PDA

View Full Version : Does "Dances With Broom Sticks" Have A Life?

redflamingo
07-25-2001, 12:24 AM
Jeez, I mean DWBS posts at least half the threads on this entire web site! And he's not even a staff member! You need to get a girlfriend, dude!

Severe_Tire_Damage
07-25-2001, 12:32 AM
I don't have a life. I try to make up for it by spending alot of time on forums and lying about what I do for a living. Right now Im the president of the United States.

Aaron
07-25-2001, 06:16 PM
well see, heres how i look at it. I dont want these forums to become clogged with a bunch of bull**** posts cause someone wants to show off their post amount. I have warned him twice, if it continues, i will delete all of his posts, and that my friends is true. Its dam true.

WheresYOURgoldMedal?
07-26-2001, 01:14 AM
yea and if that doesnt work, ill chop him up into little peices, wrap each of them individually, put them into a box, but that box into a bigger box, mail it to myself and SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!

CodeScribe
07-26-2001, 01:20 AM
*backs away slowly*

*Makes note to self*

Never to piss WheresYOURgoldMedal? off.

WheresYOURgoldMedal?
07-26-2001, 01:23 AM
cmon code. . . dont tell me youve never seen "The Emperor's New Groove". . and besides its not like id actually do that. . id prolly just tie him to a chair and make him watch CSPAN for hours on end. . its torture enough right?

Door69
07-26-2001, 01:34 AM
even though i am not in this little conv. i think thats a little too harsh with thee cspan SMASH HIM WITH THE HAMMER

Door69
07-26-2001, 01:36 AM
Just kidding

CodeScribe
07-26-2001, 01:36 AM
LOL I forgot about that line. I never laughed so hard during a Disney movie. Especially the end when the fight the witch.

Aaron
07-26-2001, 05:16 AM
im sorry CodeScribe, i refuse. Out and out refusal.

do the drew
07-26-2001, 11:32 AM
how long has he been on the boards? that is a damn hell lotta posts!

Dr_J
07-26-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
well see, heres how i look at it. I dont want these forums to become clogged with a bunch of bull**** posts cause someone wants to show off their post amount.

Wow! Your tone has certainly change since the last time I was here. Good to hear you feel this way. I was really hoping this place wouldn't turn into another IGN. Glad to hear it!

Unless.......you just want to have more posts than him and you're just using this as an excuse.....hmmmmmmmm.

:)

CodeScribe
07-26-2001, 07:56 PM
Question. Why are a couple of people's post numbers going down (me, Dances, Funionz, etc)? I've been at 110 like four times. lol Are the threads being trimmed?

Dr_J
07-26-2001, 08:31 PM
Personally, I think the number of posts should be removed from underneath people's names. That way, people won't be driven by it. Maybe make rank changes behind the scenes. Or, not even tie it to number of posts. Maybe have it go by time spent here or how long it's been since they've signed up.

The ultimate thing would be a "chain of command" Mods can decide what criteria is used to determine what status you deserve and they can promote you. Like how much information you provide people, how well you get along with people, if you submit news or contibute anything else to the site.....that way, eveyone wins. The site gets more **** and the little people get rewarded for it.

Like now, the admins want to upgrade to a better server.....what can we do to help? If we help out, we get brownie points.

It will go the other way too. If you screw up, mouth off, think you are better than people because you have a higher rank, or kiss ass to try to get promoted.....you get demoted.

I think as long as the power to demote and promote people doesn't go to people's heads and they use it responsibly, it would work out great.

What do you think, guys?

CodeScribe
07-27-2001, 12:35 AM
Ranks? What are you talking about? There aren't any ranks other than Admin and Mod. Unless you count Admitee, Resident, and Hardcore Addict. But those don't really matter since you can change the status tag under your name.

Dr_J
07-27-2001, 07:14 PM
No ****, Sherlock. The point of that post was just a suggestion.