PDA

View Full Version : girlfriend -=VS=- Xbox

scrotemus
06-14-2004, 03:59 PM
i had a little problem with my girlfriend about my Xbox this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any stories about their partners having issues about the xbox, play time etc...

i picked up KOTOR not too long ago and i have been playing it alot lately. i wouldn't go to sleep (and i mean sleep, not sex) with my girlfriend (girls will tell you that going to sleep at the same time as they do is a special 'thing' to them). anyways, all of a sudden she comes out of the bedroom crying her eyes out yelling ' the worst mistake i ever made was buying you that thing!!'. another one that i have to laugh at is 'i feel like i'm competing with that THING'. hahaha. after about 40 minutes of that i finally put my controller down - i couldnt really concentrate with her crying and carrying on. but what a great game KOTOR is. i've finished it twice as light guardian and dark consular and plan to go through one more time as a sentinel. hahaha.

BunnyRabbit
06-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Get a clue son.. And a ***** while youre at it.

Thats alot time on that game.. I wont be suprised if she dumped you..sheesh :bump:

Brutus
06-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, man. To them this is our Fanatical Fantasy land where we become the bad @sses of the entire world (Or Galaxy) and they're right! I'm usually stuck in a Fantasy world warding off Fiends (You know, releiving them of their heads) or Blowing Covenant Sky high. She doesn't like that but totally digs it with certain games like Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive 3 when everyone comes over and we all just have short, fun matches. That's a good time.
That's what she wants & you know I always gotta' have time for my sweety. I don't even live with her though! You got it rough man! I guess you could do like I do and play games she'd be into (Maybe the upcoming Playboy game or fighting games) or just not play when they're around which is what I do.
I feel sorry for you though man. It's pretty rough.
Buy Music Mixer and have a night of Karaoke with it and maybe she'll like that Black Box once again.

tennyson
06-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm going to have to agree with BunnyRabbit. That's a hell of a lot of time on KOTOR, and while women can sometimes be adverse to gaming, you should still look at your prorities. I can see if it happened every night, but three times through that RPG had to cosume some serious hours.

Slowride
06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Man my girl hates it when I play my xbox. Even if she is on the computer and not watching tv or talking to me she still hates it. I basically just play it when she's at work or school. My priority is definetly her over xbox, but sometimes I just want to play damnit!!! Oh well.....live and let live.

RockTheCasba
06-14-2004, 05:06 PM
u r not a smart feller

Splinter-Seal
06-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Lol. Funny stuff. The ole' girlfriend vs. the Xbox debate. People of all kinds have hobbies. Hobbies are in part, a main staple of our sanity. If all we did was work, or go to school, and then cater to our friends of the opposite sex, then we would in fact go insane. Well, I would anyways. Of course hobbies vary from one person to the next. Alot of my friends whom I raced MX with for so many years cannot understand why I enjoy gaming so much. That is them, this is me. I will agree however, there should be a median. I wouldn't spend all my time glued to my television, breaching doors, and tossing in flashbangs. But, I would spend as much time as I found reasonable.

Getting a tad off topic here; spending too much time doing anything as seditary as playing video games, is simply not healthy. Not only from a physical aspect, but from a mental, and social one aswell. Eventually friends that are from a different mold will seem to wander off, mates will find you uninteresting, and your health will ultimately go to the pot, in time.

Basically what I'm saying is -spend less time playing video games not to make your girlfriend happy, but for yourself. Gaming, in my opinion should be an experience of leisure, when all the day's tasks are complete. A time when you would like to forget all the papers, and/or labors of the day, and take a pause from reality. As an added bonus, you just might make your girl happy. So, you have killed two birds with one stone, and you will ultimately appreciate time spent playing games alot more.

Just some insight from experiences I have had. Opinion, if you will.

:cheers:

Sheeyt
06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
My wife is actually cool about it. Sometimes she'll play games on the PC so I play Xbox.

BunnyRabbit
06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Itd be cool and uncool at the same time.. If it was you crying and your girlfriend on the video games.. I could never imagine that as I have never been exposed to such atrocity.

Trento52
06-14-2004, 07:31 PM
well imagined you loved this girl awhole lot but she was spending all her time let's say on the phone adn you can never get free time with her ..wouldn't that be alittle frustrating. Well never mind you would probably just go play KOTOR some more or something. :p That is why we are here on xbox"addict" :hump:

peejay
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Getting a tad off topic here; spending too much time doing anything as seditary as playing video games, is simply not healthy.

