PDA

View Full Version : Hey Panisonic...

Severe_Tire_Damage
07-24-2001, 11:57 PM
....Maybe you should make a version of the xbox without a DVD player and sell it for $200 bucks!

Just Joking.... :D

mordrek
07-25-2001, 12:02 AM
umm no dvd player might make it hard on the games that are going to be on dvd disc's dont you think.....im not really talking about what you said because you were joking but some people think they should scrape the dvd player in the x-box just to make it cheaper but the 300 price tag is really not that bad well thats what i think atleast

thedrisc
07-25-2001, 01:04 PM
I read that the Panasonic GB with DVD will sell for $325 in Japan.

thats a lame price for no internet connection or hard drive.

just proves even more that the xbox is the best bargin.

SeTH
07-25-2001, 03:11 PM
:eek:
I heard that the DVD player would be made by PHILIPS!!!!
Click below to see the link that says so!!

PHILIPS supplies XBOX DVD drive. (http://www.press.ce.philips.com/view.pl?id=70)

:D

#1 VideoGameFan
08-02-2001, 02:25 AM
Philips seems like a real good company. They strike me as the company of the future. They're into all the flat screen TVs. They'll probably make the first TVs that play on your wall. The only thing they made that was a flop was Philips CD-I. I had one. The only thing cool on it was this Astrology CD and the Encyclopedia. It failed as a gaming system though. Did anybody have this system? It had a remote control you used as a controller. I think that it also had an add on to it that let you play DVDs or some kind of CD movies. They might have been the company that invented DVDs. If they were, then X-Box has sure done well by getting the company that invented DVDs to make their DVD drive. PEACE

Aaron
08-02-2001, 03:43 AM
am i the only one who finds you shouting PEACE at the end of all your posts is annoying =) Welcome to the asylum!

CodeScribe
08-02-2001, 09:52 AM
It would be better if he shouteed "LOVE AND PEACE!". Anime fans will catch my drift. ;)

CodeScribe
08-02-2001, 05:22 PM
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm extremely strapped for cash (starving college student right here... *waves*), and getting a game console and a DVD player all-in-one is very appealing. And I'm not that picky when it comes to video quality. Hell, half of my anime collection is in MPEG format on my HDD. And the DVD drive in the Xbox is supposedly better than the one in the PS2.