PDA

View Full Version : Have I made a bad mistake investing in NG?

SoundX
06-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I just ordered a copy from Amazon, and after reading about all this people getting so frustrated with its difficulty, I was wondering if it's such a wise choice for me.
Because, when I get a game and get stuck, I do it non-stop for hours, and if I don't pass that section, I leave the game alone. Let it die in the dust.

... well, I guess I need to whip out my original controller incase I feel the urge to mash it against the side of the tv.

AlphaCigara
06-16-2004, 04:39 PM
It really is a good game, but unfortunately i did the same thing you did (get frustrated, then not play it for months). I sold my copy a few weeks ago, and maybe when i feel like picking it up again i'll just rent it.

Shadow20002
06-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Hmm....wow seems like everyone is on the way to not enjoy it at all.

skorp
06-16-2004, 07:47 PM
I love the game... Personally I think you made a great investment... It's in legendary status in my book! But it depends on your preference and of course patience. If you do plan to give up just take a short break and then start back to cutting up some enemies again... It worked for me... You'll be fine!

:cheers:

BunnyRabbit
06-16-2004, 08:34 PM
No no its not THAT frustrating.. Its absolutely endless enjoyment.. and with new DLC on the way so I hear.. Those are just choco chips in the cookies. :)

Although it can get maddening I suppose.. I just punch my knee though and jump up all #(&%^$(%@&^$@~!!!!!

Darkside
06-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Not really frustrating just breathe put the controller down and walk away

GRAVEDIGGER
06-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Breathing sounds like a plan. Everyone is complainin about how hard the game is, well if it was easy then it would be no fun. Easy games suk, they bore too fast In my opinion.

SoundX
06-19-2004, 11:20 AM
lol, gettin pritty frustrated waiting for it come. :)

thanks guys

CrispyBacon
06-25-2004, 03:02 PM
I really don't think it's all that difficult in the end and I didn't find any of it frustrating because the gameplay was so deep. The first 10 chapters or so, you'll find yourself struggling with certain parts simply because your skills aren't developed. The last few chapters I actually found much easier, because by that time, I had mastered the controls and combos. The second time through the game, I have to admit it was pretty simple (on Normal difficulty). Give the game a chance and challenge yourself to master it. You won't be disappointed because NG is truely a masterpiece, imo.

Ninjermy
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
my advice, DO NOT PUT THE CONTROLLER DOWN!!! i did that after i beat the game, its been more then a month since i have touched the cartridge. keep trying and trying and if you really think it is physically impossible, go back a few savepoints and work ur way there with more poitions. i also used online stradegy guides alot. nothing wrong with a few pointers and hints! :D

Chadizzle
06-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Its a ok game. For me it was just a rental. Nothing to big, it was kinda to repetative for me. But hey rentals are always good.

SoundX
06-27-2004, 10:25 AM
It arrived a couple of days ago. It's fantastic! I think the difficulty level is actualy pritty balanced, the only thing I hate are the respawning enimies. Damn them...

lol

y2kash_14
07-01-2004, 07:41 PM
It arrived a couple of days ago. It's fantastic! I think the difficulty level is actualy pritty balanced, the only thing I hate are the respawning enimies. Damn them...

lol

There's never an unlimited amount of enemies in any section. If it seems endless, just keep fighting 'em you'll get a reward in the end. Ninja Gaiden is an awesome game...and the normal difficulty shouldn't be too hard.

themoosearmy
07-06-2004, 01:28 AM
I just ordered a copy from Amazon, and after reading about all this people getting so frustrated with its difficulty, I was wondering if it's such a wise choice for me.
Because, when I get a game and get stuck, I do it non-stop for hours, and if I don't pass that section, I leave the game alone. Let it die in the dust.

... well, I guess I need to whip out my original controller incase I feel the urge to mash it against the side of the tv.
Yes the game is frustrating, yes it is difficult, and yes it's one of the best game for Xbox to date. Ninja Gaiden is everything that a game should be, one that grows with the player throughtout each level. As you get better, the enemies get tougher.

Completing this game gave me the most satisfaction from finsihing it than any other game i've played.

Nato King
07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Not really frustrating just breathe put the controller down and walk away

Hey Darkside I was just about to say that. That the best thing to do is put the controller down and walk away. Somtimes I will be away for hours but I do come back and sooner or later I get over the part i was stock at. I would say not trying to give the game away but I was mostly stock on the boss: Alma, Greater Fiend. you would know her name when you start to play. :bang:

JJaX
07-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Its really not that difficult...

I only died like once after upgrading to a level 2 katana.

Snapple
07-18-2004, 08:11 PM
The first time through it is pretty hard(don't be intimidated though). The reason was cause you don't exactly know how to work the Ninpos and combos and mastering moves and such. Also, the whole thing about upgradeing weapons got confusing too. But just like all games after you beat it and know what your doing the second time through is like WHOA. This game OWNS. Then pretty soon you'll be unlocking all the easter eggs. Which are kinda hard to get, but just go to GameFaqs.

Gutspiller09
07-26-2004, 10:53 AM
i had to restart my game twice because the first try i forgot the windmill shuriken, the second time i bought useless crap like the wooden sword and the izuna drop 9how do u pull it off? i attempted that move a gajillion times mysdelf) and the 3rd time i didn't have enough potions and ninoo to defeat the fire dragon boss. but all in all, you made a great investment, it's one of the greatest games that i've ever played.

themoosearmy
07-26-2004, 10:55 AM
i had to restart my game twice because the first try i forgot the windmill shuriken, the second time i bought useless crap like the wooden sword and the izuna drop 9how do u pull it off? i attempted that move a gajillion times mysdelf) and the 3rd time i didn't have enough potions and ninoo to defeat the fire dragon boss. but all in all, you made a great investment, it's one of the greatest games that i've ever played.
I didn't use one ninpo or potion on the Fire Dragon. Just the big ass warhammer. Izuna drop is easy to pull off...but it takes practice.

JJaX
07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
The Izuna Drop is the best combo in the game.

You can open up with either X, then Y, or Foward and Y.

Than you just press X, X, X Y.

If my memory serves me correct.

SoundX
07-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I'll try it next time I get on, I'm on Chapter 4 right now.