PDA

View Full Version : One good reason not to buy a Gamecube

Xboxfan123
01-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Check out this upcoming GC soccer game.

http://www.nlgaming.com/media/nintendo/gamecube/sega/soccerslam/8.jpg

http://www.nlgaming.com/media/nintendo/gamecube/sega/soccerslam/1.jpg

I wonder if Batman is the goalie? There were a few funny screeens. Remember Gamecube isn't just for kids.

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 12:58 PM
one good reason...IT SUCKS

Xboxmaster2001
01-19-2002, 01:09 PM
thats not a bad reason its soposed to be good and why dont you try showing a real soccer game for GC like this one...

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/mediaPage.jsp?media_id=196137&object_id=16537&media_type=P&ign_section=33&page_title=Virtua+Striker+3+ver.2002+preview+on+cube.ign.com&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dcubeviewer%26adchannel%3Dcube%26pagetype%3Darticle&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fcube.ign.com%2Fpreviews%2F16537.html

or look at this game...it's one of the resident evil games 1 out of the 6

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,535836-128,00.html

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,535836-104,00.html

and this game will look even better when done.

skoot182
01-19-2002, 01:11 PM
what realistic snow in that first pic :D

Xboxmaster2001
01-19-2002, 01:13 PM
ya too bad its not soposed to be real looking right...

Brian
01-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Yeah it's also too bad that this wasn't posted in the GC vs. Xbox forum. Jeez... :eek:

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 01:56 PM
wow, that JAPANESE Resident Evil game looks...like the original Resident Evil. Have fun goin to Japan to get it :)

Heyyoudvd
01-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123
Check out this upcoming GC soccer game.

http://www.nlgaming.com/media/nintendo/gamecube/sega/soccerslam/8.jpg

http://www.nlgaming.com/media/nintendo/gamecube/sega/soccerslam/1.jpg

I wonder if Batman is the goalie? There were a few funny screeens. Remember Gamecube isn't just for kids.

First of all, that game is made by Sega, so I doubt it'll be bad.

Secondly, even if it is bad, who gives a crap. Just don't buy that game.

You could say that about any console.

One good reson not to buy Xbox: Kabuki Warriors

All consoles have dozens of bad games.

BTW I've said this before, but I think Biohazard bashes Gamecube so much because he's so ****ed off that Resident Evil (Biohazard) is only coming to Gamecube and not Xbox, so he just has to bash it because he's in denial.

Xboxfan123
01-19-2002, 03:09 PM
That was just an example of what I believe is a typical Nintendo game. Just a little joke between Xbox fans. The square snow was cute.

Heyyoudvd
01-19-2002, 03:23 PM
the game is made by Sega!!!

If you're gonna make fun of any company for it, make fun of Sega, not Nintendo. Nintedo isn't making it, nor does it have anything to do with it, aside from the factthat it's gonna be on Gamecube.

Xboxfan123
01-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
the game is made by Sega!!!

If you're gonna make fun of any company for it, make fun of Sega, not Nintendo. Nintedo isn't making it, nor does it have anything to do with it, aside from the factthat it's gonna be on Gamecube.

Shouldn't you be in the Gamecube debate area?
As for Nintendo games; How about Luigi's Mansion where he whistles and hums while sucking up ghosts with a vacuum? 'nuff said on that one.

StUmPy01
01-19-2002, 05:41 PM
are you guys retarded or what, this game is only coming out on lamecube and they are making like 2 or 3 new ones

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 05:48 PM

BTW I've said this before, but I think Biohazard bashes Gamecube so much because he's so ****ed off that Resident Evil (Biohazard) is only coming to Gamecube and not Xbox, so he just has to bash it because he's in denial.

Dude, I played lamecube last night. OH MY GOD! People say that Super Smash Bros. Melee is a GOOD GAME? Dear God, it looks like a Super Nintendo game in 3D. Horizontal combat only, poor graphics, terrible gameplay all together. I wouldnt take a G@ycube if it was given to me.

and I played the Resident Evil series on PS1...and thats all to say about that. NO REPLAY VALUE AT ALL! I only like games with replay value, and Resident Evil sure dosent give me any. Especially if it's a Japanese game...that's no gameplay at all :)

anthrax0r
01-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Hmm, well the sad thing is that gamecube centric forums say the same thing about the xbox and give examples like Kabuki Warriors...:mad: Tis a cheap shot i know, but you really cant say a system isnt good after looking at just one game.

