PDA

View Full Version : I just purchased an X-box, and I must say...

PhatTony462
06-17-2004, 09:30 PM
I never before had played an X-box console before 2 days ago. I was at my local EB games and decided to pick one up as it came with Halo and it was the new green see through version. I dished out the 216 bucks for the system and a spare controller, get home, set it up and turn it on. Even though Ive only played Halo, since its the only game I have, the system is awesome. I am not really a first person shooter kinda guy unless its multiplayer, but halo has brought new meaning to the fps to me. I actually enjoy playing it. I currently own a PS2 also, and was in the market for a gamecube, but i decided at the last moment to go with the x box. I hope i made the right choice.

One thing i would like to ask all of you addicts is besides halo, what are some other must have titles for the x box? I have no idea what games are must haves for this system, but that is why Im asking all of you.

Thanks a lot,

PhatTony462

Darkside
06-17-2004, 09:40 PM
RPG
Star Wars KoTOR
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - The Game of the Edition

Action:
Ninja Gaiden
Crimson Skies

FPS:
Rainbow Six 3
Counter-Strike

Racing: PGR 2

These are already out

Now these you must buy

Fable
Sudeki
Halo 2

ummm I can't think right now but there IS others

edit: Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Republic Commando

No Fear 23
06-17-2004, 10:04 PM
get xbox live.

best games out

Rainbow six3
Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow (one of the best single player and best graphics)
Project gotham racing 2

LTM360
06-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, if you have (or are willing to get) broadband, then Xbox Live is essential. As Halo redefined FPS for you, Xbox Live will redefine online multiplayer.

Some High Recommended games:
Rainbow Six 3 (only if you have/get Xbox Live)
Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack
Ninja Gaiden
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Crimson Skies: The High Road to Revenge (good single-player, also great on Xbox Live)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (good single-player, also great on Xbox Live)
Panzer Dragoon Otra (some love it, some hate it, so maybe beware)
Full Spectrum Warrior

All I can think of at the moment, but hey, they would all keep you busy for a while.
Also, Welcome to XBA! :cheers:

RockTheCasba
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
Full Spectrum Warrior
is all u need for now

BoundBruiser
06-17-2004, 11:12 PM
These guys have already covered the games that are already out but you need yo get these when they come out later this year......

Fable
Halo 2
Doom 3
Half Life 2

06-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Glad you finally got an XBox. Times will only get better. You see more clearer, all you health problems will be gone. Oh, and you know those allergies? You'll notice they were cured to. Congrats!

l Maximus l
06-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Other games?

To me, Halo is the only game you need, however, there are other non-FPSs that are awesome and yes, I do play them quite often...I just rarely talk about it :D

Racing: Get Rallisport Challenge 2...you've never seen a racing game this good. If you're into Rally cars, prepare yourself for the best one every made...phenominal gameplay, amazing graphics (probably one of the top 5 most gorgeous games on XBox), and it immerses you like no other. Atleast, that's what I get from playing it!

RPG: I'm not a big RPG guy at all, however, I would strongly suggest putting Fable on your "must buy" list when it launches. It's supposed to take the RPG genre to the next level...kinda like how Halo takes the FPS genre to a whole new level.

Action: Must buy Ninja Gaiden. 'Nuff said.

Other FPS: Probably Rainbow Six: 3, however, I don't think it holds a candle to Halo. I know I'll get flamed by that comment by everyone here, but, the truth hurts ;)

Stealth 3rd person: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Golf: Links 2004.

Snowboarding: Amped 2...a must buy!

That should keep you busy for a while! By the way, welcome to the XBA brethren...

Bakeman
06-18-2004, 02:01 AM
And if you like Football games.... ESPN NFL 2k5 comes out August 24th. And you can preorder right now for 20 bucks. Best football hands down!

Slowride
06-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Well it would really help if you told us the types of games that you like, but luckily enough the kind people from teh XBA have taken the time to be very broad, detailed and informative. Don't worry, you made the right choice. After just 1 day you should be able to tell that the box is the best system out there right now hands down. Welcome to the asylum. We use to have a sexy nurse at the top of the page, but now we just have a goofy lookin retard. :)

Sheeyt
06-18-2004, 04:48 AM
Yes first and foremost if you have broadband its a requirement to have Xbox Live. After that the massive lists that the fellas have already supplied to you should be efficent enough.

