PDA

View Full Version : Rallisport Challenge 2 is FRIGGIN' SICK!!!

l Maximus l
06-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Dudes!! I realize that I'm probably late with this...but, I finally got a chance to play Rallisport Challenge 2...and this game is friggin' SICK! Seriously...I have no idea why there isn't much hype for this game...this has to be the best Rallisport game ever...bar none. I also think it kicks the hell out of PGR...both graphically and gameplay-wise...

Seriously...you guys should see this game in HDTV...It's mind blowing!!!

Variation-XBA
06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Max playing something thats not Halo related? 0_o

l Maximus l
06-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Max playing something thats not Halo related? 0_o

Oh man...I can't wait to PWN your ass when Halo 2 comes out...

I can hear the cries now... ;)

LTM360
06-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Ralli 2 didn't do much for me. To be honest, I found it dissapointing, though I didn't play it a whole lot, I just didn't like what I played. The online play especially was dissapointing, I knew it was Ralli, but still, 4 cars? Eh, good game, and I'm glad to see your apparently haveing/had fun with it.

On another note: You two won't stand a chance at this when Halo 2 rolls around :cheers:

l Maximus l
06-12-2004, 09:48 PM
On another note: You two won't stand a chance at this when Halo 2 rolls around :cheers:

bwahahahaha! I'll take on that challenge ;)

l Maximus l
06-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Kman-XBA must be seriously deaf...I just read his review and he said that every car sounds exactly the same...lol...hell no they don't! bwahahahahaha!!

Who the hell is Kman-XBA anyway? Obviously a n00b in writing reviews...

borka105
06-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Kman-XBA must be seriously deaf...I just read his review and he said that every car sounds exactly the same...lol...hell no they don't! bwahahahahaha!!

OMG Max, don't start.. I've had this game for almost a month now.. put in close to 50 hours... and then I read this review... oh man is this guy talking out of his azz..

first thing that strikes me is the 6-10 hours played..WTF is that? The career mode will take you easily 20 hours to beat and then there is multiplayer.. I have no clue how this guy can give the game a fair review without even beating the Single Player...

if I didn't have exams to study for, I would bust out a complete analysis of how this guy is wrong from start to finish...

4.0 in graphics..? LMAO, wait that would equal a 8/10 (this is easily in the top 5 best looking xbox games out thus far)

3.0 in sound..? He must be deaf, in fact this game makes sure that every car has it's own distinct sound.. What about CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS...?

man, I am just going to stop now before I get carried away..

-borka105

E Nomini Patri
06-13-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm with Max here, friggin' SICK!

Dark Enemy
06-13-2004, 02:09 AM
I agree the game is ****ing awesome. Ive been going through career and almost got about every car. The graphics are SICK and the gameplay is mind blowing. Whenever you guys play this online send me an invite

Variation-XBA
06-13-2004, 03:35 AM
Oh man...I can't wait to PWN your ass when Halo 2 comes out...

I can hear the cries now... ;)

Haha....its ok Maxy...I'll give you a run for your money ;)

CarGuy
06-13-2004, 08:47 AM

Every car sounds the same?? Sha, maybe on his 19 inch mono speaker POS TV.. :rofl: Thats one of the best parts of the game! The subtle differences in exhaust note and drivetrain noise are friggin' unbelievable..

l Maximus l
06-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Exactly! The sound is so bad ass in Rallisport Challenge 2 that it even is different in the different views that you use! In other words, if you are playing in a 3rd person view, you hear the car as if it is in front of you...if you play in 1st person, you hear the car as if you're inside of it! 3.0? Kman-XBA is garbage...

Unreal
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Dudes!! I realize that I'm probably late with this...but, I finally got a chance to play Rallisport Challenge 2...and this game is friggin' SICK! Seriously...I have no idea why there isn't much hype for this game...this has to be the best Rallisport game ever...bar none. I also think it kicks the hell out of PGR...both graphically and gameplay-wise...

Seriously...you guys should see this game in HDTV...It's mind blowing!!!
I agree with everything you just said. Except for the PGR comment. I am not sure if you are talking about PGR2 or 1. But 2 is amazing and I like just as much as RS2. BTW, the game does look sweet on a HDTV :D

Liquid_o2
06-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I agree this game is awsome. Almost done single player mode and it truly does get really hard near the end. Graphics are awe inspiring, sound is really sweet especially on surround sound. This is how every racing game should be, except I was a little dissapointed with the Live play, but thats not what I got it for.

ShannonX
06-13-2004, 02:08 PM
i agree, i can distinctly hear a different engine sound with each and every single car, both inside the car and outside the car. You cant help but notice it, its right there in your face.

I agree this game is awsome. Almost done single player mode and it truly does get really hard near the end. Graphics are awe inspiring, sound is really sweet especially on surround sound. This is how every racing game should be, except I was a little dissapointed with the Live play, but thats not what I got it for.

yeah, it does get hard, i'm working on the championship mode right now, got about 10 events done so far, finished first in everything so far accept for a 2nd place and a 4th place in 2 of the championship events. I'll have to go back through them and play them over so I can get my perfect season.

SoundX
06-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah I got it last week, so cool. I prefer it over Project Gotham, Sega GT and Collin Mcrae because it seems to have much more varied and fresh gameplay. Deffinently a fantastic game, and I got it for the equivalant of 14 pound from game :D (4 games trade in for 99p). Surprisingly good deal from Game.... (the world's gone nuts, run for the hills)

l Maximus l
06-14-2004, 01:09 AM
What makes the Live play that makes Rallisport not all that great?

AlphaCigara
06-14-2004, 02:03 AM
I haven't heard any complaints about the online mode, in fact IGN says it supports 16 players online, which is sweet for a racing game :hump:

l Maximus l
06-14-2004, 02:09 AM
I haven't heard any complaints about the online mode, in fact IGN says it supports 16 players online, which is sweet for a racing game :hump:

From what I was reading, when there are 16 dudes on XBL, all the cars are in wired frames...but, honestly, why would anyone want to race with that many people on this game? I can understand a NASCAR race or something...but, Rally? lol...errr, I don't think so. But hey, I guess they made it possible anyway :)

Personally, I think 4 is perfect for Rallisport Challenge 2.

Dark Enemy
06-14-2004, 04:10 AM
From what I was reading, when there are 16 dudes on XBL, all the cars are in wired frames...but, honestly, why would anyone want to race with that many people on this game? I can understand a NASCAR race or something...but, Rally? lol...errr, I don't think so. But hey, I guess they made it possible anyway :)

Personally, I think 4 is perfect for Rallisport Challenge 2.

Exactly...Having 16 solid cars on a track doesnt sound fun in rally. 4 is perfect and need be you can go 16 but not have the big ass mess with 16 solid players. Thats why they made it invisible or watever u want to call it

Spaztic
06-14-2004, 10:54 AM
This game is definatly off the hook. I keep getting DDE's though....it happens at no specific spot either. Anyone else having this issue. I hope its not my dvd-rom again. I will proably just get another xbox anywayz since they are pretty cheep!

l Maximus l
06-15-2004, 01:00 AM
This game is definatly off the hook. I keep getting DDE's though....it happens at no specific spot either. Anyone else having this issue. I hope its not my dvd-rom again. I will proably just get another xbox anywayz since they are pretty cheep!

You could do that or just buy a new drive on Ebay. I have a nephew that did that and it works perfectly now. He had the same issues.

pvsurfer03
06-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Whoever was on the staff and reviewed this game, didnt give this game justice. Its the best racing game on xbox now. Probly some of the best graphics on the system also, and live play. What more can you ask for?

SiGuy
06-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I still havent gotten around to trying it. I think maybe I should rent it this weekend.....

CrazyCougar
06-15-2004, 10:15 PM
The game is absoluting breath-takingly good!!!!! The sounds, the graphics, the controls, the sountrack, eh, scratch the sountrack..but its customizable so its all good!!! If you are a fan of racing games or rally racing then this game is a must have!!!!!! Online or offline its just a blast. XSN integration along with standard online play is the bomb! And i will agree, while 16 players racing (as wireframes) for the best time is fun......Its even better with 4, full collision and heavy damage!! That where the fun begins....."Oops, did I push you into that gutter. It was an accident!!! Oh? You lost a tire too?!?! Oh man that sucks, see ya at the finish, when you get there 10 minutes later..LOL!" If you havent tried the game, TRY IT!! You wont regret it.

AlphaCigara
06-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Can't wait to play this game...getting it from borka105 hopefully sometime next week...i'll write a review that does it justice once i get a dozen or so hours into this :cheers:

borka105
06-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Can't wait to play this game...getting it from borka105 hopefully sometime next week...i'll write a review that does it justice once i get a dozen or so hours into this :cheers:

game is on its way buddy :)

* I just shipped it out!

-borka105

thrAsher
06-21-2004, 01:06 AM
This is one of the best games on the Xbox, hands down. I'm really blown away. I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but Rallisport 2 is unlike any racer I've ever played. I honestly can't believe how much I'm digging this game, even though it tosses me DDEs like mad.

Anybody know, actually, if you can copy your data from one Xbox harddrive to another???? I have a lot of savegames I'd hate to lose if I bought a new box, if you catch my drift.

ShannonX
06-21-2004, 10:13 PM
you can copy your profile in rc2 to your memory card, which tracks your career progress. Its small, only about 20K after finishing 1/4 of the championship career and the entire previous 2

Hard Boiled Cop
06-22-2004, 05:42 AM
The game is awesome and its a must get for anyone who hasn't got it.
The lighting effects is what impressed me the most. Its far better than PGR2's lighting.

David Luckey
06-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I got Collin Mcrae Rally 04, and it is ok...but RalliSport Challenge 2 blows it away.

ramprider0
06-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I just got it today and its soo awesome. Me and my friend will be up all night tonight playing it!

Chadizzle
06-25-2004, 09:06 PM

Seriously...you guys should see this game in HDTV...It's mind blowing!!!I wanna get it sooo bad. Tomorrow I might go out and buy it.