PDA

View Full Version : MP3 songs burn to Xbox Hard drive?

oldi1knoby
06-14-2004, 12:36 AM
I have an xbox with a Samsung Hard drive. I want to put all my mp3s on the hard drive so I can play them in the background while I kill people in GTA. Can this be done? I tried writing the CD-R as a Data disk AND as a MP3 audio player disk... I got the error :
Your Xbox can't recognize this disk. Make sure it is an xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disk is dirty or damaged. Remove the disk to continue.

Can you put Mp3s on your Xbox? Am I doing something wrong? Will it work if I create ANOTHER Cd-R, but as an audio cd? (only fits 80 minutes)

Any help would be great.

Darkside
06-14-2004, 12:40 AM
yes you can put mp3s on Xbox
you need to purchase Xbox music mixer to transfer MP3 files over from the computer to the xbox
you'll need a cross-over cable or an RJ-45
also the Computer must run on Windows XP or else it won't work

if you don't want to do that you cna write it as an audio cd but some Xbox don't read cd-Rs

oldi1knoby
06-14-2004, 12:42 AM
I have my xbox networked with my computer. Will that work?

And what is this music mixer crap? Does it just transfer files from your computer? Seems like a waste of money just to do that!

Darkside
06-14-2004, 12:47 AM
yes your computer and xbox are networked so it'll work as long as you have Windows XP

Music mIxer also turns your xbox into a karaoke machine fun for parties and crap

oldi1knoby
06-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah Karaoke... lol. Is there any free software out there that will transfer? Seems retarded with the way computers are easily networked that we would have to buy software to do the job for us...

l Maximus l
06-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Software is how everything is done with computers...without it, it's nothing but a machine. You need to tell the machine what to do...and that's done via software.

Anyway, Darkside nailed it...The XBox Music Mixer...I own it...it's actually pretty sweet...it does a hell of a lot more than just transfer MP3s and Karaoke...go check one out at your local game retailer...I think you may like it.

I had a party at my place and I used the XBox Music Mixer for having 3D graphics on my TV...and my surround sound was playing the tunes. Sounded awesome, mainly because the stereo, but, you can do a bunch of crazy graphic stuff while the music is going. Also, you can transfer photos to your XBox and have a slide show going...lots of customizations and so on. It's worth the $29.99 price tag...I have yet to check out the Karaoke portion of it.

oldi1knoby
06-14-2004, 01:26 AM
OK, I think I'll pick it up. Gamestop has it listed as 14.99 on the web page..most likely 20 or 25 in store. thanks guys. Your help has been exceedingly adequate. :):):):):)

jelgiad
06-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I have an xbox with a Samsung Hard drive. I want to put all my mp3s on the hard drive so I can play them in the background while I kill people in GTA. Can this be done? I tried writing the CD-R as a Data disk AND as a MP3 audio player disk... I got the error :
Your Xbox can't recognize this disk. Make sure it is an xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disk is dirty or damaged. Remove the disk to continue.

Can you put Mp3s on your Xbox? Am I doing something wrong? Will it work if I create ANOTHER Cd-R, but as an audio cd? (only fits 80 minutes)

Any help would be great.

I dont know why no one else has said it yet, but you can make an audio cd burned onto a CD-RW, and then rip them on to your xbox that way. Just another option other than buying the music mixer.

TheWheelMan
06-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Ya i have lots of music on my xbox and most of it is from cd-r's

MaxPain
06-16-2004, 05:27 AM
OK, I think I'll pick it up. Gamestop has it listed as 14.99 on the web page..most likely 20 or 25 in store. thanks guys. Your help has been exceedingly adequate.

Lol!!! It's funny you say that.. $14.99 on webpage .. and $20 or $25 in store. Because thats exactly what ebgames does.. I think gamestop is alittle more honest.

Funny story though.. I went to buy counterstrike and espn nba like a month ago.. cs was $30 at gamestop and everywhere else but ebgames which still had it for $50.. espn nba was $40 everywhere except ebgames which was $50... and when i went in the guy.. I see his tag on his shirt "jeff" says some bs i don't really remember... anyways I ended up getting the games from gamestop and calling them back telling them cs was only 30 at gamestop. So about a week ago I was playing rb3 on live.. owning everyone like usual. :D and im in a 16 room dedicated. So i hear this guy talk about how he went to e3 and stuff.. and another guy says.. "how about hooking me up with some stuff" and hes like.. well if u come to lima ohio, and come to ebgames maybe I will. which is exactly where I live!!. Now the odds off that are slim to none.. and im like telling him how much ebgames is a rip off.. and asked if his name was jeff.. and hes like yeah.. wtf who is this??.. then started going on about how cs has always been $30 since the markdown.. being rude etc..

Yeah.. maybe im the only one that finds this funny.. I guess you had to go through it :hump: