PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2: Underated!

SoundX
06-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey guys,

I just got this game today, and I have to say, it's friggin amazing. Deffinently hasn't had the publicity it deserves. It's fantastic.

The graphics have been way improved since the first one, and the physics are AWSOME. I took my first shot in the game and hit someone square in the face, it went into some nice slow-mo action and he went catapulting against the wall, knocked over a shelf, the contents extremely realisticly covered him and a box along side toppled over him. And this wasn't a cut-scene, in game. I loved it, reminded me off Half Life 2's physics demonstrations.
The Game itself is also awsome, alot more interactivity than before, and alot better story too.
It's basicaly Max Payne just ten times better and a rearangement of the control scheme (alot easier to do stuff now).
Deffinently worth the 30 pounds I paid for it, to be honest, I've never enjoyed a shooter so much since Halo.
And yet as brilliant as this game is, I've never heard anyone speak a word of it or Acknowledge it's exsistance. Have you people played this game? What are your opinions? Thoughts, ect. Blah Blah. Anyway, I'm off for some more of it :D

AlphaCigara
06-14-2004, 02:36 PM
I got this game for my birthday along with the Grand Theft Auto DP and have loved it to death. Cool story, cool characters, cool graphics, and a great theme song. People don't talk about it much b/c it's a pretty short game (a bit over 10 hours long) and it's kinda old.

SoundX
06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Doesn't seem short to me, I'm on Chapter 7, Part One I think. How many parts are there?

Spaztic
06-14-2004, 02:43 PM
your almost done!

good game, way to short!

SoundX
06-14-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm almost done? DAMNIT!

No wonder their were so many difficulty levels. Damn.
Ah well, I still won't change my opinion.

LTM360
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
yeah, I had to asume you hadn't beat it yet. It's an insanely short game, though very good, just short. I think Max Payne 3 will be longer since that's the biggest complaint about Max and Max 2 is the duration. Let's hope for a longer game in 3.

SoundX
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Guess I'll be finishing it off tonight then... Crap... lol

RockTheCasba
06-14-2004, 05:07 PM
its overrated it took me 3 or 4 hours to beat

Sheeyt
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately the Max Payne games are way to short. Both are great games thought 2 was an awesome play.

LTM360
06-14-2004, 06:49 PM
its overrated it took me 3 or 4 hours to beat

You can't really call them overrated because they are short. The reason the Max Payne games don't get almost perfect scores is because they are too short. The games do get the reviews the deserve, they are both fantastic, and great action games. Yeah, the duration of 2 especially made me mad, but hey, we can't complain, a great story, great action, well worth $30 to me. (Max Payne 2)

SoundX
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
You can't really call them overrated because they are short. The reason the Max Payne games don't get almost perfect scores is because they are too short. The games do get the reviews the deserve, they are both fantastic, and great action games. Yeah, the duration of 2 especially made me mad, but hey, we can't complain, a great story, great action, well worth $30 to me. (Max Payne 2)

*peers down at the list of what LTM has "removed" from his collection* :cry:

lol

Yeah, I didn't actualy complete it last night, I autosaved at a damn bad moment as mona on the big sniping bit. No matter what I did, I kept getting shot in the head instantly a falling down the scafolding. :angry:
I deffinently like the way the story unfolds, pritty clever.

JJaX
06-15-2004, 04:23 PM
I rented the game and beat it on my second sitting. The game did not offer any challenge, and variety. I just used an ingram the whole game and it was still to easy.

Took about 5 hours to beat.

SoundX
06-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Completed it now, I have to say, it wasn't that short in my opinion. Deffinently wish there was more though.

Does the game change the higher the setting gets? IE More men in rooms, placed in different areas ect. Or are they just harder to kill?

LTM360
06-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Completed it now, I have to say, it wasn't that short in my opinion. Deffinently wish there was more though.

Does the game change the higher the setting gets? IE More men in rooms, placed in different areas ect. Or are they just harder to kill?

Yes, I traded Max 2 because I just wanted some new games, and I got them :) . Anyways, I started a harder difficulty, but never finished it, they only difference is, some parts there will be more people, and they are harder to kill, and you are easier to kill, I think Dead Man Walking is the hardest difficulty if I remember, and you die in one shot if you wanna give that one a try.

SoundX
06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
I think Dead Man Walking is the hardest difficulty if I remember, and you die in one shot if you wanna give that one a try.

:yikes:

Dead from one shot? Jesus, deffinently not gonna be trying to complete it again on that setting.

I think there's a fair ammount of replay value in this just for the kicks of blasting a man out the window and watching scafolding, boxes, ect, pile up ontop of him. Fun :eek:

I actualy haven't done Max 1 yet, mainly because I got loads of other great games the following week. So I'll have to finish that off to.

David Luckey
07-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I need to get it-but first I need some money...
How much do you guys think I can sell my virtual boy+2 games+ an adaptor I made to plug the thing into the wall instead of taking 8 batteries?

Peepers
07-03-2004, 03:32 AM
I only rented this game. I played it for, at most, an hour or two before I set it aside in disgust. Max Payne 2 sucks.

Ninjermy
07-03-2004, 10:35 AM
how can u do that peepers??? this game owns!!!

me and my friend had it for his PC (maxpayne1) and we played it everyday it was the greatest game ever! i wudnt mind renting the second one because i no it wont take that long but cmon, the max payne series IS one of the best out there.

Peepers
07-03-2004, 03:12 PM
how can u do that peepers??? this game owns!!!

me and my friend had it for his PC (maxpayne1) and we played it everyday it was the greatest game ever! i wudnt mind renting the second one because i no it wont take that long but cmon, the max payne series IS one of the best out there.

Mostly, it felt just like Max Payne 1 to me--a game I wasn't crazy about in the first place.