PDA

View Full Version : X-box on the net: how easy?

xtopia14
01-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Okay here is my setup:
X-box
4 computers hooked up to a 5 outlet hub
AT&T broadband
I know you guys probably need more info to help but I am a newbie especially to computers. so all know is i have 4 comps on AT&T Cable. But with that in mind how hard and long will it take me to get my box on the net. or should i just wait till summer because im a moron?

sinizuh
01-19-2002, 02:11 AM
connecting xbox to your network will be the same now as it will be in the summer...

take a network cable (dunno which kind). one end goes into the xbox modem, and the other end goes into the network HUB.

TA DA! xbox is connected to the internet...

if you want to play online now, you need gamespy arcade and tunnel. or wait till spring for the xbox online network to launch.

Hugh_Jass
01-19-2002, 09:19 AM
A regular CAT-5 cable should do the trick.

heartsxcarved
01-19-2002, 10:00 AM
Well, to first figure it out, i had a computer genious friend help me. He figured it out while i watched (and maybe ate some popcorn). He figured it out and then showed me how to do it. Basically its very simple. You need a trial version of gamespy (unless you want to pay) and gamespy tunnel software. You hook the xbox up like the posts above said. You basically pick a lit of servers/games to join, or you can create your own. I suggest playing halo online becuase it is great fun. You have to choose multiplayer on the menue screen, and then network play or something of the sort. Its pretty much self explainitory after that. hope it helps..

xtopia14
01-19-2002, 12:44 PM
K thanx...can i use the cable i got for dreamcast to put it on the net?