PDA

View Full Version : About The Piracy Deal That Was Going On Earlier

Satch
06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey all you mods, sorry for the trouble. Just wanted to let everyone that read my posts know that I did contact Microsoft about it, and they wrote me back. What the said surprised me...they said they greatly appreciated that I told them, and gave me a number to call that is special for people to report piracy. Sorry again for the trouble :D

ScorpionX
06-10-2004, 11:07 PM
What did you write to them about? :?

GRAVEDIGGER
06-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Yea...what did you write to them about? Hopefully it was something constructive.

Reclaimer
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah, what did you tell them?

Look, I have to tell you.. we take ZERO chances with this site. Meaning we take no chances when it comes to discussions of modding, links to urls, whatever.
I get hate PM's on a regular basis because I come down on people for doing it.
This is our site, man. Meaning, this is our hobby, our virtual home. We work hard to keep this thing running, and we will not take a chance to get into trouble, or get seen negatively, or have it construed that we would support modding (even that damn Halo mod that Bungie supposedly supports).
You members are not the only people that see this site. Public relations personnel from game companies, Microsoft, other industrialists, see this site. When we pitch a company for an interview, prizes for a contest, games for previews, news, they see our site and approve if XBA is a good place for them to associate.
If MS, or Ubi-Soft, or someone like that saw anything about modding, something that is damaging to their business, they'll dump their association with us, and we're screwed. Screwed man. We need the industry favor to stay floating.
Do you see what we get at? We take no chances whatsoever. If I can question it, it's gone without a word, and there's no bringing it back. Because we can't afford to screw our labor over a bad choice like that.
All those threads about the Halo mod that I destroy on a regular basis? Same thing. A company who produces the software "condones it" but the company that requires its hardware to be modified has to be protected. Send me all the hate PM's you want.. A-holes! I'll just ban you when I stop laughing.

So that's it. Talk of modding in any way shape or form causes this whole place to go nuts because we have to protect it anyway we can. No chances. No choices. That's the way it is.

Satch
06-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Reclaimer...you wanted to know what I told them, but then you told me not to talk about it...well look, I won't post any links, or go into detail ok?

I told Microsoft that a certain site with certain downloads allowed PS2 people with a PS2 hard drive and brower can enable it to play Xbox games on their PS2 for free. I left no details out when I told them, of course. So anyway, they said thanks a lot and gave me a microsoft piracy number to call. I'm calling the next business day when their hours are open to calls.

I hope this explains sort of what I told them. I understand that I have to watch and links, etc. that I post of here :huh: ...which kind of sucks, because I can't reveal terrible things like this, but I know, rules are rules.

Reclaimer
06-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Reclaimer...you wanted to know what I told them, but then you told me not to talk about it...well look, I won't post any links, or go into detail ok?

I told Microsoft that a certain site with certain downloads allowed PS2 people with a PS2 hard drive and brower can enable it to play Xbox games on their PS2 for free. I left no details out when I told them, of course. So anyway, they said thanks a lot and gave me a microsoft piracy number to call. I'm calling the next business day when their hours are open to calls.

I hope this explains sort of what I told them. I understand that I have to watch and links, etc. that I post of here :huh: ...which kind of sucks, because I can't reveal terrible things like this, but I know, rules are rules.

What you just said is good enough for me to understand. You don't always have to go into gory details. Generics are enough and fine by us.

Satch
06-10-2004, 11:55 PM
OK good, well now you know...and yes it is possible. My friend can is in the process of beating Shenmue 2 (one of my favorite games) on his PS2...makes me feel great :rolleyes:

It sucks that I paid $50 for something that was made worthless by this stupid crap.

:bang:

hansard1985
06-11-2004, 01:03 AM
how about you quit being a whiney *****, **** microsoft, there only the richest company in the world, that btw are greedy *******s, charging 199$ for something that costs a wopping 50 cents to make, then charging 99 to upgrade, an unstable ****ty OS at that. if you dont like it then mod your xbox and dont buy games, you can do taht you know

ScorpionX
06-11-2004, 01:07 AM

Well too bad thats impossible..... :rolleyes:

Reclaimer
06-11-2004, 01:12 AM
how about you quit being a whiney *****, **** microsoft, there only the richest company in the world, that btw are greedy *******s, charging 199$ for something that costs a wopping 50 cents to make, then charging 99 to upgrade, an unstable ****ty OS at that. if you dont like it then mod your xbox and dont buy games, you can do taht you know

Don't buy their products if you don't like them or agree with their practices.
Don't buy windows.
Don't buy an Xbox.

If you want to promote piracy, then find another website. Not this one. I'll just tell you that now.

LynxFX
06-11-2004, 01:39 AM
charging 199$ for something that costs a wopping 50 cents to make, then charging 99 to upgrade,
Yeah I know what you mean, those hundreds of programers working 16 hour days for only pennies an hour. I sure feel sorry for them. Glad I didn't go into programming.

How about you go live in the real world for a bit, then come back and tell us how you make a buck. :rolleyes:

BananaMan
06-11-2004, 02:42 AM
I told Microsoft that a certain site with certain downloads allowed PS2 people with a PS2 hard drive and brower can enable it to play Xbox games on their PS2 for free.

i just got done playing half-life 2 on my xbox 2, did i mention blood gulch is in halo 2? :D

Satch
06-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Ok, whoever called me a whiney bleepy bleep, I'm not whining for Microsoft, I'm whining for ME and YOU paying money for something certain others can get for free. Look, and for those who don't believe me, well, why the HELL would I lie? I saw it myself for god's sake. Gimme a break. Why would I even bother doing this? for fun? Look, he played Shenmue 2 on his PS2 and enjoyed it, and I saw him doing it. I can't post anymore to help prove it, because it's not allowed on here. People, it's true and I HATE it. makes me not want to buy any game or system because I'll feel ripped off :cry: it sucks

StevXtreme
06-11-2004, 03:59 AM
WHAT ?:eek: THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE! :bang: :mad: IT CAN'T BE! :bang: I HATE THE PS2 MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE! I WILL FIGHT AGAINST THE PS2, 3, 4 AND ALL TO COME! :cry: But why Xbox games can be played on the PS2? I mean their quality is higher compared to the PS2 games, no? And the PS has weaker components than the Xbox, right? THEN WHY THE HELL XBOX GAMES CAN BE PLAYED ON PS2?

Variation-XBA
06-11-2004, 04:01 AM

Im amused at how little you know :)

And who cares about these threads, its not true anyways :P

Heavens Gate
06-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, those hundreds of programers working 16 hour days for only pennies an hour. I sure feel sorry for them. Glad I didn't go into programming.

How about you go live in the real world for a bit, then come back and tell us how you make a buck. :rolleyes:

Thank you! Reclaimer is also correct. Piracy talk will NOT be tolerated. Everyone that's been here for awhile knows that there are consequences if you bring it up. I design small programs and personally can't stand these software thieves. I recently got laid off due to cutbacks. I spent alot of time in tech school to learn how to do what I can do only to have people steal people's creations that they spend sleepless days and nights on.

Spaztic
06-11-2004, 08:23 AM
playing xbox games on the ps2 is impossible....I could see ps2 games on the xbox but not the other way around due to hardware limitations.

Chr0nik
06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately people are always looking for a free ride. Why pay, when you can have it for free, or for virtually nothing.

Reclaimer
06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
playing xbox games on the ps2 is impossible....I could see ps2 games on the xbox but not the other way around due to hardware limitations.

That's exactly correct. Besides, why would you want to see Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow played (if that's even possible) on a PS2's lesser hardware?

Satch, just disregard Hanson1958's comments. This happens all the time. You can make a serious thread, and you can gurantee at least one inflammatory remark (regardless of bizarre it is). I wouldn't sweat it.

SoundX
06-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Woah, people get pritty hyped up at this sort of thing.

I have to say, I do have a modded Xbox, but I do NOT buy backups, because, I have a certain ammount of respect for the industry, I use my modded Xbox as more of a Music/Video factory linked to my computer. The only backups on my hardrive are games which I own.
It must suck to have worked on a game for like a year, and then have your work's rewards stolen from you. And I would never do that.

Xbox Modders, if you like a game so much, then go out to a store and BUY it.
PS2 Modders, if you like the Xbox so much, then go out to a store and BUY one. ;) :D

thrAsher
06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Alright, enough said. This thread is way outta hand. Two of you've brought up modding you Xbox, and I'm tired of it. We DO NOT condone ANY talk of modding at XBA!!!

Glad you did the noble thing, Satch, but let's let this topic die. Someone's gonna end up gettin' on my ugly side.

End of discussion.

LynxFX
06-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Just had to comment on this line because it seems to be the root of Satch's complaint.

I'm whining for ME and YOU paying money for something certain others can get for free.
This absolutely makes no sense at all. With that philosophy you are probably whining about paying for a car because there are some people that get them for free as in car theft. Complain about not getting a big screen tv for free like those people...what do you call them...oh yeah, criminals.

Sounds to me like you have no personal morals of your own and as long as someone else does it first, it makes it ok for you, heck not just ok but the only way to do it. You should really rethink what you have said in all of these threads. You are on the right track but right now that track is one bridge and two tunnels shy of a complete thought.