PDA

View Full Version : WWF Raw or UFC Tapout?

Caspel
01-19-2002, 08:41 AM
Hello all, just like to say I am new here. I will be posting in the forum quite frequently.

I would just like to know some of your opinions on WWF Raw compared to UFC Tapout. They're both very unique games that are hard to compare I would say. Which one are you more into? Well I hope to see you all on the boards.

Hugh_Jass
01-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Neither of those are on my buy list but if I had to pick one I'd go with Tap.

Ninja Scroll
01-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Are you smokin crack or something yo? WWF RAW over Tap Out anyday!
But you cant go wrong getting them both:) !

I just might do that myself!

mattcoxonline
01-19-2002, 10:56 AM
Hell, they're both on my list. But if I had to choose it would be (drumroll please) .......

.....WWF Raw

THQ and Anchor are a great team....

skoot182
01-19-2002, 11:01 AM
RAW, no questions asked

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 08:29 PM
even though RAW will suck (hardly anbody realizes this yet..), I'd still go with RAW. The excitement level is WAYYY over..and the game isn't that great. Sure, intros, CAW's, graphics...everything like that has improved. But it will get boring without a story mode, or special gimmick matches (ladder,tlc,hiac)..

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 08:44 PM
Story Mode was always pretty *** in wrestling games (except No Mercy where you actually had to lose certain matches), and there is a ladder in RAW, plus tables and other weapons. My brother is getting Raw, so i'll get Tapout if it looks good, I only saw a few shots with the same guys...

techoholic1
01-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Story Mode was always pretty *** in wrestling games (except No Mercy where you actually had to lose certain matches), and there is a ladder in RAW, plus tables and other weapons. My brother is getting Raw, so i'll get Tapout if it looks good, I only saw a few shots with the same guys...

You never had to lose certain matches in No Mercy..I went through everything without losing..

There is a ladder in RAW, but there is no ladder match. You can hit someone with a ladder, but you can't climb it...therefore, no ladder match. I didn't say there wasn't ladders, I said there weren't any ladder matches...

Story mode is good..but the thing that makes Raw take a step below No Mercy is that it has no gimmick matches....it sucks. It will get very easy, very quickly.

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 09:33 PM
Well I got thru the story mode without losing in No Mercy also, but did you notice is says 16% complete or something like that? And in certain instances, you will still advance if you lost, which is what you will eventually need to do to get 100% complete.

and who cares about gimmick matches, a hardcore match is good enough. and you can climb the ladder, I do believe.

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Hands down the game to get is WWF Raw.

Rancey
01-19-2002, 11:12 PM
Personally I am looking more forward to Raw.

Xboxfan123
01-20-2002, 12:25 AM
WWF Raw because Crave not only made Kabuki Warriors but they keep pushing the release date back for Tapout . From what I understand there will be blood (same as the DC version) but no bruising or sweating. Some of the hidden characters are Ice-T and two card girls. I think this game will suck and Crave knows it. BTW the sound is apparantly cheesy too.

nascarfan29
01-21-2002, 05:19 AM
Curious about why most of you think RAW will be better than Tapout? As for the pure 'fighting' aspect, I would think Tapout because there are different fighting styles as opposed to pure 'wrestling' moves. Since I'm not an expert on either, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Personally, I'm waiting (patiently) for Tapout. Ever since I saw the Ultimate Fighting series several years back, I've always been intrigued by these guys and their series. As for wrestling...I watched back in the 80's when Vince McMahon was a skinny wrestler, and the big matches were between Sgt. Slaughter and The Iron Sheik, amongst others.
Sorry to get off topic though... :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 01:40 PM
I would rent them both before you buy. I'm a little skeptical about wrestling games as they never have appealed to me. But, both RAW and UFC look impressive...I just hope that while playing RAW that the wrestlers are versatile...because, in past WWF games, the wrestlers are as convenient as it is trying to parallel park a semi truck...lol...in other words, they just seem to maneuver very well. I hope that this is not the case in RAW. That's why I would rent before actually buying it.

UFC will be exceptionally cool for me since one of my buddies is actually a fighter on that game! lol...his name is Jens Pulver, the lightweight champion. Think about how much fun it would be to actually play UFC as your buddy? lol...We haven't spoken in a few years....but, he's been a busy dude!

SOVEREIGN2K2
01-21-2002, 07:45 PM
"HAA..THE DAY I GET A UFC GAME IS WHEN I BEGIN TO SUFFICATE FROM BOREDOM WITH MY XBOX!..AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN"

I'm gettin RAW no questions asked. Some people say it will suck because of a lack of a story mode, but chek me out...remember WCW/NWO REVENGE it didnt have a story mode either and it was great, besides all games that are new to a system have to have some solid ground to start off on. So give it a chance just like the series of THQ N64 games, cause by the next WWF XBOX title you can definately expect online play:cool: and a great array of matches!

So for me its gotta be the RAWDAWG...WWF RAW!

JAH BLESS, ZEEN

-SOVEREIGN:mad:

skoot182
01-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
UFC will be exceptionally cool for me since one of my buddies is actually a fighter on that game! lol...his name is Jens Pulver, the lightweight champion. Think about how much fun it would be to actually play UFC as your buddy? lol...We haven't spoken in a few years....but, he's been a busy dude!

Thats pretty sweet, maxi :D