PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sales

Xboxfan123
01-20-2002, 12:18 AM
In your city or town how well is the Xbox and games selling?

I went to a store called Zellers (Canada) and they had about 10 Xboxes stacked in a shelf behind glass. I asked the salesclerk when they will be getting new Xbox games and he said that they probably won't be because Xbox is not selling well there. It could be because the Xbox console alone is $525 including tax and the games are $80 to $85 with tax. Personally I love my Xbox and I am glad I bought it. They have lots of Gamecubes and games too still left in stock.

XBA Staff
01-20-2002, 12:27 AM
Well really I don't pay attention to stuff like that. But yesterday at my BlockBuster almost every Xbox game was checked out.

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Hmm EB had a bunch of PS2s XBoxes and GCs...Walmart was sold out of GCs and Xboxes and Target was sold out of GCs but only had 1 Xbox...the numbers are prolly pretty even, because because they seem to sell quick, but are slowing down now that the shortages seem to have stopped

Xboxfan123
01-20-2002, 12:46 AM
I just was a little upset to hear that from the clerk and see like 10 Xboxes sitting on the shelf. Oh yeah then the guy said "We have about 50 sitting in the back". I'm not sure if he meant Xboxes or NHL 2002 games because I was looking at NHL 2002 a minute before. I just pray Xbox never becomes the next DC. With all the great games coming out and MS $ behind the Xbox I can't see it happening.

Toonz
01-20-2002, 10:33 AM
I'm thinking worst case scenario Xbox sales might slow down a bit now that Xmas is over but just wait till it goes online. The first time Bob goes to Franks house and see's Franks Xbox playing Unreal Championship online Bob is gonna head straight over to the bank and make a withdrawl and head right to the store. I personally think online is what is going sell the Xbox. On another note as well I might get trashed for this but I think Xbox needs some kiddie games. I have seen many parents humming and hawing over which console to buy and they decide on either a PS2 or a CUBE becuase as a family if there only getting 1 console that is the better choice based on games. Yes I know Xbox is for adult gamers blah, blah, blah but if they are only gonna market adults they are gonna loose out on alotta cash. I want my Adult games don't get me wrong but they need to get everyones cash not just us adults.

Xboxfan123
01-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I thought about why that store had so many Xboxes left. I think the reason is because in Canada we can't get the extended warranty and that store doesn't offer an extended warranty like some stores here do.:rolleyes:

TRIGGAH
01-20-2002, 02:39 PM
I live out in Scarborough, TORONTO and everytime I go to Blockbuster all the games for the XBOX are rented out, and trust me I don't just go to one I try at least 4 within a short driving distance from my crib. It's crazy the only games for rent are Shrek and Batman. WOOPEE...
I don't know about the post christmas season sales, but on Boxing day i was at Future Shop buying a Surround Sound dream system, and XBOX systems were flying off the shelves.
I don't remember whoever said that XBOX doesn't have an extended warantee in Canada but I got a 2 year extended from Future Shop for 50 bucks. If anything ever goes wrong with my XBOX in 2 years I just go back to Future Shop and they give me a brand new one.
I have personally influenced 5 of my friends to purchase an XBOX. I think Microsoft's gotta get me on their marketing payroll. HEHEHE...
AIIGHT PEACE.

BattleCruiser
01-20-2002, 03:21 PM
Zellers problem in Canada is that they can no longer compete. Walmart is selling the Xbox for 449.00 CDN and Super Store for 449.00 CDN while Zellers is selling the Xbox for 459.00 CDN. Even future shop lists the Xbox at 449.00 CDN. In my town in Alberta Zellers allways has a ton of Xbox's.

Remember how a few years ago Zellers whould advertise "The Law Of ToyLand". Now they don't! Why? They can not compete

Frostberg
01-20-2002, 03:23 PM
hmm why would they think they can get more money for the same thing than another store?

Xboxmaster2001
01-20-2002, 03:25 PM
I work at blockbuster and most of our games are checked out anygame you want for ps2 you could get but you can only get a few for xbox..so i guess xbox is selling well here.

Toonz
01-20-2002, 04:06 PM
I also think that alotta peeps don't think to goto Zellers. When I think of buying a game I don't say " hey ! maybe I will try Zellers " lol. I know on Launch day where I live everyone had sold out on pre-orders and places like Future Shop and Walmart had people camping out. I went at 11am over to Zellers and picked up a Xbox no prob. I may have paid $10 more than everyone else but I did not have to stand in line or nothing. Same thing happend with the N64. I got tired of standing in line at ToysRus just to fill out rainchecks so I walked to the other end of the mall to Zellers and they had like 20 units.

Xboxfan123
01-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I also think that alotta peeps don't think to goto Zellers. When I think of buying a game I don't say " hey ! maybe I will try Zellers " lol. I know on Launch day where I live everyone had sold out on pre-orders and places like Future Shop and Walmart had people camping out. I went at 11am over to Zellers and picked up a Xbox no prob. I may have paid $10 more than everyone else but I did not have to stand in line or nothing. Same thing happend with the N64. I got tired of standing in line at ToysRus just to fill out rainchecks so I walked to the other end of the mall to Zellers and they had like 20 units.

Yea. Must because it's $10 more and no extended warranty available. I'm not sorry I bought it there as I haven't had a single problem. MS is supposidly working on an extended warranty for Canadians.

Chr0nik
01-23-2002, 06:52 AM
In Montreal I cant even get a copy of NHL2002, it is sold out

everywhere.

But there is plenty of PS2 and GC games available.

batman46st
01-23-2002, 11:23 AM
i live in new york, we have a good supply of xboxs in toysrus target ebgames about 10 each store however i have to whake up kind of early to buy or rent xbox games most of them are either sold out or rented and its probably because there are so many xboxsold i asked the dude he said about 20people in 3 days ask over the phone and come in to ask about xbox n games in stock..

in newjersey toysrus and best buy n about 10 lil vid stores. they have some xbox in stocks and good supply of vids. garden states alright with its 3 percent taxs on games :)