I think you meant "sedentary." :cool:

Variation-XBA
06-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Your an idiot if you choose games > gf :P
I've had the situation reversed as well, it sucks just as bad :P

l Maximus l
06-15-2004, 12:58 AM
I compromise with my wife...Every Sunday is my day to do whatever I want and she can do whatever she wants. I usually have a buddy over...we drink beer and play XBox...mainly Halo over XBC...But, we mix it up with Ninja Gaiden and Rallisport Challenge 2.

If my wife isn't home and I don't have much to do, I either come here to XBA or play some more vids solo. It's all in how to make sure your woman is prioritized.

Splinter-Seal
06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
I think you meant "sedentary." :cool:

And that is all the words of wisdom you have for us today? At least you have decent observation. You might accidently make it in life. :cool:

You got the point. I'm sure the author did aswell. :hail: you.

ThaWatcher
06-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Get married and put the controller down....Only a fool would choose an inanimate object over an animate one. If you have more fun with your xbox than with your woman, then you need to find another woman...

Spaztic
06-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Well coming from experience....I always give my girl the time of day as soon as I come into the house. Seriously all it takes is about 5 minutes of you talking about her, then I might catch a game or two, never really going over an hour. Sometimes she will be doing something and I will catch some more time, but I have learned to balance my gf with xbox. I honestly like my new gf and would like to keep her around. The past gf I had I really didn't care for some reason and just played xbox for hours. She would be like "I'm leaving", I would be like "I really didn't ask, but when you come back bring me some beer". SLAM!!!

Slowride
06-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I compromise with my wife...Every Sunday is my day to do whatever I want and she can do whatever she wants. I usually have a buddy over...we drink beer and play XBox...mainly Halo over XBC...But, we mix it up with Ninja Gaiden and Rallisport Challenge 2.

If my wife isn't home and I don't have much to do, I either come here to XBA or play some more vids solo. It's all in how to make sure your woman is prioritized.

Listen to the man. Don't let his alcoholic simpsons loving sig fool you. He is wise beyond his years and is XBA's illegitimate son.

Carnage
06-15-2004, 04:19 PM
She would be like "I'm leaving", I would be like "I really didn't ask, but when you come back bring me some beer". SLAM!!!

lol thats gold man!

And to Scrotemus, it sounds like you need to take a look at your priorities.
If youre more serious about KOTOR than you are about your woman, then you need to tell her that straight up, and stop wasting her time.

Heh and when youre done conquering the galaxy a couple more times, and you look around for her to gloat to, but find nothing but an empty room... maybe youll then realize the error of your ways. :cheers:

Shadow20002
06-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Wish you the best to get her back then.

MaxPain
06-16-2004, 05:04 AM
gf's are for losers who don't know how to dl pr0n... xbox 24/7 is life.

Heavens Gate
06-17-2004, 06:59 AM
i had a little problem with my girlfriend about my Xbox this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any stories about their partners having issues about the xbox, play time etc...

i picked up KOTOR not too long ago and i have been playing it alot lately. i wouldn't go to sleep (and i mean sleep, not sex) with my girlfriend (girls will tell you that going to sleep at the same time as they do is a special 'thing' to them). anyways, all of a sudden she comes out of the bedroom crying her eyes out yelling ' the worst mistake i ever made was buying you that thing!!'. another one that i have to laugh at is 'i feel like i'm competing with that THING'. hahaha. after about 40 minutes of that i finally put my controller down - i couldnt really concentrate with her crying and carrying on. but what a great game KOTOR is. i've finished it twice as light guardian and dark consular and plan to go through one more time as a sentinel. hahaha.

Look at it this way. There's alot of other *worse* things you could be doing. She should appreciate the fact that your at home playing Xbox rather than at a bar, strip club, womanizing, drugging, gone all the time or simply a heartless bastage. I say keep playin and have fun. There's worse things you could be doing. Alot worse

smack_roscoe
06-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Momma ain't happy, Poppa ain't happy. Find a happy medium or this drama will continue.

Brutus
06-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Momma ain't happy, Poppa ain't happy. Find a happy medium or this drama will continue.
If I ever run into John Carey, I'm going to punch him in his fat head!!

sped
06-17-2004, 04:14 PM
My gf likes to play games too, all types, I guess im just lucky.

JimmieDoogan
06-17-2004, 04:51 PM
I haven't played Xbox in about two months because I just recently got with my lady. She's a sweet heart though and she likes games... She dug on watching me play Rid**** the one time I played Xbox since I've been with her. I miss my Xbox... but I don't have to miss doin it seeing as how she's getting the attention that she deserves ;). But tonight... I'm playing Rid****. :hump: