PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing just happened to me. (Very Depressing)

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Just about 20-30 minutes ago, I went Blockbuster to rent 2 Xbox games. But guess what....Every single Xbox game worth renting was sold out. Games like Bloodwake, Max Payne, Star Wars :Obi-Wan, Star Wars: StarFighter, Fever, NBA Live, NFL Madden, Project Gotham, Halo, SSX Tricky, NASCAR Heat 2002...you name it..all of them was all sold out. And what makes me mad is that games that I really hate like Oddworld, NHL 2002, NHL Hitz, Dave Mirra, and Azurik was all in. That never happened to me before. And I look at the Gamecube section and everything was in.

And this is why I say that Sony must have some type of connections with Blockbuster because PS2 has a ***** load of games. I mean a game like MGS2 will have like 15 copies available. Or SSX Tricky will have like 8-10 copies in. Same with Smackdown GTA3, FFX etc... And Gamecube and Xbox doesn't get that kid of treatment. So that's why I say that Sony must have some connections with them. And to add more reason to that...remember when BB was giving away DVDs and DVD movies? well the DVD players that they were giving away the the little contest thing was a Sony DVD. Even on those BB commercials where they talk about the DVDs that you can rent from them...when they show the guy with his huge DVD systems...I look at it hard and the System he has is a Sony...I mean speakers and everything. Go figure....

But anyways that kind of makes me mad.:mad:

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 06:44 PM
you should have gotten Dave Mirra 2, wipeout mode is awesome, GET POINTS FOR CRASHING!

anthrax0r
01-19-2002, 07:13 PM
If thats the most depressing thing that has happened to you then consider yourself lucky :p

Heh anyways, I just rented two games from Blockbuster myself. Though my situation looked to be just the opposite of yours. Most all games were out (even the bad ones) with the exception of Bloodwake and Silent Hill 2x which i quickly picked up and checked out :D

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Hell, you were lucky. Because I would love to have Silent Hill 2 and Bloodwake.

Toonz
01-19-2002, 07:26 PM
My Blockbuster has like 5-10 copies of every Xbox title availible. I think Microsoft is helping them out as well because the really big games like HALO and PGR all say " Not For Resale " on them so I bet they got them for cheap and or free. You have to give it time. I bet they get 10 people that want to rent a PS2 game to every 1 person looking to pick up a Xbox title. That will soon change though as more people purchase a Xbox. I bet around Xmas this year you will see the sections relatively the same size. If the games are always rented that means demand is high and I am sure they will adjust the quantities accordingly as the Xbox grows

XBA Staff
01-19-2002, 07:29 PM
But I still think that Blockbuster has some connections with Sony.

BiohazardEHW
01-19-2002, 07:47 PM
The local Blockbuster around here had DOA3, Halo, PGR, etc. All the launch titles when they first came out. I havent been there in a while...mainly because I work near a Premire Videos, so I just check out the stuff they got...which I havent done in a while ironically...

sinizuh
01-19-2002, 08:19 PM
i went to blockbuster today (rented Max Payne! awesome!) and i went to see if they had FFX in... they had 7 copies in. shocking. maybe because everyone has bought it or because you can't pass it in 3 days... unless you clear your calander and lock yourself in your room.

they had like 20+ copies of MGS2 in... i should have looked for GTA3...

oh well...

Frostberg
01-19-2002, 11:50 PM
This just means the Xbox is better because the games are so good you cant keep em in stock, and the PoS2 games are collecting dust because no one wants to rent em

Infinite
01-20-2002, 12:18 AM
I agree with you totaly Tyrel. I think SOny has deep connections with BB.

I go to my blockbuster and theres only 3 copies of Halo and 10 copies of Smackdown 3.

I really hope microsoft starts getting that "royal treatment"

dont worry tyrel your not alone:(

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 12:33 AM
Yeah but there are only 3 copies of Halo because its a better game and people are renting it...

Now Blockbuster is owned by Viacom...and for instance Viacom owns MTV...what show ISINT being sponsored by the XBox? Blockbuster is pretty neutral...they want to make the most money thay can, so they arent going to buy too many PS2 games just to not be rented...however that game that can only be rented at blockbuster for 30 days before it comes out in stores for the PS2 makes this interesting...

nascarfan
01-20-2002, 05:10 AM
In my town we don't have a Blockbuster but we have two other video stores. Neither one of them rents Xbox games but they have tons of PS2 games and some GCN games. When I asked one of the managers why they don't have Xbox games, she said because the Xbox would flop and end up like the Dreamcast so they aren't going to have any Xbox games.

Snoopy7548
01-20-2002, 08:22 AM
my blockbuster sucks, they had like 20 copies of ssx for ps2, and like 2 copies of it for the xbox! i was so mad. and i tried to rent obi wan, and i brought it up to the counter, and i couldnt get it because for "some reason" it wasnt in the inventory! but it was on the shelf! i was so mad. i think they should get more copies of xbox games, since ps2 has so many copies of games. they probly favor ps2 over the xbox, or maybe since more people have the ps2, more people rent ps2 games

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 11:05 AM
my blockbuster sucks, they had like 20 copies of ssx for ps2, and like 2 copies of it for the xbox! i was so mad. and i tried to rent obi wan, and i brought it up to the counter, and i couldnt get it because for "some reason" it wasnt in the inventory! but it was on the shelf! i was so mad. i think they should get more copies of xbox games, since ps2 has so many copies of games. they probly favor ps2 over the xbox, or maybe since more people have the ps2, more people rent ps2 games

I agree 100% with you. That's why I hate the PS2 more than the Gamecube. But I said this a billion time before and I'm going to say it again...just wait til this spring/summer that is when the Xbox and Gamecube start to show off their best sides.

Toonz
01-20-2002, 11:27 AM
Especially when it goes online hehe haha hehe :p

Frost
01-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Just be happy that you can rent games. The closest BB to me is a good 45 mins away. I havn't rented a single xbox game and probably never will. :( Anyway, I agree that Sony has connections with BB. I always wondered why the PoS1 section was twice the size as the N64 section was.

SciFi
01-21-2002, 03:14 PM
in my Hollywood Video, the Xbox and GCN combined have 1/2 of a row... The PS2 has the oter 1/2 plus the next 2...then the N64 has 1 and the DC has 1/2...

manchufu
01-21-2002, 03:32 PM
I don't go to blockbuster, they had 4 xbox games, and it really ****ed me off, so i go to hollywood video, they have a HUGE selection, and lots of it

Xboxmaster2001
01-21-2002, 05:19 PM
I work at Blockbuster and the reason they have mre sony games the main reason is that its been out longer and that says more people have PS2 so they order more because there are more PS2 owners out there than xbox owners right now anyway personaly i think PS2 sucks big time.

facadeface
01-21-2002, 06:24 PM
In my local Blockbuster in Stratford Ontario, the price to rent a game is $6.66. I sh%t you not. When I rented Silent Hill 2 I noticed that which was pretty funny......and a little creepy considering the game. Just thought I'd add that.:p

XBA Staff
01-22-2002, 10:52 AM
In a way I'm kinda glad that I didnt spend $10 on renting 2 games because I'm trying to save up money now to buy WWF Raw when it comes out.