PDA

View Full Version : Psi-Ops or Driv3r?

Sigma
06-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Im once again faced with a decission to buy either Psi-Ops or Driv3r.

While Driv3r looks really good. I haven't played it yet so I can't really judge on how good it really is.

Psi-Ops on the other hand I have played the demo and loved it. I will buy Psi-Ops for sure, but the question is which one do I buy first since they release within a week of each other.

Im very tempted to buy Psi-Ops tomorrow, but with Driv3r's release just a week away im thinking I should wait till next week when the reviews for Driv3r are out.

So what do you guys think?

l Maximus l
06-15-2004, 01:01 AM
I'd rent Driv3r first if I were you. Personally, I didn't think Psi-Ops was all that nor a bag of chips. But, that was me...

JuniorBrady
06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
I am gonna get both of these games. Which do you like more? The action on foot or the driving stuff? That should pretty much answer your question. Luckily I can get boht of these, so I am a pretty happy camper.

AlphaCigara
06-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Psi-Ops is the only one i've played, and i agree with you when you said that demo was awesome. Also, it's been getting solid reviews (8.4 from gamespot, 8.5 from IGN). Driv3r on the other hand is a bit more of a mystery. I haven't seen any reviews from big sites, but the ones i have seen were in the 7-8 out of 10 range. Personally, I'd purchase Psi-Ops, and then rent Driv3r and see what you think of it :cheers:

mattgame
06-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm gonna wait on both. I just don't have 50 dollars to throw around anymore. If I had the choice I would go with Psi-ops. I think the demo was good except the dreaded camera was slow at times.

TheWheelMan
06-15-2004, 10:33 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/psiops/review.html .......Theres the review for Psi-ops

Sigma
06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Yeah I have seen all the reviews for Psi-Ops and im kinda leaning towards it. If Driv3r turns out good then I will buy it a few weeks later that if I buy Psi-Ops this week.

LTM360
06-15-2004, 12:36 PM
DRIV3R, Midway games always fall in price quick because nobody ever buys them.

Okay that's not really true, but I'll give Psi-Ops 3 months an it'll be $29.99.

BEATNGU
06-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Personally I couldn't wait 3 months on either of these titles for the price to drop. They're both so kick @$$!! If you have to choose which one of these titles to get first though (if you can't get both within a decent amount of time), I'd say.. go with Driver3! I put Driver3 on reserve the day I saw the trailers, behind the scenes/making of driver, and all the other stuff (like the short movie "Run the Guantlet"). I did, however, rack my brain :bang: until I came up with a way to get Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy today (the release date). Which I did but I still would have wated for Driver3 over Psi Ops if I could only choose one.

My thoughts on Psi Ops after playing the game are that it *&^$%#! rocks!! It's got Cold's music video on there (if you're down with Cold) and lots of other special features. The game itself is jaw dropping! The graphics are superb, the plot gets pushed along with great cut scenes, and the "Psi Ops" aspect of the game is not only fun as HeLL but really origonal and innovative. I Love this Game!... but, I'd still get Driver3 over this if I had only one choice.

JuniorBrady
06-16-2004, 08:19 AM
I should be getting Psi Ops today in the mail, and Driv3r a week from now. i pre-ordered both and will be interested to see which one I end up playing more as the summer goes on.

TheWheelMan
06-16-2004, 09:36 AM
you people are all so lucky :cry: :bang: :cuss:

TheWheelMan
06-16-2004, 09:37 AM
I mean im "thewheelman" here and im not even getting the game that i am meant to have its a total crock of **** o rapture!!

Sigma
06-16-2004, 11:41 AM
I ended up buying Psi-Ops if Driv3r is as good as it looks I will have to put myself into debt to buy it next week.

JuniorBrady
06-17-2004, 07:57 AM
WheelMan, how can you NOT be getting Driv3r when it comes out? That makes me sad. Well, Psi Ops didn't come last night, so I gess I'll get it today...hopefully. I have all week to get good at that before Driv3r comes. We will see which I like better.

TheWheelMan
06-17-2004, 08:50 AM
I cant get either game because I - AM - BROKE!!!!

Variation-XBA
06-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Omg driv3r will be way better :P

TheWheelMan
06-17-2004, 02:36 PM
theres new videos up now on driv3r.com watch the truck chase it looks real sweet!!!

JuniorBrady
06-18-2004, 07:37 AM
I really like the swimming stuff. I didn't think that I would, but it actually looks pretty cool. Those videos are nice. I'll be spazzing about this for the next week.

TheWheelMan
06-18-2004, 10:00 AM
ya that was nuts he hopped out of the boat and swam which was really interesting.......also in the truck chase one it was awesome how he was like throwing grenades out the back of the truck and how wicked it looked when a cop car got hit by one :cheers: