PDA

View Full Version : Well I beat Rid****.

Sheeyt
06-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Neat game all in all. Kinda short but hey it was fun the entire time to play. Probably one of the best games I've played in awhile. After playing Rid**** I tried to play Breakdown again.. Psshh Breakdown is crap.

I hope Starbreeze does another Rid**** game in the future, it was a fun game.

hebgbz
06-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Good, then maybe you can help me out. I am completely stuck and have been for hours. I totally don't care to play anymore til someone tells me how to move on. I am at the part where you get the tranq gun, I've tranq'ed and stomped every living soul I can find, except those two guards up on that second story walkway that you can't get to, and now I have no idea where to go. I keep running back and forth from upper mines to the security station to the cargo bay and through all of the ducts, so on and so forth, but getting nowhere.

Am I supposed to be going somewhere? I did come across this one door that when I tried to open it Rid**** say it is locked and he must go see someone for info. Who is he talking about? Am I supposed to go back to the prison or something and if so, how?

Any help would be appreciated.

TOTTEN
06-13-2004, 09:38 AM
is there online multiplayer and if so is it fun?

AlBoogy
06-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Good, then maybe you can help me out. I am completely stuck and have been for hours. I totally don't care to play anymore til someone tells me how to move on. I am at the part where you get the tranq gun, I've tranq'ed and stomped every living soul I can find, except those two guards up on that second story walkway that you can't get to, and now I have no idea where to go. I keep running back and forth from upper mines to the security station to the cargo bay and through all of the ducts, so on and so forth, but getting nowhere.

Am I supposed to be going somewhere? I did come across this one door that when I tried to open it Rid**** say it is locked and he must go see someone for info. Who is he talking about? Am I supposed to go back to the prison or something and if so, how?

Any help would be appreciated.

Im having trouble visualizing the situation. What checkpoint are you on?

PapaSKooT
06-13-2004, 11:14 AM
is there online multiplayer and if so is it fun?
No, just Live Aware (You show up on other user's friends list as playing the single player).

hebgbz
06-13-2004, 11:22 AM
My checkpoint screen say my last checkpoint is number 23. Mining Core

I have the tranquilizer gun and don't know where to go from there.

I have roamed everywhere and killed everyone I've come across except the two mechs-the one roaming around the cargo bay where the big forklift is and the two guys were drilling, and the one guarding the big garage-type door at the security station.

I hate games that do this to me. Absolutely no hints or nothing and I feel the ones who get through were lucky enough to stumble across the next move or have immensely more patience than I. I have moderate patience, but after 2 hours of roaming I am getting frustrated. I know I must be missing something obvious, but...

This shine is coming off the apple on this game because of this.

AlphaCigara
06-13-2004, 11:50 AM
I think i know where you're at, you just met Jagger Valance, and he wants you to go into the mines to get his package. Well, to avoid the mech and the drilling guys, near the entrance of that area in a valve. Turn the valve and a ladder will fall down. Climb up the ladder and there is a ledge you can climb around to avoid the mech and get to the mines. Hope that helped :cheers:

TOTTEN
06-13-2004, 12:38 PM
No, just Live Aware (You show up on other user's friends list as playing the single player).
oh i want it but if its not live i dont think im gonna get it

l Maximus l
06-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Sounds like Rid**** is a great rental...hopefully they'll incorporate a multi-player portion for the game...and make it XBL. That would be sweet!

Sheeyt
06-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm satisfied with the fact that I purchased it.

Heb are you at the spot where you ride the crates down, there is an inmate down there and a dead guard and you can by the traq gun from the inmate?

Then you walk out into a T shaped room with guards on a catwalk to your upper right, a balcony straight ahead with a guard that comes and goes?

AlBoogy
06-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah after you get the tranq gun and deal with those 2 guys you keep going through the mines. On your right there will be big crates and if you are to keep going youll see a big mech guy and some other guys drilling on the right. As soon as you see those crates hang a right and go behind them. You will meet someone there and your game will progress.

hebgbz
06-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I guess I am not visualizing what you all are talking about. I think I give up. I have turned on the valve and the ladder drops and gotten by all of that. As a matter of fact I just tranq'ed everyone, drillers included, and got to the door that is locked. You know, the door that is in that room right after you pass the big pit with the rock cruncher thing at the bottom of it. After I find the door locked, then there is no where to go from there. So, I back track to the freight elevator and take it back up.

As far as the room shaped like a T where the two guards are pacing on the second floor balconey, I have passed that so many time I am sick of it. I just tranq them and run by. I have accessed every room, vent, hung from ladders, ledges, you name it, and still can't find this mystery guy you all say I am supposed to talk to. I even turn the turbines off and jumped in the vent after the blades stopped turning. That merely takes me back to a part I went through long before. Felt like I was starting over at that point. Irritating waste of time.

I guess I will just put it up and wait for someone to write a walkthrough somewhere. Time to move on the Thief or back to an oldie.

Thanks for the tips, but been there, done that. For some reason, I am just missing it. Can't say why really. Up til then everything progressed quite nicely too.

AlphaCigara
06-13-2004, 03:55 PM
I know what you need to do. In that room you go into near the rock pit, you have to crouch and go under the sign to get through the door. There may be a switch somewhere in that room you have to pull, but my memory is getting a bit fuzzy since it's been about a week since i rented and beat this game :)

hebgbz
06-13-2004, 04:43 PM
There is a sign on the door that says to keep it closed because of some reason or other. Go under it? Wierd, but I will see. Seemed like a solid steel door to me, but I will check it out and report back.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

ghost 009
06-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Neat game all in all. Kinda short but hey it was fun the entire time to play. Probably one of the best games I've played in awhile. After playing Rid**** I tried to play Breakdown again.. Psshh Breakdown is crap.

I hope Starbreeze does another Rid**** game in the future, it was a fun game.
I saw you online playing it. I played it on hard for 2 days and I beat it. It is such a great game, good graphic, good gameplay. I wish they make another because it was like perfect dark but then again it wasn't. There were not enough weapons for it to be like pd, the weapons handled diffrently, but when you killed the guys they died just like PD. Shooting the bodies is fun enough. If they made a multiplayer and longer levels and had a good fps/weapons mode for multiplayer I would be playing that as much I would for Halo 2.

Sheeyt
06-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Actually I just like walked around beating the **** out of everyone.

hebgbz
06-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Well, I found Jagger. Now I am lost trying to figure out where this Tower 19 is. Anyone? Sorry for being such a pain, but if I had one complaint about the game it is the lack of direction given. I have never like just roaming around trying to figure out where to go. I am more of a linear player I guess.

Anyway, tips on how to get to Tower 19 are appreciated. Really, thanks.

AlphaCigara
06-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Hmm, not too sure...i think you have to backtrack a lot through the map, and you'll find it eventually :)

l Maximus l
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
I heard from a buddy that Rid**** is actually longer than he thought...I was pretty much floored since he's usually so critical about games being too short :confused:

skorp
06-15-2004, 01:41 AM
A friend of mine who is willing to let me test/play it when he's done said that one thing he didn't like was when he shoots... He feels like a noob. For example you load over 5 shots on an enemy you only land about 2 shots?!... :huh: :)

Anthony4sho
06-15-2004, 10:02 AM
How the hell do you take down those mechs?

AlphaCigara
06-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Which mechs you talking about? If it's the first one you encounter (has dual miniguns on its arms), keep moving and try to shoot it in the back (at least that's what the instruction book says to do :p). For the heavy mech (looks kinda like a frog) you have to shoot the gas canister things overhead so they fall down on him. If it's the small mech in the cryo cell pyramid, use a club. If it's the medium mech you encounter in the cryo pyramid, run from it at first and then fight it with normal guns once you get some guns. Finally, if it's the mechs that can turn invisible at the end of the game, use your eyeshine to see them and blast away! Hope that helped :)

Anthony4sho
06-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Which mechs you talking about? If it's the first one you encounter (has dual miniguns on its arms), keep moving and try to shoot it in the back (at least that's what the instruction book says to do :p). For the heavy mech (looks kinda like a frog) you have to shoot the gas canister things overhead so they fall down on him. If it's the small mech in the cryo cell pyramid, use a club. If it's the medium mech you encounter in the cryo pyramid, run from it at first and then fight it with normal guns once you get some guns. Finally, if it's the mechs that can turn invisible at the end of the game, use your eyeshine to see them and blast away! Hope that helped :)

Well I was talking about Mech's in general. So far I have just gone around them in the dark or run around them since they are kinda slow.

Anywayz, now i'm stuck in the part right after you get the bomb from Jupiter. There are dead ends both ways and I already killed both guards but I have nowhere to go. It says that i should try to hitch a cell ride down but how the hell do I do that?

AlphaCigara
06-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Go back into the mines and put down the bomb. When you exit you'll be taken to that cell thingy.

Anthony4sho
06-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Go back into the mines and put down the bomb. When you exit you'll be taken to that cell thingy.

Thats exactly what I cannot do. After I get the bomb two guards come out. I killed both of them and now their is no way to get down. You can jump, but you will die when you land.

AlphaCigara
06-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh yea, i remember where you're at. I may be mistaken, but i think there are those big prison cart thingies going on a track underneath you. Try and jump on one of those :)

CMX Jedi
06-16-2004, 03:14 PM
i loved the heavy guard part. i wish it was longer thow

ShannonX
06-16-2004, 06:49 PM
would you say this game is a definately rental? I need to conserve my money for a bit and cant buy but a few select games. Think I could beat it in a weekend?

Sheeyt
06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Yea Shannon a definate rental. This game is easily beatable in a days time. If you can dedicate a day or two to playing when rented you can easily beat it. Its an awesome game and a must play though.

CMX Jedi
06-16-2004, 07:12 PM
its way too short for a buy. another vote for a renter.

CRAYMAN
06-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Thats exactly what I cannot do. After I get the bomb two guards come out. I killed both of them and now their is no way to get down. You can jump, but you will die when you land.

Yeah, jump on the lowering crates.

CRAYMAN
06-16-2004, 07:33 PM
would you say this game is a definately rental? I need to conserve my money for a bit and cant buy but a few select games. Think I could beat it in a weekend?

You should be able to beat it in a weekend, but it won't be much fun.

I reccomend you buy, play on HARD and it'll take you a couple weeks maybe, if you play about an hour per day. Then trade it for another.

Otherwise you'll try to finish it on normal or easy and you won't like it.

I wish by finishing it, you could unlock a higher difficulty like in Ninja Gaiden. :confused:

Anthony4sho
06-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Yea this is definitly the best rental ever for the box. If it was longer I would buy it cuz it took nearly the whole rental time to beat it for me. Another great game for the box.

9/10