PDA

View Full Version : NEW Lord of the rings game

SoccerCJM77
06-08-2004, 10:37 AM
i'm looking forward to this new lord of the rings game called lotr:the 3rd age. But I don't know about it because it's really more like a rpg with turn based elements. Is the game going to be like a pokemon battlefield. If it turns out that way I probally would not get the game. I want the hack and slash game not some turn based game. I want exploring and travel around middle earth on a horse or something so the game could be action adventure similiar to Zelda. That would make a very sweet game if it was on xbox live. As for this new lord of the rings game that is turn based I hope it turns out to be better than I would think. Also does anyone know if they will make a action adventure lord of rings game that might be online. I'm a big fan and EA's return of the king wasn't half bad. I hope they make a sequel that would be sweet. They said they would make one called trilogy but I'm not sure if that is a game or movie. They tell you that at the end....when you beat the game

SkoalMint
06-08-2004, 11:52 AM
I used to think the same thing about turn-based RPG's until playing KOTOR. Granted, I still prefer the hack and slash variety, but if they can do it like KOTOR, it may not be so bad. Personally, I'm looking forward to this one and the RTS one for the PC.

EDIT: I just read one of the previews over at IGN and they're talking like it will be more FF than KOTOR, so I'll probably pass this one over.

Brutus
06-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I say yes. The more the merrier!

GRAVEDIGGER
06-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Personally i prefer the old school Hackin and slashin!, thats the best way to get it done. ever since Final Fantasy i've grown to hate turnbased RPGs. But thats just me.

cheedoh
06-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Personally i prefer the old school Hackin and slashin!, thats the best way to get it done. ever since Final Fantasy i've grown to hate turnbased RPGs. But thats just me.

agreed. :hail:

lax_defense
06-09-2004, 06:41 PM
This actually sounds better to me because, while the TT and ROTK games were fun, they got super repetitive and boring after a while. Hopefully, this will change that.

RockTheCasba
06-09-2004, 09:26 PM
i'm looking forward to this new lord of the rings game called lotr:the 3rd age. But I don't know about it because it's really more like a rpg with turn based elements. Is the game going to be like a pokemon battlefield. If it turns out that way I probally would not get the game. I want the hack and slash game not some turn based game. I want exploring and travel around middle earth on a horse or something so the game could be action adventure similiar to Zelda. That would make a very sweet game if it was on xbox live. As for this new lord of the rings game that is turn based I hope it turns out to be better than I would think. Also does anyone know if they will make a action adventure lord of rings game that might be online. I'm a big fan and EA's return of the king wasn't half bad. I hope they make a sequel that would be sweet. They said they would make one called trilogy but I'm not sure if that is a game or movie. They tell you that at the end....when you beat the game

Its gonna be like Final Fantasy. go into the fable and other rpg's section there is a big thread on it previews and all