PDA

View Full Version : Xbox will not power "ON"

Wolf1171
06-08-2004, 03:52 PM
we had a large thunderstorm around my house yesterday and now my Xbox will not turn on. It is way past the warranty, just wondering if there is anyplace that I can have look at it local to Tampa? If not, someplace I can ship it to and have it repaired?

:bang:

No Fear 23
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
that happened to mine about 2 weeks ago. i just went out and bought a new one. i think you can trade it in at EB and get credit for it or sell it to someone that will buy broken xboxs for 50$.

Wolf1171
06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I would go and get a new one. I just thought that if I could get it fixed I would still have everything saved on the HD (saved games).

mrmp3
06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
If the Xbox turns on, EB takes it for $100 (which is pretty good). If it's not turning on at all and you know none of the cables are unplugged, your gonna have to get a new one. You should convince a friend in taking his Xbox, trade his working one in for $100. Get a new system. Come back in with a busted one and say it doesn't turn on. You'll need a warantee to do that but for an extra $20 and 2 new systems, I think it's worth the risk.

Koopa
06-08-2004, 06:47 PM
okay i have to ask this..

is it ...plugged in?

lol

Wolf1171
06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
okay i have to ask this..

is it ...plugged in?

lol

Yes it is plugged in :rofl:

What if I take it apart and find that it is damaged beyond my fixing it, will EB still take it in for $50?

squid413
06-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I would first make sure its not just the outlet. Maybe you should try another outlet. But if that doesn't work then i guess you'll have to get a new one. I would keep it on a surge protector also.

Yankeez
06-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Yes it is plugged in :rofl:

What if I take it apart and find that it is damaged beyond my fixing it, will EB still take it in for $50?

opening it would void the warranty, so im not sure if EB will still take it back, werent you using a surge protector?

Shadow20002
06-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Maybe you're playing it all days...:)

SoundX
06-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Woah, I never knew thunderstorms could effect Xbox's.

I'll have to start unplugging mine when the weather gets bad just incase, no way I am getting a third. lol

Casper
06-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Woah, I never knew thunderstorms could effect Xbox's.

I'll have to start unplugging mine when the weather gets bad just incase, no way I am getting a third. lol
Yea, even with a surge protector, you can still lose it.

Are you getting any power to it at all? If it's connected to a router/modem, do you see a link light on the back? When hitting the power button, does it blink yellow/red/orange?

Wolf1171
06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
opening it would void the warranty, so im not sure if EB will still take it back, werent you using a surge protector?

Yes, it was plugged into a surge protector but still will not power on. My gamecube, TV and Stereo were also plugged into the same surge protector with no problems.

Oh well, I guess beating Ninja Gaiden on normal the 2nd time will be a little easier.

Edit: I just realized that there is a game in the Xbox, now how do I get that out?