PDA

View Full Version : Xbox bashing at Toys 'r Us by employees

XERO
01-19-2002, 02:26 PM
last night was the second time i witness an employee openly bashing the Xbox and its games ets.
here was the scene:
i was browsing the game section (Yonkers, N. Y.), when a customer asked an employee about an Xbox game....the employee proceeded to state:
not totally verbatim:
that system sucks and will sink faster than the Dreamcast....they (i.e. MS) expects everyone to have HDTV...do you have HDTV?....they are gonna want you to purchase system upgrades....besides the PS2 has more games...and yo, do ya have a computer...why not play the Xbox games on that...
i was astonished that an employee would have the temerity to converse with a customer like this...this was NOT a one to one conversation, it was LOUD and very easy to listen.

TRIGGAH
01-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Let his manager know. Tell his manager that you were about to purchase the XBOX at his store but after hearing this guy openly bash the system, you were so upset that someone who works for this national chain had the audacity to insult the merchandise. Tell him you will take your business elsewhere.
I know that's a little snippy but believe me that employee will never have the nerve to speak up so loud again.

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Thats why we need more people like me in the world, people that are not afraid to speak up. If someone said that, I'd say exactly this...

"Hey buddy, get off your high horse and listen up. PS2 does have more games, but a vast majority of them suck and have poor graphics, lack replay value, and are easily forgotten. PS2 fans only like the same 5 games and 3 of them suck. When Xbox gets those 5 games by this summer, you'll wish you never said that."

"And speaking of system upgrades, PS2 needs a dozen more upgrades that Xbox. Like the 4 controller jack, ethernet port, harddrive, etc."

Snoopy7548
01-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by XERO
they (i.e. MS) expects everyone to have HDTV...do you have HDTV?....they are gonna want you to purchase system upgrades and yo, do ya have a computer...why not play the Xbox games on that...

you should sue him for slander, all those things he said are false and hurts microsoft. :D

LynxFX
01-19-2002, 04:36 PM
More reasons why I never go to Toys 'R Us. At least I don't feel so bad returning used games there just to get a new shrink wrapped one.

manboy
01-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Er.. I use to know how, but there is a way to make your own shrink wrap for games you wanna return (pretty sure this only applies to the PC game type shrinkwrap though). All I remember is it involves that plastic stuff you use for wrapping your lunch, and an iron, lol.

LynxFX
01-20-2002, 01:51 AM
An iron? Man you just need to use a blow dryer or heat gun. :)

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 11:10 AM
last night was the second time i witness an employee openly bashing the Xbox and its games ets.
here was the scene:
i was browsing the game section (Yonkers, N. Y.), when a customer asked an employee about an Xbox game....the employee proceeded to state:
not totally verbatim:
that system sucks and will sink faster than the Dreamcast....they (i.e. MS) expects everyone to have HDTV...do you have HDTV?....they are gonna want you to purchase system upgrades....besides the PS2 has more games...and yo, do ya have a computer...why not play the Xbox games on that...
i was astonished that an employee would have the temerity to converse with a customer like this...this was NOT a one to one conversation, it was LOUD and very easy to listen.

Don't worry...it's sad to say but the Xbox is actually the underdon in this 3-way battle. You'll think that the Gamecube will be the underdog but it's really the Xbox. But that's okay...just wait til this spring/summer.

Vteck3000
01-20-2002, 11:49 AM
The last one always prevails ...........:cool:

XBOX Dude
01-20-2002, 12:10 PM
let's think about this toy r us a kiddy based place and what is the xbox for adults right, so i'm not suprized some pimple faced 16 year old kid that works at a children's store would bash somthing he doesn't understand and never will. i would like you guys said tell the manager but not before drilling the kid into the ground

WynnFire
01-23-2002, 03:41 AM
Yeah, what's with the Toys R Us people lately? Them and Electronics boutique. For the longest time when I would go to places like Toys R Us I would be treated nicely. Then when the Xbox came around it's like everyone became evil and hates me because I have an Xbox. What's wrong with these people. Plus, I have been going to the same EBX store for many years and have never had a problem. Now that I have an Xbox I get an attitude from the employees. What the...???

It's almost like Microsoft has poisoned the water. Or maybe Sony spiked it. Just kidding. I just don't think it's normal.

l Maximus l
01-23-2002, 02:41 PM
I completely agree with XBox Dude on this. I mean, when was the last time anyone actually walked into a Toys R' Us and wasn't expecting a fat ass zit faced Barney boy that smells like John Walker to come by and say "Can I help you?" First off, it's not "can", it's "may" ;)

The idiots that work there probably worship the purple easy bake oven (GameCube) and set up candles around it and placing stickers of Barney and the purple teletubbie on it while smoking dandy lions and listening to audio soundtracks of Mega Man. Need I say more? :D

BiohazardEHW
01-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Some lady that works at th elocal EB was saying that the PS2 dosent need a remote to play DVD's...and then I told the lady...

"But who would buy a $300 vodeo game system just to play DVD's? and With no real controller, your pretty much screwed."

And then I muttered dumbass and walked out of the store...but I never really liked that lady...but the fay guy is cool tho...

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 02:57 PM
I know I've posted this before, but in the stores near my hood I get the exact opposite. I usually overhear someone asking about a GameCube, and I hear some EB/Babbages/Toys R' US/K-Mart/Target employee say:

"Don't get GameCube. It doesn't have any games. And it's for kids."

Even wierder was one time this guy was telling me all the games that were on Xbox, and that I should get it (he had no idea I already own both systems). He named titles like Madden, SSX, Live, Mortal Kombat, Tony Hawk, and other games that are also slated for GCN and PS2. When I told him I already had most of the games he mentioned on my GCN, he almost flipped...

Wierd folks; but most of these employs are just kids anyway- fanboys that landed a part-time job at the mall. So I never really take it seriously, although there are times I feel like TRIGGAH and want to front on them to the manager....argggh:(

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)