a warthog down into the underpart. Drive it to the right and the cutscene will start. The MC in the warthog dies, the one thats supposed to be in the cutscene is frozen at the end of the platform, and the rock he kicks flys off by itself.

Yeah. The big door, I can see how it would be possible to ghost yourself there, But in Silent Cartographer, if my memory serves me right, you can't get that door open. Even after you've unlocked the Security Codes. The big Monstrosity won't even fit in the door. Right?

LiquidX
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah. The big door, I can see how it would be possible to ghost yourself there, But in Silent Cartographer, if my memory serves me right, you can't get that door open. Even after you've unlocked the Security Codes. The big Monstrosity won't even fit in the door. Right?

Nah you can get it in there. You just have to use another Warthog to push it in from behind. A couple full speed hits from behind and it goes right in. If you get stuck a grenade or 2 will finish the job. Funny thing is, if you have marines in the warthog they wont shoot any of the enemies down there.

Brutus
06-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Nah you can get it in there. You just have to use another Warthog to push it in from behind. A couple full speed hits from behind and it goes right in. If you get stuck a grenade or 2 will finish the job. Funny thing is, if you have marines in the warthog they wont shoot any of the enemies down there.
Whooh! I'm definitely going to try that tonight!

Brutus
06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
You know, seeings how much of this stuff we're doing, it makes me realize how badly we need HALO 2.
-"Amen to that brother!"

Brutus
06-09-2004, 12:45 PM
I just shoved that warthog through there with another warthog just last night! Woohoo!
Ahhhh hahahahah!