Ninja Scroll
01-19-2002, 07:39 PM
One good reason to BUY a KiddyCube is Resident Evil being Exclusive to the console. Hey im gonna get it when this game ships (only if they have a blue GC version)

btw, should'nt this thread be in the debate forum! :D :D

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 07:42 PM
There's a difference between "KiddyCube" fans bashing Xbox games and Xbox fans bashing "KiddyCube" games...

Xbox actually has GOOD GAMES! I'd love to see someone try to bash Halo, DOA3, Project Gotham, etc. and when they come out, UFC Tapout, RAW is WAR, Morrowind, Enclave, Wreckless, etc.

Xboxfan123
01-19-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by anthrax0r
Hmm, well the sad thing is that gamecube centric forums say the same thing about the xbox and give examples like Kabuki Warriors...:mad: Tis a cheap shot i know, but you really cant say a system isnt good after looking at just one game.

The diff between GC people joking about Kabuki Warriors is that the Star Wars game they have for the GC is the best they will have. With the Xbox the best games haven't come out yet. I am not saying that the GC is not good because of this one game. The GC is not as good because it can't play DVD's or rip music during games. You can't go online or store games without addons and the games are just basically rehashed original Nintendo games.

BTW-As for my posting this thread here, who wants to agrue with a bunch of teenagers in the debate area that think a monkey rolling around in a plastic bubble is fun.

Heyyoudvd
01-19-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
There's a difference between "KiddyCube" fans bashing Xbox games and Xbox fans bashing "KiddyCube" games...

Xbox actually has GOOD GAMES! I'd love to see someone try to bash Halo, DOA3, Project Gotham, etc. and when they come out, UFC Tapout, RAW is WAR, Morrowind, Enclave, Wreckless, etc.

Halo - amazing, and everyone agrees on that.

DOA3 - a good game, but doesn't compare to Smash Bros Melee (it has amazing graphics, but graphics don't make the game)

Project Gotham - good game, but GT3 on PS2 is better

Heyyoudvd
01-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

The diff between GC people joking about Kabuki Warriors is that the Star Wars game they have for the GC is the best they will have. With the Xbox the best games haven't come out yet.

As for my posting this thread here, who wants to agrue with a bunch of teenagers in the debate area?

that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Rogue Leader is great, but there are many games coming out that will most likely be better, such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark, Too Human, Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures and many more.

It really is amazing how you people are such stupid fanboys (mainly BiohazardEHW)

Xboxfan123
01-19-2002, 11:50 PM

that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Rogue Leader is great, but there are many games coming out that will most likely be better, such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark, Too Human, Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures and many more.

It really is amazing how you people are such stupid fanboys (mainly BiohazardEHW)

Warning: Eneny alert. Xbox parimeter has been violated. Mario, Zelda etc. were good games when Miami Vice was a weekly TV show and Bob Barker was 40 years old. As for myself, I'm not trying to be a fanboy myself as I posted here not there.

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 01:33 AM
Have you played through Ocarina of Time? That was only 3 years ago, and that was an absolutely incredible game. Same with mario 64 (5 years ago).

Heyyoudvd
01-20-2002, 01:36 AM
HOLY S.HIT. I'm really freaked out!!!

I've never seen Miama Vice in my entire life, and while reading your (Xboxfan 123's) last mesage, I was channel surfing, and guess what show is on.....

I'm really freaked out right now..... :eek:

manboy
01-20-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah really, I liked mario back on my nes. Got kinda boring after that. I really have no desire to play any of the Metroids, Zelda's, or Mario's. If someone does though, they should definetely buy a GC, heh. Same with Final Fantasy series and PS2. No thanks, I couldn't give two *****s about it.

If you go through the GC game library, basically all they have is those 3 themes, along with Resident Evil (meh, that is ok, but they'll f it up, just watch), and sports titles.

