PDA

View Full Version : What is the most important aspect of video games?

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 02:17 PM
What is the most important aspect of video games?

1. Gameplay/Storylines
2. Replay Value/Multiplayer
3. Graphics/Visuals
4. Sound/Music

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 03:49 PM
I chose Replay Value/Multiplayer.

Here's why...

If you have a game like Metal Gear Solid 2, and a game like Halo...both are good games and both have a good story to them. The missions are in-depth and take quite some time to complete...

but.....

With MGS2, you beat the game and then what? Sit there and do the same thing over again? What about Halo...the Multiplayer options in Halo are numerous and you can even make your own. I beat Halo, but I hardly ever play the missions, I play Halo against my friends very often.

So, in short...Games NEED Multiplayer in my opinion. Multiplayer with alot of options. Imagine Grand Theft Auto 3 with the ability to create your own character and race around in demolition derby deathmatches against your friends instead of all by yourself.

LynxFX
01-19-2002, 04:27 PM
You are missing the most important option in your poll. The game must be fun.

sinizuh
01-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
You are missing the most important option in your poll. The game must be fun.

exactly... and to be fun, it must have a great replay value...

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 05:31 PM
yes, exactly. Halo is hours of fun, and MGS2 is fun until you beat it...

xboxpebbles
01-19-2002, 05:45 PM
hmm..i think
#1 is the most important
(gameplay/storyline)...
it should be an immersive story
and if the gameplay is good, all
other aspects will reflect this..
then id say #2.. (replay value/multiplayer)
b/c the game is much more enjoyable if u can pick
it up when ur in the mood and play it, ya know?
the other 2 are important also..
a good mix of all four is a great game..lol
bye:) :)

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 06:44 PM
I voted for Replay-Value/Multiplayer. That is one thing that today's games lack. Today Developers just focus on Graphics and stuff they forget about replay value.

Today when developers start to create a new game they don't just need to think about sound, graphics, and storyline which are all important...but they need to go in asking themselfs What about after they beat the game?. I mean Max Payne is a perfect example.

I remember back in the old days (NES,SNES,Genesis) games had plenty of replay value. Today all people think about in games is Graphics.

Also developers need to focus on having a multiplayer option in their games.

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 06:47 PM
Well put. That's exactly why Halo is so big...I've played it nearly every day since I got it last year in december, and only spent like 2 days (several hours) for the single player.

Devil May Cry is another example. The gameplay is HORRIBLE, swing a sword, shoot a gun. then what?

xboxfan
01-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Tyrell-XBA
Also developers need to focus on having a multiplayer option in their games.
And utilize the system link cable, I HATE sharing my screen with a friends who also has his own xbox and tv.

batman46st
01-20-2002, 01:12 PM
many of the reason why i didnt like the ps,ps2 is cause most of its games excluding ff series are **** easy so i never really enjoyed them after beating them in 10 hours. and nintendo betrayed its children by selling out to our children who like those **** puke!mons and games alike.. anyways my point is, story line sells game the replay value sells game multi player is cool andshould be added to every xbox games for online usage this summer...!