Anthony4sho
06-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden
Any game by Tom Clancy
Full Spectrum Warrior
Chronicles of Rid**** Escape from Butchers Bay
The GTA Double pack if you ain't already got it on PS2

Those are pretty much the quality games outfor the Xbox. There are great sports games out like ESPN 2k4 and Links 2004. Rallisport 2 is good too. And then you got Halo 2 and all these other great games coming out.

thrAsher
06-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the Asylum, PhatTony. Meds are distributed both morning and evening, so be sure not to miss your dose.

These guys have dropped most of the best titles for the Xbox. However, if you're an RPG fan, you're better off looking for games for your PS2 because the Xbox is severely, SEVERELY lacking in that department.

Wolfboy_888
06-18-2004, 10:15 PM
if you have ebay you can find a lot of these games for very cheap...I also recommend Star Wars Jedi academy, ESPN NHL Hockey, and Counter strike if you get live...Cheapassgamer.com is a good site that fellow gamers like you post really cheap deals and sales going on @ stores and websites thats really helpful..

Some other games you could look into are

Max Payne 1
Max Payne 2 (my 2 favorites)
Manhunt
Return to castle wolfenstein (really good on xbox live pretty good in single player)

Some of the platinum hits, which are only 20 dollars or lower (target or walmart usually has them for 17.95 or something like that) especially dead to rights and splinter cell ..... other platinum games that are decent are brute force and amped.

Reclaimer
06-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Welcome aboard, and yes, get yourself on Xbox Live. You'll never play Xbox the same again. You have Halo, that's a good start. Rainbow Six: Three is the definitive Live game to have. Full Spectrum Warrior, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, and don't forget you need a driving game. Get Project Gotham Racing 2.
Don't be afraid to get non Live games, there's plenty of good ones out there, but once you get on Live, you'll mainly want Live games.

David Luckey
06-19-2004, 03:44 AM
I have quite a nice collection going, I would recommend
Ninja Gaiden
Crimson Skies
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind-GOTY (make sure you get GOTY, it is better. That is Game of the Year, if you don't know that)
Splinter Cell-The first one, as well as Pandora Tommorow
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Beyond Good and Evil
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Prince of Persia
Collin Mcrae Rally and RallySport Challenge are both good
Shenmue II
Seduki
Dead or Alive 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Max Payne I+II
Full Spectrum Warrior
Toca Race Driver II
Hitman II

SoundX
06-19-2004, 10:34 AM
First of all, welcome! :)

Anyways, I recomend:

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Rallisport Challenge 2
Rainbow Six
Max Payne 2
Soul Calibur 2
Prince of Persia
Ninja Gaiden
GTA Double Pack

Those are all I can think off the top of my head, there are more though. Believe me.

If I were you I'd invest in some the classics range, there are some kick ass games that you can get for alot less than a standard game. There's a list of em on Xbox.com :)

Kortiz
06-19-2004, 05:07 PM
You know what sucks about this xbox contraption....you will never EVER find enough time to play all of the games everybody is telling you to get.

It sucks -- totally.

In the last....oh....8 months of so I have bought: Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies, Soul Calibur 2, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, sega gt online, GTA: DP, and maybe one other. I have enjoyed every game -- but I only play like 2 of them

TWO

Trento52
06-19-2004, 11:31 PM
WTF no one said the chronicles of rid**** yet. Games latley i am really loving are
Rid****
Rallysport challenge 2
amped 2
Ninja Gaiden
Breakdown

Other's i recommend are jet Set Radio future, panzer dragoon Orta, Prince of Persia, Quantum redshift, Project gotham racing 1/2, metal arms, Otogi Myth of demons, full spectrum warrior, rainbow six 3, crimson skies, mechassault, dead or alive 3, and alot of these can be found cheap.

Shadow20002
06-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Welcome to XBA first! :)

Get ninja gaiden if you are someone that really love hardcore game. Fable is what you need to pass your holidays at home along with Halo 2.

kenji
06-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/charts/) is a list of the top 100 games rated by XBA members. I personally reccomend:

RPG: KOTOR
Snowboard: SSX Tricky and SSX 3
Sports: NHL HITZ 20-02
Action: Ninja Gaiden
Shooter: Metal Arms: Glich in the System
Other: Deathrow

Some of those games are around 20 bucks now.