Xboxmaster2001
01-20-2002, 03:19 PM
gamecube will have their share of good and bad games just like any other system right now gamecube dosnt have much besides super monkey ball and extreme G3 that i would really want right now i got a GC for the games coming out like Metroid and Perfect Dark Zero and hopfully they will make an F-Zero mario cart should be cool too and its really not a kid system if they have resident evil coming and posibly GTA 3...people should keep their mind a little more open to the systems they dont have... I have XBOX and GAMECUBE and i like xbox a lot more right now and i always will but i will still like GC for the good games that are coming out.

l Maximus l
01-21-2002, 02:14 PM
I will have to give some props to Nintendo....Metroid Prime looks pretty bad ass...but, it's no Halo.

A good reason to buy a GameCube is if you are a big Mario, Zelda, Luigi, Toad, and Pichachu fan....and if you are a homo that enjoys watching Barney on TV and many episodes of the Teletubbies. As for myself, I have grown out of the Nintendo era....I'm 26 now....Mario simply doesn't do it for me like it used to.

After owning the N64 and all of the disappointments with that system, I will never purchase another Nintendo item as long as I live. If you own an N64, look underneathe it...they were going to add a CD attachment so you could play games on compact discs...but, it didn't happen. And, what the hell was up with the expansion pack? Did that really make a difference? lol...I didn't see anything. All I know is that Nintendo is a huge money monger that makes promises and doesn't deliver. That's been my experience with them. They simply don't have it together....Did I hear someone say "Dolphin"???...I'm sure you see my point. In case you didn't know, the "GameCube" was, originally, supposed to be called the "Dolphin"....and, it's much more than the name...it was a project that Nintendo was working on that they completely scrapped so they could put concentration on the production of the GameCube.

It's typical Nintendo. Now that they actually have a system, you can expect many future rehashes of Mario and the gang. I also played Smash Brothers Melee and was extremely disappointed.

The only way to own a GameCube is to also own an XBox. But, that's only if Nintendo comes out with different colors other than Purple. Having a purple console certainly doesn't help Nintendo from the "kiddie" image. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't think that this was going to be a bashing post...but, maybe it kind of is....But, it's just bold honestly that even GameCube fans could atleast respect since I'm just sharing my personal experiences by owning Nintendo products.

I do give props to the original NES and Super NES back in those days. Without those systems, games probably wouldn't be where they are today. Same respect to Sega.

Xboxfan123
01-21-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I will have to give some props to Nintendo....Metroid Prime looks pretty bad ass...but, it's no Halo.

A good reason to buy a GameCube is if you are a big Mario, Zelda, Luigi, Toad, and Pichachu fan....and if you are a homo that enjoys watching Barney on TV and many episodes of the Teletubbies. As for myself, I have grown out of the Nintendo era....I'm 26 now....Mario simply doesn't do it for me like it used to.

After owning the N64 and all of the disappointments with that system, I will never purchase another Nintendo item as long as I live. If you own an N64, look underneathe it...they were going to add a CD attachment so you could play games on compact discs...but, it didn't happen. And, what the hell was up with the expansion pack? Did that really make a difference? lol...I didn't see anything. All I know is that Nintendo is a huge money monger that makes promises and doesn't deliver. That's been my experience with them. They simply don't have it together....Did I hear someone say "Dolphin"???...I'm sure you see my point. In case you didn't know, the "GameCube" was, originally, supposed to be called the "Dolphin"....and, it's much more than the name...it was a project that Nintendo was working on that they completely scrapped so they could put concentration on the production of the GameCube.

It's typical Nintendo. Now that they actually have a system, you can expect many future rehashes of Mario and the gang. I also played Smash Brothers Melee and was extremely disappointed.

The only way to own a GameCube is to also own an XBox. But, that's only if Nintendo comes out with different colors other than Purple. Having a purple console certainly doesn't help Nintendo from the "kiddie" image. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't think that this was going to be a bashing post...but, maybe it kind of is....But, it's just bold honestly that even GameCube fans could atleast respect since I'm just sharing my personal experiences by owning Nintendo products.

I do give props to the original NES and Super NES back in those days. Without those systems, games probably wouldn't be where they are today. Same respect to Sega.

I can see why they say "You the man". Excellent post. I got burned buying a N64 too and after that it would take alot for me to buy a Nintendo product again. The only reason I would buy a Gamecube is the price but when you add up all those add ons you need to make it do some of what the Xbox does, the gamecube could cost more. They should also make the GC in silver or see through and for gosh sakes Nintendo lose the handle thingy. Maximus...six more posts and I'll catch up to you...lol.