PDA

View Full Version : Wireless

heartsxcarved
01-19-2002, 05:03 PM
I am using a wireless reciever to get my cable modem from the compture upstairs. So , how do i get it to work with my xbox? i have my reviever hooked up to a usb port, and the ethernet card isnt being used. So i put a cable from my ethernet card to the xbox and it doesnt work. If you can help me please do!

Snoopy7548
01-19-2002, 05:36 PM
i heard that wireless isnt good for online stuff like gaming on the xbox

Frostberg
01-19-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

Ummm...now how could it possibly be "bad"?

Frostberg
01-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by heartsxcarved
...So i put a cable from my ethernet card to the xbox and it doesnt work...

Well you ant just put a cable from your Xbox into your computer...it doesnt work that way...you have to get a crossover cable if you want to do it like than, and because your NIC is open thats a cheap choice...go to circuit city or amazon.com and you can get one for $5.99 also the Xbox system link cable does the same thing, but it is more money because it has the Xbox logo on it, and it is longer...

heartsxcarved
01-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Thanks, is that all i have to do?

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 01:50 PM
pretty much, and go download the software...
go here for a walkthrough and FAQs and stuff on setting everything up
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

Also heres a pic to make it even easier, it isint that complicated really...install arcade, install tunnel, restart, plug into pc, plug into xbox and your set...
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/images/tunnel/n5.gif

heartsxcarved
01-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Thanks again, i already have gamespy and everything becuase ive played it online before i got my wireless network. i just needed to know how to hook it up. thanks for all the help!

The Terminator
01-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

Wireless DSL = Bad

I'm misforunate enough to be stuck w/ it. It sux for gaming, so I really do not care about online gaming until my connection gets upgraded. So far, no better ISPs in my area.

Wireless Ethernet Card = Expensive, but less annoying. If you have a big house, it'd definately be worth it.

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 02:49 PM
tisk tisk tisk...before you guys reply PLEASE READ! Where you got wireless DSL is beyond me...he said exactly...
"I am using a wireless reciever to get my cable modem from the compture upstairs."
Now he had some wacky think at the end of comp, but he still says he has a cable modem on the computer upstairs...and he is wirelessly using it because he doesnt want to use a long RJ-45 running through the house...it sounds very logical to me...now if you figure a good wireless 802.11b lan is 10MBps...his cable modem cant download that fast, so how can it be "bad"? PLEASE fully read and understand before we get people going who do the same thing